Forgot your username?

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia Dixon View Post
    I will pull your hair if you pull mine. Will that help?
    No. Lol.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1741 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by John Dixon View Post
    No. Lol.
    Lol

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Feelin' Groovy View Post
    Wow, a Michonne vs. Lori thread?? This hiatus is only a couple of weeks in...who knew the boredom was that bad already, lol!

Actually, as one of the "mega Richonne shippers" that the OP references, I feel compelled to point out that it's clear the issue is not about people thinking Michonne can "do no wrong" ~ it's that some continue to imply that she can do nothing right, and doesn't deserve to be a part of TF, let alone being Rick's significant other.

Richonners have been too busy celebrating our ship going canon. The dislike of Lori, though, is not limited to Richonners (or any particular group) and I don't think it's fair to resurrect this subject as though supporters of Rick with Michonne are automatically against Lori. She will always be Carl and Judith's mother and Michonne respects motherhood...

I also don't think it's fair to blame Michonne for Andre's death. Hindsight is 20/20, and if BOTH Lori and Michonne knew way back when, what they later discovered, I'm sure BOTH would have done things differently.

Btw, I notice that you and I have a Lori badge in common. I've had mine for a while...even before Richonne went canon. I wouldn't have bothered with it, had I hated Lori...

Christ...here we go. Just asked a simple question. I was the one to ask if she deserved to be in TF, because of the fact that that her finger was on the trigger when she stabbed Ron in the back, which caused him to reflex his finger and shoot Carl. the old Rick would have kicked her off the island. (wrong show?)

I was comparing the two...Lori wasn't always the best at keeping her eye on Carl, and Michonne left Andre in the care of two drug addicts.

Just like SOME of the ultra-Richonne shippers, especially on another forum, I asked what the response would be if Rick flopped on the couch, exhausted after a long day, to have Lori come by and kicked his leg and say "move." That was my question, not trying to start a fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Simone View Post
    What I notice is the misogyny underlying the OP's comment. The two women are pitted against each other, while their male partners get a complete pass. Rick should have kept a closer eye on Carl when he was wandering around the farm. Mike should have not fallen into despair and gotten high instead of taking care of his son. What is the point of having a spouse/partner if they have no responsibility for caring for their children? Both women might as well be single parents at this rate.

The second anti-Michonne post from the OP. She hates Michonne and Richonne so much, but keeps posting about them. I notice people do this a lot in this forum.

I'm a woman. I was not "giving their male counterparts a pass. I was asking a question. So many people hate everything Lori ever did. That's why I asked what people's reaction would be if Lori kicked Rick's hand and said "move." That's it. I'm not "misogynistic" (don't get me started on social justice or third wave feminist stuff.) Simple question.

Yes.
    So?
    And?

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkerBaby View Post
    Lots of people, especially the Richonne mega-shippers, hate Lori. They say she's a bad mom with Carl, but don't realize Michonne left her toddler with two guys who were high.

What do you think people would have said if Rick came home from the long, Three Stooges type day in 610 and flopped on the couch to rest, then Lori comes by and kicks his arm and says "move?"

It seems like lots of people think Michonne can do no wrong.
    I'm a Richonne shipper (not sure what you mean by mega) and I actually liked Lori and hated how she was written. Both are good moms who tried to raise their child in horrible circumstances.

As for your second comment, if Lori came by and kicked Rick's arm after he flopped on the couch and said "move" as in move over which is what Michonne meant and what Rick did, I would think these are two people who have a deep understanding of the other, have a mature and deep love for one another and a comment like "move" will be taken as its meant - stop hogging the couch, move over so we can chat! I think it's amazing that Michonne and Rick have built their relationship to this level where they read and understand the others cues without question or misunderstandings.

- - - Updated - - -

Lots of people, especially the Richonne mega-shippers, hate Lori. They say she's a bad mom with Carl, but don't realize Michonne left her toddler with two guys who were high.

What do you think people would have said if Rick came home from the long, Three Stooges type day in 610 and flopped on the couch to rest, then Lori comes by and kicks his arm and says "move?"

It seems like lots of people think Michonne can do no wrong.
    I'm a Richonne shipper (not sure what you mean by mega) and I actually liked Lori and hated how she was written. Both are good moms who tried to raise their child in horrible circumstances.

As for your second comment, if Lori came by and kicked Rick's arm after he flopped on the couch and said "move" as in move over which is what Michonne meant and what Rick did, I would think these are two people who have a deep understanding of the other, have a mature and deep love for one another and a comment like "move" will be taken as its meant - stop hogging the couch, move over so we can chat! I think it's amazing that Michonne and Rick have built their relationship to this level where they read and understand the others cues without question or misunderstandings.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Level
    Lori hate has been prevalent for a lot longer than Michonne or Richonne has been around and I myself have not seen any current Richonners on this forum hype up the Lori hate or try to compare Lori and Michonne. I have only seen Richonne haters accuse us of doing this.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Level
    Who cares anymore Lori is dead and Richonne is canon deal or get therapy but move the fuck on and stop trying to incite a fight. I am proud that almost all female posters haven't yet taken the bait. But, who knows what will come with boredom. Hold on I'm sure some one will bite.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by beethedead View Post
    Who cares anymore Lori is dead and Richonne is canon deal or get therapy but move the fuck on and stop trying to incite a fight. I am proud that almost all female posters haven't yet taken the bait. But, who knows what will come with boredom. Hold on I'm sure some one will bite.

It wasn't a question to bait anyone or incite a fight. It was a simple question as to what Richonne shippers would say if Lori kicked Rick's arm and said "move."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caribbeanqueen11 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

When I expressed the simple fact that I don't like Richonne I've been called every name in the book...by people who don't realize that it's a fictional character. I got death threats on Twitter. I'm not anyone famous, just a regular fan, who threw in my two cents. I said I didn't like Richonne, and all hell broke loose.

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Level
    It wasn't a question to bait anyone or incite a fight. It was a simple question as to what Richonne shippers would say if Lori kicked Rick's arm and said "move."

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Level
    @WalkerBaby, thanks for the quote but no thanks, I don't want to play this game. I'm still too happy about Richonne going canon. Hey, @Nomis210 couldn't have said it better myself.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1741 Post(s)
    Level

- - - Updated - - -

When I expressed the simple fact that I don't like Richonne I've been called every name in the book...by people who don't realize that it's a fictional character. I got death threats on Twitter. I'm not anyone famous, just a regular fan, who threw in my two cents. I said I didn't like Richonne, and all hell broke loose.
    I learned fast not to say you didn't like Richonne. It will get ugly.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast