Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    We could arrange to have you carried. AdamUpBxtch's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Level
    I think they are trying to trick us, by using the crashed/destroyed boat they want us to think these people are bad but that description doesn't really make it sound like they are bad people.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Level
    Probably the most interesting part of this episode for me. Of course it was kind of stupid, but at the same time, I understand her. She's just an unexperienced teenager.

It looks so obvious that those people are bad that they might actually turn out to be ok. Maybe those people aren't the ones who shot the other boat and the writers only want us to think that they are.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Level
    Alicia had good intentions, but she still has a pre ZA mentality. She's still far too trusting and gave up everything without even realizing it. The guy on the radio was definitely fishing for info and it's gonna come back to haunt the group.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Diseman81 View Post
    Alicia had good intentions, but she still has a pre ZA mentality. She's still far too trusting and gave up everything without even realizing it. The guy on the radio was definitely fishing for info and it's gonna come back to haunt the group.
    Pre-ZA, would she have wandered the mean streets of LA and ask some stranger "Do you have change for a $100 bill? That's all I have, and I need coins for the parking meter..." Suddenly she's lost every bit of her street-savvy and is telling some random person on the radio that she's on a yacht (not just a "boat") with a desalination system aboard. Why not add that "Our host has a farily nice supply of liquor, too!" while she's at it. Argh!! The stupid, it hurts.....

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Level
    My thoughts are that Alicia is a teenager, who is intellectually smart but boy dumb. Recall, she was going to leave Nick last season to go check on her boyfriend. Loyalties? She was just happy to have the attention of whoever that guy was on the other end of line. She wanted to go pick up these strangers. Would any of us do that now? I mean I like you all but not thinking I'm running across state lines for you....Not without a serious payoff (and I cant even fathom what that would be??)!! Alicia's payoff is a bf; who knows what those on the other end of the line are looking for.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Queen Rose of The Kingdom Carl's Right Eye's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Alicia's boyfriend died within the past week and now she's talking to some random guy on the radio? Dumb.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    To be honest, I found Alicia's story in this episode the most believable. I guess Chris mourning over his mother was what you expect out of the kid, but I just really don't like him and kind of wish it was him who died in the finale and we got to see Travis and Liza mend their relationship without their son, but I digress (I also apologize for the run-on). Alicia is a girl who is incredibly book-smart, Berkeley-bound, but now her world is destroyed and she has nothing left but the people she is on the boat with. The only person we've really seen her interact with other than her family of Maddy, Travis, Nick, and Chris is Ofelia -- and that was only for one scene in the middle of the first season. It's not unquestionable for this girl who also doesn't *really* know what happened to her boyfriend to want some companionship she can't find with her family/group. And the fact that jack sounds like he could be an attractive 20s-something LA hipster, I get why Alicia answered his call. Actually, the real reason why I would have fallen for Jack is the fact that he was playing David Bowie over the radio waves (no pun intended).

I don't know if Jack and his crew are the approaching boat, but the fact that he said "I'll see you soon," makes me think it definitely could be. The other meaning for "I'll see you soon," could have just been Jack referring to the idea that they're all going to die soon anyway, so he'll be seeing Alicia in that respect.

–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl's Right Eye View Post
    Alicia's boyfriend died within the past week and now she's talking to some random guy on the radio? Dumb.
    Matt got sick at the end of the pilot episode and the span of that season was close to two weeks. Alicia's clearly been missing him for this entire time, and even while talking to Jack she touches the tattoo she gave herself which is based on one of Matt's drawings. I think she's talking to Jack more so because she misses having Matt around to make her feel safe. Somehow, Jack was able to do that for her.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Queen Rose of The Kingdom Carl's Right Eye's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    To be honest, I found Alicia's story in this episode the most believable.
    It may have been the most believable BUT she told a total stranger that she was on a yacht with a desalinator and that Catalina was on the left side of the ship. For all Alicia knew, Jack could be a serial killer. That would really liven things up on this show.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl's Right Eye View Post
    It may have been the most believable BUT she told a total stranger that she was on a yacht with a desalinator and that Catalina was on the left side of the ship. For all Alicia knew, Jack could be a serial killer. That would really liven things up on this show.
    I vote for the serial killer angle, lol. Always throw in a random serial killer when zombies are not enough. I agree with you 100%. Believable, but dumb for damn sure.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    Jaywalking Loiterer ShanesAddiction's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Level
    My thoughts on Alicia's radio conversation - absolutely necessary to further the plot. Nothing more nothing less. Honestly, the entire dialog drove me nuts because I've used a CB radio before and they just don't work the way the show portrayed them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast