Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #91
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel77 View Post
    my bad, is enjoying the episode and having a differing opinion not allowed?
    Haha.

You can offer a differing opinion, but you have to understand that for an episode that has been negatively received on here, for a user to pipe up with a glowing review, written by a new member (lurking doesnt count) who joined when we started getting weekly accurate spoilers, and its their first post - it looks a little suspicious to us "tin hat" TWD fans. None of us would put it past TPTB to try and influence opinion on here at all.

Anyway Mr G, I see what you tried to do with the finale, but its a swing and a miss I'm afraid.

2. Back To Top    #92
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Meghann Lily View Post
    Right, only for you and people who want Daryl killed off will it justify it. Glenn is just as big a character as Daryl. They wouldn't have had Dwight shoot him if that was the case, that whole Dwight/Daryl storyline isn't over with yet. Negan isn't going to kill a half dead character to get his point across. This show isn't going to gain a huge amount of fans just because they kill Daryl. It will lose fans though, because I think you're under estimating the amount of fans outside this forum that he actually has. It also doesn't have the impact that killing Glenn has given the fact they're sticking to Maggie's hilltop arc, and her "beef" with Rick after just telling him she "believes in him." Its Glenn's POV from the van, its just like on the damn Sopranos how they did it with Tony, and if it ends up not being Glenn then SG is the biggest Troll of all time with that POV shit. I love Glenn, and I like Daryl, so I don't want it to be EITHER of them. But, at the end of the day, IMO, its most likely going to be Glenn, and nothing will justify this stupid cliffhanger because its a shitty way to kill off any of those A5 characters.

I'm a Daryl fan. He's been my favorite since the show started and I don't want him to be killed off either, nor do I want to see Glenn go. But someone from A5 has to go, it's been way to long since they've killed off an A5 member.They have to stop building this stuff up only for a minor character to be killed off. And if it's not going to be Glenn(which I think it should be. They need to keep this death the same as the comic), then it should be Daryl because he is such a popular character, and everyone think's he is 100% safe because he is Daryl Dixon, this would be the perfect way for him to go. It's a huge moment in the comics and it should have been an even bigger moment for the show but they've already kind of killed that. The only way to come back from this is to kill Glenn or Daryl. Glenn, because it is him in comics and if not Glenn, then Daryl because he is so popular and this is such a big a death scene(or should have been at least), that a character like Daryl should get it.

If not Glenn or Daryl, who else would justify this death the way Gimple is swearing they're going to do? Who else is going to have such a big impact on not only the group but the audience? We know it's not Rick, Carl, or Maggie dying. Eugene, Aaron, Sasha, or Rosita wouldn't have that big of an impact. Abraham, yeah he kind of would, but not as big as Glenn or Daryl. Plus, I really think when he bucked up to Negan the way he did, that showed Negan he wasn't scared of anything, and that is the kind of man Negan wants working for him. Michonne would definitely have a big impact on the group and audience but I just don't see her going anywhere yet.

3. Back To Top    #93
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    It better be fuckin' Glenn, only way they can come back from this clusterfuck is by doing it justice and killing someone whose death might actually lead to organic character development (optimistic)
    As much of a Daryl fangirl as I am, I could tolerate the inevitable hormone-fulled mourning because it would show they actually still had balls.

4. Back To Top    #94
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Level
    I think the whole season has been a pretty clever play on Glenn and how he seems to have nine lives, forever cheating death. As in previous seasons he seems to always dodge what appears to be the inevitable and this season has really highlighted that. With this death if they have followed the comic verbatim, the knock on effect from it and what follows next will have a huge impact. I believe it was Glenn, they have always said when they do his death it will be done justly and in a way that pays homage to the character. The POV final shots don't bother me, not knowing or seeing who died doesn't bother me because it's conclusive, someone has died. To see it fresh at the season 7 premiere and to be able to experience the immediate aftermath will be far more satisfying then to wait 8 months to see the ramfications brought about by that death. I feel it will have a far bigger impact.
    Mr. Gimple, can I get you to sign this petition please?

https://www.change.org/p/amc-cable-t...e-walking-dead

5. Back To Top    #95
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    daryl glenn maggie or abraham will die

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nanners View Post
    Mr. Gimple, can I get you to sign this petition please?

https://www.change.org/p/amc-cable-t...e-walking-dead

Nope

6. Back To Top    #96
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level

7. Back To Top    #97
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Good grief, paranoid much, I've actually been a member on this site for quite some time, I just normally read the spoilers and don't comment. Based on this sort of reaction I don't think I will ever offer an opinion again. FYI I live in New Zealand and work in retail so have no fear, just a fan who thought they might add a positive voice amongst all the hate!

8. Back To Top    #98
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Level
    I think the whole season has been a pretty clever play on Glenn and how he seems to have nine lives, forever cheating death. As in previous seasons he seems to always dodge what appears to be the inevitable and this season has really highlighted that. With this death if they have followed the comic verbatim, the knock on effect from it and what follows next will have a huge impact. I believe it was Glenn, they have always said when they do his death it will be done justly and in a way that pays homage to the character. The POV final shots don't bother me, not knowing or seeing who died doesn't bother me because it's conclusive, someone has died. To see it fresh at the season 7 premiere and to be able to experience the immediate aftermath will be far more satisfying then to wait 8 months to see the ramfications brought about by that death. I feel it will have a far bigger impact.
    You are clearly writing through the rose tinted glasses of someone who knew what they wanted, or expected this Season to be. And that garbage justifying the Glenn situation sounds sickeningly like the way one would pitch an idea as uncalled for and stupid as the cliffhanger. No, the Glenn takeout wasn't clever, it was obnoxious, and walking away from the Season ending knowing "someone died" is simply not enough. It's no wonder some people on here think you are Scott Gimple lol

9. Back To Top    #99
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Meghann Lily View Post
    Right, only for you and people who want Daryl killed off will it justify it. Glenn is just as big a character as Daryl. They wouldn't have had Dwight shoot him if that was the case, that whole Dwight/Daryl storyline isn't over with yet. Negan isn't going to kill a half dead character to get his point across. This show isn't going to gain a huge amount of fans just because they kill Daryl. It will lose fans though, because I think you're under estimating the amount of fans outside this forum that he actually has. It also doesn't have the impact that killing Glenn has given the fact they're sticking to Maggie's hilltop arc, and her "beef" with Rick after just telling him she "believes in him." Its Glenn's POV from the van, its just like on the damn Sopranos how they did it with Tony, and if it ends up not being Glenn then SG is the biggest Troll of all time with that POV shit. I love Glenn, and I like Daryl, so I don't want it to be EITHER of them. But, at the end of the day, IMO, its most likely going to be Glenn, and nothing will justify this stupid cliffhanger because its a shitty way to kill off any of those A5 characters.
    Agreed I am one of the small minority that although was annoyed at the cliffhanger, did not have the intense sense of anger that most did, but only because i still believe Glenn will die. I don't mind waiting for a Glenn bashing but if Daryl dies instead that would not only cheat Glenn out of the impact his death deserves but would deny Maggie her character arc in becoming the leader of hilltop, and that would take me to super saiyan levels of nerd rage.

Also on a side note i feel ashamed at some of the comments that are popping up on here, i have happily read this forum for years never feeling the need to reply. Is it any wonder people feel that they cannot post comments when as soon as they do they get attacked for not being 'true' fans because their opinion is not the popular one. This is a forum which by definition is a place where people should feel free to voice their opinions without personal attack. I think you would find there are a lot more fans who have different views and insights into the finale but do not express them due to the backlash they would receive, which is a shame because i would like to read them rather than people misplacing their anger at the show by taking cheap shots at other forum members.

10. Back To Top    #100
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by i-am-8-bit View Post
    Agreed I am one of the small minority that although was annoyed at the cliffhanger, did not have the intense sense of anger that most did, but only because i still believe Glenn will die. I don't mind waiting for a Glenn bashing but if Daryl dies instead that would not only cheat Glenn out of the impact his death deserves but would deny Maggie her character arc in becoming the leader of hilltop, and that would take me to super saiyan levels of nerd rage.

Also on a side note i feel ashamed at some of the comments that are popping up on here, i have happily read this forum for years never feeling the need to reply. Is it any wonder people feel that they cannot post comments when as soon as they do they get attacked for not being 'true' fans because their opinion is not the popular one. This is a forum which by definition is a place where people should feel free to voice their opinions without personal attack. I think you would find there are a lot more fans who have different views and insights into the finale but do not express them due to the backlash they would receive, which is a shame because i would like to read them rather than people misplacing their anger at the show by taking cheap shots at other forum members.
    I agree too. Glenn is one of my favorite characters and I don't want it to be him but, he'll get one of the most iconic deaths so far in the series. It also propels Maggie's story towards her becoming a leader, just like you said.

Don't even worry about the assholes that attack people for having a different opinion, it just shows how ridiculously immature they are. No one gets to decide who's a true fan and who isn't. If you like the Walking Dead then you're a fan, period.. everyone else can grow TF up. I say how I feel and if someone doesn't like it I just ignore them and move on. I think we have enough "thought police" in the world now a days so.. post what you feel, your opinion is just as important.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast