Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't know how it'll end up - they could be "good" or "bad" people... We won't know until we meet them... But that's all the more reason to not risk it. The Abigail is a very nice boat that a lot of people would probably kill for, so to draw more attention to them than just floating out in the open already draws in isn't a great idea.

It's the nice thing to do - to help people who seem like they need you to help them... but it's also a good way to be taken advantage of, robbed, raped, or murdered... or all of the above. Unfortunately, there are as many people with ill intentions as those with good intentions. In the real world and in the zombie world - you can't just do the right thing... Like, I don't pull over and help strangers with broken down cars or offer rides to hitchhikers - because I'm aware that a lot of people who have done that were murdered by the people they were trying to help. Doing the "right" thing leaves you and the people you care about open to being taken advantage of. Sometimes it's best to play it safe.

Alicia could easily get herself or her family killed over this. People are already rapists, thieves and murderers, without the benefit of the apocalypse to ensure they don't get prosecuted for it. The world being lawless makes helping strangers even more dangerous.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by beethedead View Post
    I vote for the serial killer angle, lol. Always throw in a random serial killer when zombies are not enough. I agree with you 100%. Believable, but dumb for damn sure.
    Haha! I never said it was an intelligent thing to do! This is still the same universe as The Walking Dead - a world where apparently no one has heard the word "zombie..."

Alicia's already done some not-so-smart things, like going back into the Trans' house in "The Dog." Granted, she wasn't aware of what was going on, thanks to Madison, another dumb move. See? Everyone's unintelligent in FTWD! Hooray!

But yeah, seriously, I agree it was "believable, yet stupid." That sounds like a title for a review of the episode. "'Monster': Believable, but stupid." (Tbh though, I enjoyed the episode.)

–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Alicia could easily get herself or her family killed over this. People are already rapists, thieves and murderers, without the benefit of the apocalypse to ensure they don't get prosecuted for it. The world being lawless makes helping strangers even more dangerous.
    Also, this.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by czareric View Post
    Haha! I never said it was an intelligent thing to do! This is still the same universe as The Walking Dead - a world where apparently no one has heard the word "zombie..."

Alicia's already done some not-so-smart things, like going back into the Trans' house in "The Dog." Granted, she wasn't aware of what was going on, thanks to Madison, another dumb move. See? Everyone's unintelligent in FTWD! Hooray!

But yeah, seriously, I agree it was "believable, yet stupid." That sounds like a title for a review of the episode. "'Monster': Believable, but stupid." (Tbh though, I enjoyed the episode.)

–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–

Also, this.
    I like it! There are so many things we could tag with that line. You thought it, so you should get it trademarked bc its going to get a lot of use on this show :)

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    I Think:

Alicia told Jack on the radio about the the desalinator, everybody on the channel can hear it and i think somebody heard it. 25W radio can reach up to 30 nautical miles (56 kilometers). They have simple and duplex mode
    so you can use it like a telephone (like Alicia did). Its easy to detect the origin of a radio triangulate the signal ( i learned it).

Jack was on the boat the found and is dead (Nick found the Yacht Log from Jack). The Pirates are now on the way (25knots ist a fast boat speed boats can go up to 80, but normally 40 to 50 knots at normal sea).

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Ouch! People really have it in for Alicia. Okay so she definitely doesn't think things through but she's a teenage girl. I'm the proud mother of a teenage girl, I also WAS one once upon a time and butterfly brain doesn't even cover it, and I was a moody, snarky one. There is so much shit going on in there it's a miracle they can even walk and talk simultaneously. So I'm inclined to cut her some slack. I get the feeling that she's being set up for a life lesson with this anyway. Sometimes screwing up is the only way you learn.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Level
    Alicia has been driving me nuts for a long time with her stupid bs- why should it stop now? Alicia is like a lot of teenage girls- book smart but life dumb. but her book smarts gives her a false sense of confidence that kids who are book dumb typically dont have in regards to their abilities and knowledge in the real world. since she gets straight A's she just assumes the solutions she comes up with are straight A solutions as well, even with those older and wiser tell her otherwise.

HOWEVER...that jack incident is the fault of whatever dumb fuck let her have the radio. you know your daughter is prone to making stupid life choices. you know she nearly got herself killed to see a boy, why do you leave her alone with a communication device when it's been made clear that NOT communicating with others is the way to go. i think that's the thing about the show that really makes me nuts. yes- in the beginning there was a lot of "where's carl?" going on in walking dead, but at least there was this assumption that he was a kid who wouldn't know what he's doing and needed to be looked after and prepared to take care of himself. Madison and travis act like their kids are 30 years old and stable- instead of the mental toddlers they actually are.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
    Ouch! People really have it in for Alicia. Okay so she definitely doesn't think things through but she's a teenage girl. I'm the proud mother of a teenage girl, I also WAS one once upon a time and butterfly brain doesn't even cover it, and I was a moody, snarky one. There is so much shit going on in there it's a miracle they can even walk and talk simultaneously. So I'm inclined to cut her some slack. I get the feeling that she's being set up for a life lesson with this anyway. Sometimes screwing up is the only way you learn.
    I actually like Alicia. When I said what she did was "stupid," I don't mean to discredit her as a person or a character, I'm just saying she's rather naive at this point. No harm in that -- she's definitely a teenager.

In regards to your last line, I thought of Alfred/Thomas Wayne in "Batman Begins" with his infamous line: "Why do we fall?"

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Level
    It's not a great move.

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Level
    I seriously hope those people on the radio are bad. It would be the reality check Alicia needs. I can't stand to see her make such idiotic decisions much longer. At least Travis can understand the importance of being obscure. Alicia just wants attention, even when the world is in jeopardy. Chris has a reason for his attention whoring, but that is bad enough as it is.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123