Status
    "We could arrange to have you carried." AdamUpBxtch's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Level
    Good:

Season 1 - Fantastic

Season 2 - Sometimes I go back in forth on which season I liked better, this one or season 1.

Season 4 - A nice come back from the bullshit that was Season 3. The end to the prison arc was done really well and Too Far Gone is still my favorite episode of the entire series. The cliffhanger at the end of this season was actually good.

Disappointment:

Season 6 - Shitty Cliffhanger and Fake out after another building up to one of the worse and most disappointing cliffhangers I've ever seen in TV history....this could of been one of the greatest seasons of the Walking Dead ever with the No Way Out and Something To Fear arcs and they completely fucked it up.

Garbage:

Season 5 - The middle of this season was some of the worst television I've ever seen.

Season 3 - Completely butchered the character of Andrea and the prison story line. Merle and the David Morrissey Governor character himself were the only silver linings.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Level
    1 -
    2 -
    4 -
    3 -
    5 -
    6 -

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Level
    From best to worst:

Season 2B - mostly because the writing was good and there was a nice air of tension; Shane was also awesome.

Season 1 - it was awesome to see TWD brought to life on-screen at first and it all flowed quite nicely.

Season 4A - it had a good tone to it and Gimple did the best he could to salvage the mess Mazzara had made of the prison arc.

Season 2A - really slow in some parts, but it did a decent job of setting up the second half of the season and building character tension.

Season 4B - some good episodes, some bad ones; really inconsistent in terms of quality and too much filler

Season 5A - bad writing all over the place, nonsensical character development, Beth stinking up the joint and badly dropping the ball on Terminus and shoehorning in the hospital antagonists as replacements

Season 3A - terrible, terrible, terrible writing. Andrea's character rape and the entire Woodbury arc getting completely botched in favor of a forced relationship between her and The Governor. Prison stuff was all mediocre, with Rick going ax crazy over Lori being the worst of it.

Season 3B - let me put it this way: If you're a big comic fan like myself watching this season was like having your eyes slowly removed with a knife and then having said eyes rammed down your throat. Also, the Season 3 finale is one of the worst in TV history and as bad as the S6 cliffhanger was, the episode it featured in wasn't this poorly written from start to finish.

Haven't watched 5B and Season 6; got no intention to change that either.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Best to Worst
    Season 2
    Season 1
    Season 4
    Season 3
    Season 5
    Season 6

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Level
    (From best to worst)

1. Season 1
    High points:

• Introduction to most of the main characters
    • Introduction to the world - everyone is confused and zombies are still scary
    • The characters were all consistent
    • Nothing really seemed to be there just to pander to the audience. The story was just told in an organic way. None of the characters were show-offs. No one was unbelievably awesome. Everyone was just a normal person living in an apocalypse.

Low points:

• Token characters - it seemed like they made all their characters, realized they were all white, and then threw in some token characters of other races as an afterthought... and then they didn't know what to do with those characters. The Morales family just left. Jacqui died, and T-Dog just sat around in the background for a couple seasons.

2. Season 4B
    High points:

• The Grove - that might have been my very favorite episode.
    • The character groups - when everyone got split up, strange groups ended up being together, and I enjoyed the different groups, how they got along - or didn't...
    • Introduction of Abraham Ford and his group.

Low points:

• A lot of walking on train tracks.

3. Season 5A
    High points:

• The Hunters - it was my favorite comic-storyline, and Gareth made it better.
    • Gabriel - I didn't expect to love him, but I did...

Low points:

• The hospital storyline - the first three episodes in this season were some of my favorites of the whole series. Then we got a long, drawn out rescue mission that ended badly. Nothing good came of it. Even Noah died anyway. It was all for nothing.

4. Season 2B
    High points:

• Shane - he was one of the most interesting characters ever on the show. It was fun watching him spiral out of control
    • Exciting finale

Low points:

• The mob mentality of the group - everyone jumped onboard with the idea of murdering Randal so fast. It was really disturbing.
    • Dale's death - ninja zombie... and I loved Dale... :'(

5. Season 4A
    High points:

• The Governor episodes - I loved getting some story on him, and I loved seeing him struggle between being a good guy and killing the fuck out of people. He was so cute with Meghan too.

Low points:

• The flu - so many episodes with people just having the flu... It's not a very exciting plot.

6. Season 2A
    High points:

• Intro to the farm
    • Shane - his episode with Otis was one of the best
    • Glenn - when he was keeping everyone's secrets... and then told Dale everything. That was funny. Earlier Glenn was so awkward and cute.

Low points:

• Seemed like nothing was happening a lot of the time
    • Carl - he kept fucking up everything
    • Sophia - so much time spent looking for her... and I was mad that she died at all

7. Season 3A
    High points:

• Intro to the prison
    • Lori died
    • Intro to Woodbury

Low points:

• Lori's ghost
    • Andrea fucking the Governor
    • T-Dog's unnecessary death

8. Season 3B
    High points:

• Merle kinda redeeming himself
    • The Governor snapping and murdering all his people

Low points:

• Andrea's stupid death
    • Boring finale

9. Season 5B
    High points:

• The episode where Noah died was pretty exciting - and the Glenn/Nicholas rivalry was interesting.
    • The episode where Tyreese died was pretty exciting (but I was sad that Tyreese died...)

Low points:

• Rick going psycho on Pete before he had a reason to - he was ready to kill him before he knew shit about the situation.
    • Most of this half-season was really boring.

10. Season 6B
    High points:

• Jesus - his intro was great. I love him. Too bad he vanished after his first three episodes.
    • Gabriel - he's been being pretty cool.

Low points:

• A lot of filler
    • No payoff - everything was built up as though it was leading somewhere... But we'll wait for season 7 for that moment instead.
    • Inconsistent characters - so many characters aren't making sense anymore.
    • Carol's story is annoying me. She's one of my favorites too...

11. Season 6A
    High points:

• ? Maybe the first part of the episode "Thank You."

Low points:

• Glenn's fake death
    • No Way Out cliffhanger - because of this, nothing worthwhile happened in this half of the season.
    • The Wolves - they barely did any damage
    • Morgan - he was really annoying. I was excited for his return, but quickly got sick of him.

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Level
    1. Season 2
    - I love the farm. I love Shane, Rick, and Lori. I love Andrea. I love Glenn and Maggie. I love the family vibe on them. And certainly love the MSF and the finale.

2. Season 6
    - I love the story. I love some of the Alexandrians. There are so many wonderful moments. Letdowns are the too much use of cliffhangers, plot holes, and out of nowhere romances.

3. Season 5
    - I love the tension of the season. The Terminus and the arrival of Rick's group to Alexandria. Grady was okay.

4. Season 3
    - The first season I watch and I love 3A. Many action packs were happened. 3B was kinda a bore. Andrea was fucked up and died.

5. Season 4
    - I really didn't feel the flu arc and the backstory of The Governor but there are so many incredible characters introduced this season like Lizzie, Tara, and Bob. 4B was a good one for me to know and appreciate the characters well.

6. Season 1
    - I love the introduction. I love the first season. I just put it on my least because I feel that there are no many meaty storylines here yet because the characters were still fresh. Notable characters only here are the Grimes family, Shane, Andrea, and Amy. The rest are just fun characters but no depth yet to root for.

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    By half season from best to worst:
    3A
    4B
    3B
    2B
    6B (Would have been 2nd if not for the Carol change and the saviors plan in the finale and the cliffhanger)
    2A
    5B
    4A
    5A (would have been much higher if not for the awful Hospital arc)
    6A

By season from best to worst:

My favorite episode by far is No Way Out, followed by A and No Sanctuary

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Think I'll go by half seasons as well.

2B(better angels is my top episode of all time)
    3A
    4A(because of too far gone)
    4B(because of A and the Grove)
    5A(no sanctuary, 4 walls and a roof)
    3B(I did love this sorrowful life)
    2A(loved pretty much dead already, rest of season pretty slow)
    6B
    6A
    5B(loved WHAWGO, didn't care for much else in 5B)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast