Thread: Who is Strand?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level

Who is Strand?

Strand knows the ins and outs. Now, I could be completely wrong, but maybe he was a butler... or something along those lines. He knows all about this mansion and Abigail, so maybe the owners were out traveling when shit went down. Maybe I'm getting sucked up in the whole Malibu thing. My husband tried to argue and say that he is so well spoken and wearing a 5k suit, but I mention that Geoffrey from Fresh Prince was well spoken, wore expensive suits, was very witty, and knew all of the ins and outs. I'm probably wrong and he is probably taking Abigail to his very own oil rig...

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Level
    I thought he was some fom of (probably very sucessful) conman. Which is why he's so well spoken, and can easily manipulate others to his decisions (the jail guard and Nick). He's good at thinking on his feet and keeping his cool. I enjoy the mystery of the character and hope they expand on his character more this season.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Level
    A doctor, businessman, movie producer, head of a drug cartel, husband or boyfriend of whomever owned that mansion and yacht.....or, an attorney? I've mulled over many possibilities. He's certainly one mysterious fellow. He strikes me as someone who's probably discerned a lot about everyone in that group, but it might be a while before they/we learn anything concrete about him.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Level
    I've decided that the OP must be trying to be provocative by choice. Perhaps, with the aim of generating conversation and debate. So, maybe, I will be back for that later. However, the simple answer for now is that the mansion, the yacht, the suits all belong to Strand; of that we all should be certain. Now, to go to the Fresh Prince comparison. It is of interest to me that the OP cited a show about a successful African-American family, who have a butler who is also African-Am, and extracted from this that Strand was Jeffery the employee and not the employer. What does that say not about those who wrote FTWD, but rather, those viewers who failed to make the mental and societal leap into the 21st century? Strand has an edge and a mysterious side but I was thinking more entertainment executive. Ari from Entourage, perhaps? If others can't see that bc they need to expand their own entouage? Just a thought...

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    A butler or a con-man? so are those the only choices if a black male appears on screen wearing designer wear with jewels and has a yacht.. OK got it... If we're going that route we may as well throw out Drug Dealer or were we just getting warmed up?

Strand may not turn out to be what or who he appears to be but can we just once speculate without profiling? Or like bethedead has so eloquently stated perhaps you are trying to be be provocative by choice.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Level
    Try to calm down, it's obvious the OP was trolling. This can be a fun thread if we just don't feed into THAT and wind up encouraging it. Now, due to reasons that have to do with the words and actions of his character and not his race, I'm going with conman. It's in what he says and how he says it. He said he knows a buyer from a seller and could sell anything (except insurance) and I believe it. What happened with the guy who was in there with him and his interest in Nick tells me he can definitely manipulate people. On top of that, he's very intelligent, calm, even charming. He's a very intriguing character. I don't know what his official occupation was before all of this, but he definitely makes me think conman. Whether he was one or not, he would have made a very good and successful one.

No matter what he was before the ZA, he definitely seems to be one of the most interesting people during it. I wasn't all that into the show until Strand's arrival in episode 4. He's the main reason I'm excited for tonight.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Level
    @blackjack, Strand is the only reason many folks are tuning in tonight. Trolling maybe or maybe not but I'm not going to pretend it's not there. They are located in L.A. and the best manipulators are agents and those in the adult industry. There are a plethora of jobs a sharp, manipulative, industrious man could do in that line. In fact, ever been to a strip club? A man and his dollars are so easily parted....So, i vote stripper...maybe Strand's a stripper I wasn't even going to watch FTWD but if this is a remote possibility and it is bc I made it my head canon then I'm in!!!!

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Level
    When I first saw him, I gravitated toward his character. He's a suave, badass type in a suit.
    He's obviously rich, or was rich, rather and is extremely mysterious...plus has that slick secret on his side.
    Colman Domingo can sell ice to a penguin. This is the aura that Strand gives off.
    I'm in-between my guess as to whether he was a straight-forward conman or a dealer in something illegal.
    Either way, I'm glad he's here. Strand is my best friend on this show (next to Salazar)
    And Colman is a Thespian so chalk that up as a best, best friend!

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLongeWannabe View Post
    When I first saw him, I gravitated toward his character. He's a suave, badass type in a suit.
    He's obviously rich, or was rich, rather and is extremely mysterious...plus has that slick secret on his side.
    Colman Domingo can sell ice to a penguin. This is the aura that Strand gives off.
    I'm in-between my guess as to whether he was a straight-forward conman or a dealer in something illegal.
    Either way, I'm glad he's here. Strand is my best friend on this show (next to Salazar)
    And Colman is a Thespian so chalk that up as a best, best friend!

Thanks for the name of the only other interesting character, Salazer! Nick can't carry this alone and the original core family is lacking. Now, we/I have 3 characters to root for tonight. Hope that I can add Madison to that group and that Travis is the first core cast member to make it to Chris Harwick's TD couch.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by beethedead View Post
    Thanks for the name of the only other interesting character, Salazer! Nick can't carry this alone and the original core family is lacking. Now, we/I have 3 characters to root for tonight. Hope that I can add Madison to that group and that Travis is the first core cast member to make it to Chris Harwick's TD couch.
    I started to appreciate Travis when he went full out Rick on Andrews (the soldier Salazar carved up) after he shot Ofelia.
    That finally made me root for the guy.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast