Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    I think rick is starting to lose his humanity. But after what has happened to him i could see that happening to him even out of the za. What he did with tyreese the way he treated michonne he doesnt want those chamces and learned the hard way. I wouldn include carl. Cause he saved tyreeses group. Michonne cause she had the heart to bring that formula to the prison. I think rick is losing it the most. But i wouldnt include everyone in the prison group. Whats left of there humanity is a balance for the group

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Yes, I think they are losing their humanity. But, in a hardened world I think it is expected that humanity will fizzle away. I do think Rick is losing his quicker than anyone else, he's their leader and he's lost a lot.

Also, what trailer does it show them driving past him and then returning to take his backpack? I've seen the one where they drive by him but not them returning. Should that be behind a spoiler tag?

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Level
    It is disturbing to me as a person living in a "safe", non-ZA world. But, had I spent the past year fighting for and protecting my life and the lives of others I love, I may not see it as disturbing at all. Ethics and morals become very subjective in the world of TWD.

Besides, didn't your parents ever tell you not to stop for hitch hikers? ;)

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Sitting here with a nice hot cup of Joe, roof over my head, loved ones safe and sound, yea it kinda is disturbing that they not to stop to at least feel the guy out and then take his back pack that was left on the road knowing what happened to him. But in a ZA, if I were going thru what Rick has been going thru I would at all costs protect my loved ones and think of them first. I would be highly suspicious of others and probably would have a difficult time allowing anyone into my group. The bad part is how to find a way to avoid the (Randal's, Andrew's) and keep the (Tyreese's).

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by dc4340 View Post
    The whole situation brings to mind this old adage; "it is better that 10 guilty men go free, than for one innocent man to be convicted", or words to that effect. Did this guy die because Rick automatically assumed his "guilt"? Or, as Dead Walking points out, did he forfeit a possible asset because of paranoia? I can't truthfully say what I would have done--- it's just a really difficult situation to be in. I guess that's why I want to know what others think.
    I'll hit you with one that my cop friend said is rampant in the police force.

"It's better to be judged by 8 than carried out in a box by 6."

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Not that anyone has done this just yet, but it can happen, due to the topic at hand...This is the spoiler free area for show discussion. Please tag any spoilers as the show has not aired yet. Once the show has aired, you can discuss the scenes more freely.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Level
    I would've at least talked to him...

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    You bring up a good point. However, I have to wonder are they losing their humanity or redefining it completely. So far they've witnessed that the living is more dangerous than the walkers at this point. When they tried to help others this season (ie: the full group of prisoners) Rick was almost killed by Tomas. Not to mention Rick's run in with the guys in the bar during season 2. Michonne has seen the likes of The Governor (and I'm sure more horrendous acts by the living). They've experienced that nothing can be taken to face value anymore. Sure they could have stopped for the guy, but what if he was bait for some trap?

I wouldn't say they've lost it entirely. I would say that they are really redefining the world as it is. In our present day, people don't stop for hitchhikers. They know it's dangerous. And in this new world to Rick, Carl, and Michonne, it's probably doubly dangerous. Considering what's been happening.

Spoiler Spoiler:

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    hey, at least they didn't run him down and steal his backpack, they let him be

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by walkingdeader View Post
    hey, at least they didn't run him down and steal his backpack, they let him be
    good point! if they had lost all humanity they would've def taken him out

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast