1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    5 things I've learned from watching "The Americans"

1-If an old lady promises you a free trip to Cuba - don't trust her!
    2-If your neighbour is an FBI agent, lock the garage door.
    3-As a Russian spy you'll have unlimited access to lots of wigs.
    4-If you have two kids you'll look more American.
    5-No real Russians are employed for a tv show about Russians.. LOL

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status

Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Level
    Love this show! Can't wait for S. 2!!!!!

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    Season 2 on February 26!

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    WHY ? OH WHY ? Must we wait until next year for the new season!!!!!

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Level
    Love this show too! Can't believe they let us waiting until next year with such a big cliffhanger! I hated my TV when I saw the end!!!!

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Occasional Proud Apologist Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1219 Post(s)
    Level
    Anybody watching this season besides me? I am loving it. I'm surprised how attached I got to Martha.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1219 Post(s)
    Level
    Season 5 premieres March 7, 2017! That is this upcoming Tuesday!

Here's the synopsis for season 5:

Set in the 1980s at the height of the Cold War, The Americans is a period drama about the complex marriage of two KGB spies posing as Americans in suburban Washington D.C. The arranged marriage of Philip (Matthew Rhys) and Elizabeth Jennings (Keri Russell) grows more passionate and genuine by the day, but as the pressures and demands of the job grow heavier, the personal toll becomes almost too exhausting to bear.

Having revealed their true identities to their teenage daughter, Paige (Holly Taylor), Philip and Elizabeth’s ability to protect their cover and their family’s safety has become even more tenuous. Even as Paige pushes her parents to bring her deeper into their confidence, Philip and Elizabeth struggle to maintain normalcy in their family, especially around their son, Henry (Keidrich Sellati). Paige’s budding romance with Matthew, the son of their neighbor, FBI Agent Stan Beeman (Noah Emmerich), further complicates matters since Stan – Philip’s best friend – remains the greatest threat to the Jennings’ safety. He and his partner, Agent Dennis Aderholt (Brandon J. Dirden) are on the task force that seeks to uncover the Soviet Illegals living among them.

After Stan’s KGB lover/asset Nina was sent back to Moscow and executed for treason, he cultivated a relationship with KGB officer Oleg Burov (Costa Ronin), who, torn between duty and conscience, shared top Soviet secret intel with Stan that allowed the FBI to avert a potentially catastrophic loss of life. Disillusioned with the KGB, Oleg returned home to Russia, but he is finding it harder to escape his past transgressions than he had hoped. As the Cold War rages on, paranoia on both sides reaches new heights, making Philip and Elizabeth’s work increasingly vital – and eminently more perilous.

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/the-americans/255713/the-americans-season-5-trailer-and-release-date

I hope to see Martha again this season!

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1219 Post(s)
    Level
    Another dead thread! Did anybody watch the final season? I thought it was fabulous!

I just binged the entire series, after having watched it live over the course of several seasons. This is a show that was meant to be binged, so if you're looking for a nice, six seasons long binge, do this one!

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    Another dead thread! Did anybody watch the final season? I thought it was fabulous!

I just binged the entire series, after having watched it live over the course of several seasons. This is a show that was meant to be binged, so if you're looking for a nice, six seasons long binge, do this one!
    That final conversation between Philip and Stan in the parking garage is one of the best tv moments of all time to me. This series was astounding. From the quiet moments to the action, some of the strongest stuff I've ever seen. It had no low points to me, season 5 was slow but necessary and still had one of my favorite episodes when Philip and Elizabeth break into the mites lab to find the root of the "problem"......little did they know what was actually going on.

Ahhhgggh I could go on for awhile about this one.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1219 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesclan12 View Post
    That final conversation between Philip and Stan in the parking garage is one of the best tv moments of all time to me. This series was astounding. From the quiet moments to the action, some of the strongest stuff I've ever seen. It had no low points to me, season 5 was slow but necessary and still had one of my favorite episodes when Philip and Elizabeth break into the mites lab to find the root of the "problem"......little did they know what was actually going on.

Ahhhgggh I could go on for awhile about this one.
    Amen to all of this! Yes, there was plenty of irony with the mites/wheat which led nicely into the final issue with The Summit in terms of the Center getting it wrong/making it wrong.

I LOVED Martha and ached for her as her heart broke. Her final episode as a regular was packed with emotion and suspense.

I still wonder about the future of those characters who, I am fully aware, do not exist! I think Paige made an understandable but completely boneheaded decision at the end. Stan knows who she is, and the FBI knows who her parents are. She's not innocent like Henry, so what's she going to do? Of what value is she to the Center now that she probably can't return to college and fulfill its plan for her (CIA/FBI). She's not like her parents in that she has no connection whatsoever to "the Motherland", and she's driven merely by ideals with which she has no real life experience.

I'd like to think that Stan, without divulging TOO much to Oleg, would be able to convince him to decode that message (which Stan already knows what's in it) in exchange for his freedom. Perhaps he could tell Oleg that there was no danger of exposing the source since the source had already escaped to Russia. I know Stan has to be careful what he tells Oleg, but darn I want him to be able to return home to his family.

And speaking of the garage scene, how about that "Renee may be one of us"? Poor paranoid, prescient, lucky Stan. He came out of all of this looking like he was smelling like a rose, and yet he'd lost his best friend in one of the worst possible ways (for him) and will now be on his guard with his wife.

I could go on. I just loved this show. I suspect I'll be binging it again in a few months.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Spoil The Dead is the largest & number one fansite for AMC's The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead, Image Comic's The Walking Dead, and the Telltale Games. Offering spoilers, games, and community to fans & zombie enthusiasts.