Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level

Why Aren't More People Angry at RK Instead of SG

I see so many posts expressing anger at SG over the season finale, but didn't RK write it? So...why aren't more people angry with him instead. Not only that, but SG seems to be working closer with him than previous show runners so if he had put his foot down I feel like SG would have probably listened. I'm actually way more pissed off at RK. I'm wondering if anyone else feels the same way. Didn't he also write the mid-season finale? Which also ended in a stupid cliffhanger...or was that the premier?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Level
    Kirkman didn't write it. And frankly, it doesn't matter who wrote the finale. Could've been anybody. AMC fucked us over with the cliffhanger.

People are mad at Gimple for the season though.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    The Gimp is just easier to make fun of?

Maybe this will help: Kirkman is a fat, money grubbing, little troll who sold his story out long ago just to make the profits Nomis' sig pic shows he's made. See that face he's making in it? He knows he fucked up. But the awkward smile and the thumbs up say "Hey, I'm a millionaire and you're not. Sorry I'm a sell out. But, whatever dude! Where's my Ferrari and slave girl who feeds me grapes?"

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm mad at them both. They are both awful. It really sucks that Kirkman thought up a really interesting idea but can't handle writing it well. And it sucks that Gimple has so much control over the writing of the show and can't handle translating even the good parts of the comics onto the show. The way I see it, The Walking Dead is an awesome idea, but everyone working on turning it into an actual story just really suck at it... They have all the tools they need to make a great story. They just aren't capable of doing it. It's like giving a four year old paint and a canvas and saying, "People are able to make masterpieces out of this stuff all the time. Do it, child! Make a masterpiece!!" They just can't. They're too stupid.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    I heard that Kirkman wrote the finale too, but I haven't looked into it beyond that. When Kirkman and Gimple sat on the couch on The Talking Dead, they both looked smug and expected kudos. It's fair to take them both to task. People willing to take the credit for something also need to take the blame.

The comic lost a lot of readers after Glenn's death. Kirkman may have meddled with the finale--messed it up, in my opinion--in order to prevent a similar drop-off from happening with the show. I suspect the cliffhanger probably *is* Kirkman's handiwork, but they're all guilty now lol.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick Norris View Post
    I heard that Kirkman wrote the finale too, but I haven't looked into it beyond that. When Kirkman and Gimple sat on the couch on The Talking Dead, they both looked smug and expected kudos. It's fair to take them both to task. People willing to take the credit for something also need to take the blame.

The comic lost a lot of readers after Glenn's death. Kirkman may have meddled with the finale--messed it up, in my opinion--in order to prevent a similar drop-off from happening with the show. I suspect the cliffhanger probably *is* Kirkman's handiwork, but they're all guilty now lol.
    The comic lost a lot of readers after Glenn's death.

Where they get this idea?

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Kirkman sold out a long time ago, that was pretty much a given for anyone other than the GA. Gimple started out promisingly and then descended into the crap that was Season 6. So there is a sense of betrayal and of having lost his way. They are both to blame, but when you raise people's expectations just to dash them they tend to get a little "tetchy".

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    Gimple fucked us over with the cliffhanger. The showrunner okays and denies what the writers bring to the table and he fucked us over by Green lighting all the bullshit that happened. Rk is just a fucking sellout.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    Have you ever went to a restaurant and they got your order wrong like three times in a row? You don't March up to the counter and start raising hell with the cashier. You ask to speak to the manager. Gimple is the highest ranking face that we can put on this catastrophe. It's only natural that he gets most of the heat. When it comes to the tv show his salary is probably a good bit higher than Kirkmans, too. We can blame AMC, but AMC doesn't really have a face we can chew on. Yep. It's going to be Gimple.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level
    Kirkman has very little power behind the scenes. He's probably happy to just be in the writers room but knows if he ever threw a fit he'd be canned as quickly as Darabont and Mazzara. If it was up to Kirkman it wouldn't have been a cliffhanger and I know that for a fact. It wasn't in the comics. If Kirkman was in charge a lot more people would be dead too.

The only thing you can get angry at Kirkman for is being a sellout and being the reason AMC has the show in the first place but at the same time nobody knew what the fuck was going to happen back then. S1 and S2 are masterpieces.

Gimple is the showrunner. He (and AMC) makes those calls and it's not a direct adaption.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast