Forgot your username?

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
  1. Back To Top    #161
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia Dixon View Post
    Oh please don't give the sex mints to Negan. Well I guess it would be better than Carl getting his hands on the sex mints.
    Carl doesn't need 'em. He's got roller skates.

2. Back To Top    #162
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1741 Post(s)
    Level
    I forgot about the skates.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Dixon View Post
    Carl doesn't need 'em. He's got roller skates.

3. Back To Top    #163
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    For me, the slut and whore accusations bother me because aside from the double standard with Shane, the fact that Lori was having sex with Shane is not as serious as if she had become deeply emotionally involved with him or fallen in love with him. The fact that she hadn't was all too evident in the way that she immediately cut him dead on Rick's return.
    If she had continued to sleep with them both I could almost understand it, but it tells me more about other people's difficulties in how they view sexual relationships inside and outside of a marriage. I think it's more possible for a marriage to survive an instance of sexual infidelity than it would be if one partner formed a strong emotional bond with someone else outside of the marriage. But the sex part seems to be the thing that bothers other people the most.
    My problems with Lori are with how she treated and manipulated Shane after he found out she was pregnant, and how she used and manipulated him in relation to Carl. Also the way she manipulated Rick in relation to Shane after Shane started to become a problem for her. These are all far more valid reasons to find her an unpalatable character, yet they still don't make me hate her. Sometimes people get themselves into a mess of their own making and just make things worse for themselves and those around them when they try to get out of it.
    That, to me, is Lori. She let doubts and resentments fester and grow, when she could have just been brave from the start and dealt with the consequences head on.

4. Back To Top    #164
    Status
    In the dining room hiding Richonne's sex mints
    Threads
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by John Dixon View Post
    All very good points. But you forgot one very, major thing here:

Michonne is NO match for those babies. Rick knew she was getting her way a little too often lately so he had to whip out his secret weapon. Everyone has an Achilles Heel. Even Michonne.

Am I the only one wondering if Negan took these bad boys to grow his harem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia Dixon View Post
    Oh please don't give the sex mints to Negan. Well I guess it would be better than Carl getting his hands on the sex mints.

Bahahahaha!!! Aww, the good, old sex mints jokes...

Well about Negan, its too late. The sex mints already belong to him. Poor Rick is screwed, serves him right!

5. Back To Top    #165
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonata View Post
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ehPjBIO0zk8QU/giphy.gif

Bahahahaha!!! Aww, the good, old sex mints jokes...

Well about Negan, its too late. The sex mints already belong to him. Poor Rick is screwed, serves him right!

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/161027/9bj8g7tj.jpg
    Hahahaha! On top of losing his mints, it looks like Ricks backside might be meeting Lucille as well. Bad week for poor Rick.

6. Back To Top    #166
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
    For me, the slut and whore accusations bother me because aside from the double standard with Shane, the fact that Lori was having sex with Shane is not as serious as if she had become deeply emotionally involved with him or fallen in love with him. The fact that she hadn't was all too evident in the way that she immediately cut him dead on Rick's return.
    If she had continued to sleep with them both I could almost understand it, but it tells me more about other people's difficulties in how they view sexual relationships inside and outside of a marriage. I think it's more possible for a marriage to survive an instance of sexual infidelity than it would be if one partner formed a strong emotional bond with someone else outside of the marriage. But the sex part seems to be the thing that bothers other people the most.
    My problems with Lori are with how she treated and manipulated Shane after he found out she was pregnant, and how she used and manipulated him in relation to Carl. Also the way she manipulated Rick in relation to Shane after Shane started to become a problem for her. These are all far more valid reasons to find her an unpalatable character, yet they still don't make me hate her. Sometimes people get themselves into a mess of their own making and just make things worse for themselves and those around them when they try to get out of it.
    That, to me, is Lori. She let doubts and resentments fester and grow, when she could have just been brave from the start and dealt with the consequences head on.
    A big fat BRAVO to you @Nimbus for saying what I think so many of us really understand, and believe. There can be many reasons to have a sexual relationship, but death of a partner, feeling isolated and insecure had a great deal to do with Lori's actions. I still believe she had a pre-existing attraction to Shane, but never acted on it until she thought Rick had died. Views of sex in general are in large part dictated to us from childhood, and are one-sided to benefit another's point of view. Thanks.

7. Back To Top    #167
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Level
    Oddly enough, I watched some of season 2 the other day and thought of this thread. I'm glad that Whori died in childbirth.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617