Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level

Will Morgan 'Feel' It?

"It happened. You did it. You feel it, I know you do. It’s a part of you now." -Tyreese, The Grove, Season 4

Morgan explained to Rick in East that everything is a 'circle'; that certain actions, while maybe dubious, can create positive end-results.

Do you think that in Season 7 (now that he has accepted that it was necessary to kill), that Morgan may realize how many deaths he's indirectly caused through his refusal to kill? His own 'circle' idea can be applied to a chain of events:
    -lets 5 Wolves survive
    -those Wolves shoot up the RV
    -the RV can't divert the herd from Alexandria
    -the herd breaks in
    -Jessie, Sam, Ron, and Deanna are killed, and Carl is injured permanently

If Morgan can twist what happened and somehow claim he was responsible for Carl surviving the gunshot, will he figure out that he is the reason that all of that happened anyways? Will Morgan really 'feel' his responsibility for what happened, similar to how Carol has begun to feel her impact on others? Or will they just move on, and not address the glaring error of his judgment?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    609 Post(s)
    Level
    Nope Morgan won't be feeling anything because he is aggorant dick who thinks he is yoda. So he won't be admitting to being indirectly responsible for the deaths of many many characters. he thinks he is right and everyone else is wrong. So I fully expect to see the same preachy in your face dickstick in season 7 stalking Carol and telling her she is wrong and still preaching that "all life is precious "

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    Eh it will probably be skipped over like Carl's and everyone else's development.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    Probably not, but I know where I'd like to stick his bo-staff. 😊

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    527 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossCrusader View Post
    "It happened. You did it. You feel it, I know you do. Its a part of you now." -Tyreese, The Grove, Season 4

Morgan explained to Rick in East that everything is a 'circle'; that certain actions, while maybe dubious, can create positive end-results.

Do you think that in Season 7 (now that he has accepted that it was necessary to kill), that Morgan may realize how many deaths he's indirectly caused through his refusal to kill? His own 'circle' idea can be applied to a chain of events:
    -lets 5 Wolves survive
    -those Wolves shoot up the RV
    -the RV can't divert the herd from Alexandria
    -the herd breaks in
    -Jessie, Sam, Ron, and Deanna are killed, and Carl is injured permanently

If Morgan can twist what happened and somehow claim he was responsible for Carl surviving the gunshot, will he figure out that he is the reason that all of that happened anyways? Will Morgan really 'feel' his responsibility for what happened, similar to how Carol has begun to feel her impact on others? Or will they just move on, and not address the glaring error of his judgment?
    He already feels it. He knows that circle can have both positive and negative results. Morgan also told Rick that there is no right anymore. There is only the wrong that doesn't pull you down. He knows that letting those wolves go resulted in them attacking Rick - and Rick had to kill them. Rick told him what happened. He also knows that Rick choosing not to kill him back in Kings County led to the deaths of a lot of innocent people because he continued to kill indiscriminately after Rick left him. Just as he knows that also put him on the path where he was able to change and ended up in the right place at the right time to save Daryl and Aaron. It is a circle and everything gets a return. Sometimes that's a good thing - sometimes it's bad. But the future is not set in stone and you can't always predict what the end result of each choice will be. Rick tried to do that with the saviors, but attacking that outpost didn't end things like he convinced himself it would - all he did was start a war with a group he knew nothing about.

Morgan also knows that's not what caused the herd to get into ASZ and he's certainly not responsible for Deanna and the Anderson's deaths - I mean, really, that is probably the most ridiculous argument people make up about Morgan. Rick's plan was never going to work because he was trying to do that alone. Driving off in the RV might have lured some of those walkers to follow him, but without more people directing with flares and such - like they did with the full herd to begin with - the majority of them were still going to head towards ASZ. That was over 20,000 walkers. One man with one vehicle wasn't going to lure all 20,000 walkers away alone. Making things up does not lead to productive discussion. Are we going to blame Glenn because he wasn't able to start a fire to distract some of them - or Nicholas for killing himself and putting Glenn's life in danger? Michonne and Heath weren't able to distract the herd either - do we blame them? Or Rick himself - running straight to ASZ with the herd on his heels. Maybe if he'd run in a different direction and tried to find shelter elsewhere, the herd wouldn't have gotten to ASZ so do we blame him? Of course not. All of those arguments are ridiculous because 1 person is not responsible for any of that.

Morgan hasn't quite found his balance yet - though he is getting there. He didn't have a choice but to kill that savior attacking Carol - he was too far away to do anything but shoot him. But he is still right that it is not always necessary to kill. Morgan and Carol both have to find the balance between those two extremes so they can understand that sometimes you have to kill and sometimes you don't. Part of it for Morgan was that he was afraid of himself - he didn't want to sink back into that abyss where he was killing indiscriminately without cause. His own advice to Carol is what will help him understand that being forced to kill to defend himself - or others - won't cause him to fall over that edge again because he has people around him now. When that happened to him before, he was completely alone and isolated. Killing that man to save Carol didn't cause him to regress because he did it to save Carol - and he had to focus on getting her the help she needs for her wounds. That's what will help Morgan more than anything I think - knowing he was able to keep his head together and help Carol in spite of his inner rage leaking though when he killed that man will help him accept that there are times when you have to kill. And those people from the Kingdom helping them will help Carol accept that there are still good people in the world and you don't always have to kill.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Jaywalking Loiterer ShanesAddiction's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ƊҽαɗłƴƝίɠɦƚʂɦαɗҽ View Post
    Eh it will probably be skipped over like Carl's and everyone else's development.
    Agreed.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by whitestar1 View Post
    Nope Morgan won't be feeling anything because he is aggorant dick who thinks he is yoda. So he won't be admitting to being indirectly responsible for the deaths of many many characters. he thinks he is right and everyone else is wrong. So I fully expect to see the same preachy in your face dickstick in season 7 stalking Carol and telling her she is wrong and still preaching that "all life is precious "

I don't know why but this had my dying!

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    This is actually an interesting question. Normally if I see anything involving Morgan's name I either mock the thread or just ignore it. But he actually looked like he might have become realistic in his outlook in the finale. I hope for the sake of making him an interesting character again that the writers explore this angle of him "feeling" what he may have caused while on his journey towards personal salvation. He doesn't NEED to kill, like some of the other members of TF feel they do. But he SHOULD be able to kill when he has to. This is a harsh ass world our survivors live in. I never fully understood how someone could live by his new morals for as long as he did. I might try, but after a week I'd be like: "Fuck these people, someone's dying" lol. And while I do understand why the writers tried to take a different approach with his character than what we've seen from everyone else; It just felt forced after a while. And Morgan got REALLY annoying. But once again, it's almost a waste of time to speculate. We speculated the shit out of everything for season 6. Starting with filming spoilers until the finale aired. And how much of it went the way we wanted it to, or thought it would? Obviously not much.

Btw, he shouldn't be too sad about the deaths of Jessie, Ron and Sam. If his actions did cause their deaths, maybe I should like him more than I currently do, lol.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Level
    @meesha1971, just an excellent post, imo! I have made some of those same points about Morgan although far less eloquent or well written! We have only seen Morgan in a state of emotional flux. S1 he was confused and heartbroken and not really able to move forward. He was emotionally, and therefore, physically stuck. He couldn't put an end to Jenny and staying put both he and Dwayne in jeopardy. In "Clear" Morgan was enraged, with himself and the world. He killed everyone and everything that crossed his path not because he was strong but because he thought himself weak. He was surely surviving but still purposeless and lost. Eastman redirected and counteracted the self hate by teaching Morgan that there is a purpose to everyone and every experience. The problem with Morgan is that he only exists on the extremes. Life is lived in the gray zone, imo, and that is where one finds the balance. I agree that he is moving towards balance but he is not there, yet!

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    628 Post(s)
    Level
    I highly doubt it. He is behaving like an arrogant, domineering scumbag..he won't feel anything. I wish he would though. This Morgan is so OOC. They should've just kept him gone if this is the plan they had for his character

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast