Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level

Alicia and The Radio - Thoughts?

Does anyone else think this was a good or bad idea? Strand seemed very upset when he found out she was talking to other survivors. And honestly from what we've seen so far, I definitely trust Strand to handle his own (whatever his agenda might be).

Obviously my first reaction was "Nooooo girl, no! Don't do it, shhhhhhh" but we've seen on TWD how different groups have affected ours, so naturally we're on the side of 'everyone for themselves.'

Do you think they were playing her? Are they good? Are they bad? Did they do that to the other ship?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Level
    By the way the voice on the other end of the radio told Alicia "I'll see you soon..."
    He kinda sound like a real slime-ball who was simply playing her.
    None the less, the synopsis of the next episode says our group seeks shelter with a group of people...so who knows?
    Maybe these people from the other side of Radio-Land were good? I don't know.
    Either way, the radio was the most interesting part of the episode.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Level
    based on the preview and apparent baiting to get her to tell her location and who she was with and if they had water i am going to say they are not good people.

No idea if they did that to the other ship - doesn't seem to be any reason to just kill a bunch of people and destroy a ship...but who knows. Maybe they boarded the ship and took all the supplies then destroyed everything and everyone?

I thought it funny though how she was like 'i didn't tell them anything important'. HAHA nope just where you are, and probably everyone who was on the ship since Jack told her who "he was with" and just about everything else she told him concerning it.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    It was completely idiotic but made sense for a scared teenager to do so it didn't bother me. It is very obvious that with what radio voice said that the writers want us to think they are bad. That's where I'm leaning but they could throw a swerve.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    At first I didn't but the more he talked I thought oh my he is setting her up

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranna156 View Post
    based on the preview and apparent baiting to get her to tell her location and who she was with and if they had water i am going to say they are not good people.

No idea if they did that to the other ship - doesn't seem to be any reason to just kill a bunch of people and destroy a ship...but who knows. Maybe they boarded the ship and took all the supplies then destroyed everything and everyone?

I thought it funny though how she was like 'i didn't tell them anything important'. HAHA nope just where you are, and probably everyone who was on the ship since Jack told her who "he was with" and just about everything else she told him concerning it.

I know right!! Haha I actually laughed at that "Nothing important.... Just our location, ages, number of people, supplies... you know, the usual"

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by HateForTheMasses View Post
    It was completely idiotic but made sense for a scared teenager to do so it didn't bother me. It is very obvious that with what radio voice said that the writers want us to think they are bad. That's where I'm leaning but they could throw a swerve.
    That would be some swerve. One scene you hear a panicked voice about their boat taking on water then the next scene is him calmly saying 'don't worry Alicia i will see you soon'. Definitely wouldn't put it past them though to throw a curve ball like that.

I wonder who she was talking to in the preview when she said 'just don't hurt my family'. Was it Jack or Strand? They definitely made you think it was Jack but I could see it playing out that it is Strand and maybe Jack and company aren't really bad.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Level
    Alicia is an idiot. She probably doesn't even realize how much information she gave the anonymous voice on the other end of the radio. And she's supposed to be smart? She fell, hook line and sinker, for the poor guy who just lost his girlfriend... awwwwwwwww. What a (made-up) tragic story. But teens ARE stupid when it comes to stuff like this. I also blame her parents, who should be monitoring her a bit more. Especially during the za. I know Nick is Maddy's fav, but really! You had her, so parent her a bit!

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I suppose Alicia was so desperate for human interaction that she fooled herself into thinking Jack was a good person. Wouldn't you do the same If you were her?

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Level
    I wanted Strand to take that radio from her the moment he found out!!

What bothered me the most is that "Jack" declined to tell her where his boat was. Doesn't that seem more than a little strange if your boat is taking on water!? Right. That was not a typical S.O.S. exchange. And I could be wrong, but wasn't he the one playing music at the outset. How interesting, if your boat is in distress. And yes, Alicia is an innocent in the ZA world, so her yakking it up with a guy she didn't know seemed like what a teen without Facebook, etc., would probably do.

I was creeped out when he started talking about putting out buckets to get rainwater and I literally screamed at the TV when Alicia volunteered that they have a water filtration system. BINGO! Now I can't wait to see how this plays out.

ETA: I got Dave and Tony vibes from the way the conversation was going. The pleasantries. The "we don't have much, how about you" tone. But everybody knows Rick saw to it that Dave and Tony never made it to Nebraska.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast