Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    527 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dead Walking View Post
    I like the work you put into this post, however I think either the scene hasn't been filmed or they shot it multiple ways with multiple characters. It's possible they have a version with Abe getting it, one with Glenn getting it, and one with Daryl or Aaron getting it.
    At this point, we can only go by what we have. If they have filmed it already, it's certainly possible that multiple versions were filmed to attempt to prevent the death from leaking. However, that seems unlikely for various reasons. JDM was only on set filming for 2 days and they did film 2 versions of his speech and the POV death - one including "fuck" for the blu-ray release and a censored version. It would take time to reset the special effects for multiple versions of someone actually getting beaten to death - not to mention the expense of doing that. AMC is not known for being generous with the filming budget so I don't think they would allow that expense. Also, considering how many spoilers we got for the finale, if there was footage of the actual death anywhere, it would likely have leaked as well - even if it was multiple versions and we couldn't determine which version would be used. We basically got the entire episode before it aired so I really doubt there was any additional footage filmed. Nicotero has gone on record to say that the full scene has not been filmed yet and, considering the short amount of time that JDM was on set, I believe that is true. They will most likely reset that scene the way it was for the finale and film it using the same angles.

Likewise, I don't believe they would change the angle to that degree regardless. They're going to want the scenes to match as closely as possible so, even if they were allowed to film multiple versions, I think that would still come down to the 5 characters that Negan would be facing at a side view parallel to that car - Michonne, Abraham, Maggie, Sasha, and Aaron. That would apply whether they have filmed it already or not because it would be noticeable for the angle to change to that degree when they switch from the POV shot to showing who the victim is. Gimple and Kirkman brought up the angles they filmed at on TTD and how fans would be zaprudering the scene to try to figure it out so they are aware that people will be studying that kind of thing closely.

That's actually very common for TV shows - especially with different writers and directors for each episode. For example, the fake out death for Glenn in Thank You and the reveal that Glenn crawled under the dumpster in Heads Up were filmed separately. We have filming spoilers in that alley in Hampton from the filming for Thank You when they filmed Nicholas' death on June 5 as well as filming spoilers in that same alley on July 1 and 2 for Heads Up where they filmed Glenn actually crawling under the dumpster and the scenes with Enid. This won't be any different - and it will probably be a lot easier for them to reset the scene because it was filmed at the studio and they own that property. They can leave props in place and mark the actors' positions and filming angles - and mark the position of props if they did have to move them for some reason.

At this point, I don't think we have enough information to determine who the victim will be exactly. But I do think it will come down to those 5 characters . Nicotero has gone on record to say that the full scene has not been filmed yet and, considering the short amount of time that JDM was on set, I believe that is true. They will most likely reset that scene the way it was for the finale and film it using the same angles. We can probably rule out Maggie as well because she was already so weak from whatever is wrong with her - which is another reason we can probably rule out Daryl as well. Beating someone to death who is already weakened due to injury or illness just makes Negan look like a bully preying on those weaker than himself. That's not the statement that Negan wants to make. And neither Daryl nor Maggie would have been able to get back up after the first blow - like we see in the POV shot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nomis210 View Post
    I appreciate your work dear but I'm PRETTY sure you put more thought into this than they did.

Who knows, in the premiere Abe or whoever might not be in the line-up at all. You know how they are with continuity/editing.
    LOL They're not that bad - especially with the general set up for scenes. Glenn's fake out matched pretty well - the problem there was how it was set up with the special effects rather than screwing up the continuity. It was just too obvious that Nicholas fell on top of Glenn so there was no mystery to that at all. I expect some of the dialog could change a bit and they may change up the eeny meeny order so we see Negan going down the line, but neither of those would be huge issues for me because of the way they filmed the POV scene. There are POV gaps where we don't know who Negan was pointing at so they can make that work. I think the scene itself will be reset to match as far as the placement of the props, the positions of the actors, and such.

ETA -

I'm not saying this is absolutely correct, but at this point, it's what seems most likely to me.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    As far as I know, in the comics, Negan doesn't kill women. Maybe it will be like that in the show as well.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    "We could arrange to have you carried." AdamUpBxtch's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Level
    I honestly think they just set up the camera and shot it wherever. They're gonna be re-shooting the full scene anyways for the premiere because they gotta get back that full momentum again or the scene is gonna be underwhelming so Negan's position in the scene shot for this season where they probably never planned to set it up to hint towards a certain character, since I feel like they probably didn't decide on who was getting the bat until way after they had already shot the scene because these writers are lazy as fuck, is kind of moot imo.

Plus you never even see the RV in the background when you should AND in the premiere I'm pretty sure Negan is gonna be having his men bring the intended victim out of the line up, and up to where Negan is standing. So no matter who he picks they'll all end up in the same spot to begin with.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Level
    I like it. I wouldn't take it as conclusive evidence that it isn't any of the characters you ruled out just based on the footage, as shows and movies have moments of inconsistency all the time. So this isn't hard evidence, but it does make sense, and it still includes Abraham (who seems like the most obvious one to die to me) as a potential Lucille-victim... so it checks out logically in more ways than one for me...

I like this reasoning a lot more than a lot of the stuff people have come up with, as you've taken (potentially) two different angles of the same event and compared them. That's smart work... The leak isn't necessarily the version of the scene they'll actually use though... And they can have inconsistent angles all they want. If he ends up Lucilling Eugene, and the angles make no damn sense, we can't exactly call them up and say "Nope. I saw the angles. Take it back. You're wrong." They can do whatever they want, even if it doesn't make sense...

If this were a real life event, I'd say to you, "Yeah, you're probably right." But since it's a television show, I can't take this as actual evidence. All they have to do is fuck up the angle or have Negan stand too far one way or the other when filming the other half of the scene and this means nothing. So it makes sense, in a perfect world... but The Walking Dead is imperfect, so I still can't be sure.

Now we know that that little thing we thought could be Glenn was probably Eugene though... People think Eugene is Glenn all the time lately. A lot of us thought Eugene on the walkie talkie was Glenn too... We just wanted Glenn to be included in things more than he actually ever was...

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Level
    Aren't there cars all around them, though?

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Level
    Nice work but I'm still holding hope to my one and only ship and that is Darcille.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    527 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    I like it. I wouldn't take it as conclusive evidence that it isn't any of the characters you ruled out just based on the footage, as shows and movies have moments of inconsistency all the time. So this isn't hard evidence, but it does make sense, and it still includes Abraham (who seems like the most obvious one to die to me) as a potential Lucille-victim... so it checks out logically in more ways than one for me...

I like this reasoning a lot more than a lot of the stuff people have come up with, as you've taken (potentially) two different angles of the same event and compared them. That's smart work... The leak isn't necessarily the version of the scene they'll actually use though... And they can have inconsistent angles all they want. If he ends up Lucilling Eugene, and the angles make no damn sense, we can't exactly call them up and say "Nope. I saw the angles. Take it back. You're wrong." They can do whatever they want, even if it doesn't make sense...

If this were a real life event, I'd say to you, "Yeah, you're probably right." But since it's a television show, I can't take this as actual evidence. All they have to do is fuck up the angle or have Negan stand too far one way or the other when filming the other half of the scene and this means nothing. So it makes sense, in a perfect world... but The Walking Dead is imperfect, so I still can't be sure.

Now we know that that little thing we thought could be Glenn was probably Eugene though... People think Eugene is Glenn all the time lately. A lot of us thought Eugene on the walkie talkie was Glenn too... We just wanted Glenn to be included in things more than he actually ever was...
    Oh absolutely. We really don't have enough information right now for anything to be conclusive. I could be way off base with this speculation or they could completely change things up and just reshoot the entire scene. I believe they will try to match it up - at least in terms of the general positions of the props, actors, and the angles used for filming. But the leaked filming video is definitely a wild card because that was how they filmed the POV shot. The rest of the cast probably wasn't present for that specific shot so they may not have been concerned with the angles there at all since they were going for the POV of the victim. However, the props were in place so I still think that's going to be the general layout and angle used regardless.

I do think the eeny meeny process will be changed though. In watching again, it's not quite as random as it appears because of the way they shot it. Some of the words match up exactly with a character - eenie (Rick), meenie (Maggie), miney (Abraham), mo (Michonne) - but then there is some overlap. He's standing in front of Daryl when he says "catch" and then they show Daryl with the bat pointed at him for "a tiger" and "by" before it moves on to the next one. And at the end when he gets to "are", they jump around between all of them before switching to the POV for "it". There are several places there where they could literally show him pointing the bat at anyone and it wouldn't screw up the continuity simply because they didn't make it clear who he was pointing at several times in the finale. As mixed up as that appeared to be, I do think Negan went right down the line - starting with Rick, down to Glenn, and then back to Sasha, Aaron, Carl, and Eugene. The fact that he started with Rick and the way they jumped between the shots of Negan and the characters in the line up at odd intervals is what makes it appear more random, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMong View Post
    Aren't there cars all around them, though?
    There are several vehicles there - cars, trucks, motorcycles, the van that they were holding the hostages in, etc... That's another reason I compared the leaked footage to the scene from the show. That car matches in both - the fender/rear of the car looks the same and the position of it next to that tree matches up.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Level
    The scene hasn't been filmed and nobody knows who died (Cept Norman for some reason)

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    The scene hasn't been filmed and nobody knows who died (Cept Norman for some reason)
    AL knows

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Level
    Interesting!!

Who ever it is, I hope it gets spoiled. Screw them for making us wait and wonder.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast