Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Level

Michonne Vs. Lori Hate

Lots of people, especially the Richonne mega-shippers, hate Lori. They say she's a bad mom with Carl, but don't realize Michonne left her toddler with two guys who were high.

What do you think people would have said if Rick came home from the long, Three Stooges type day in 610 and flopped on the couch to rest, then Lori comes by and kicks his arm and says "move?"

It seems like lots of people think Michonne can do no wrong.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    OMG, Michonne knocked Rick on the leg and told him to move so they could sit together and talk about their day! There is no greater sin on TWD!!! It isn't that Michonne can do not wrong, rather she hasn't made any bigger mistakes than any other character, certainly nothing that earns her intense hatred of the few.

I actually empathized with Lori as Mazarra and Darabont wrote her as a plot device to pit Rick and Shane against each other. I didn't think that she was a bad mother. Carl was a child growing up in a dangerous nihilistic world. I don't think any parent could be prepared for it. Lori did the best she could and had a tragic death with her husband estranged and not knowing what would happen to her children after her death. At least, she knew that Rick would do everything that he could to protect them.

As for Michonne, she was out looking for food to feed her child, expecting his father to be responsible and keep him safe isn't a lot to ask. She was being a good mother. Women are not to blame for men not living up to their responsibilities, men are.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Simone View Post
    OMG, Michonne knocked Rick on the leg and told him to move so they could sit together and talk about their day! There is no greatest sin on TWD!!! It isn't that Michonne can do not wrong, rather she hasn't made any bigger mistakes than any other character, certainly nothing that earns her intense hatred of the few.

I actually empathized with Lori as Mazarra and Darabont wrote her as a plot device to pit Rick and Shane against each other. I didn't think that she was a bad mother. Carl was a child growing up in a dangerous nihilistic world. I don't think any parent could be prepared for it. Lori did the best she could and had a tragic death with her husband estranged and not knowing what would happen to her children after her death. At least, she knew that Rick would do everything that he could to protect them.

As for Michonne, she was out looking for food to feed her child, expecting his father to be responsible and keep him safe isn't a lot to ask. She was being a good mother. Women are not to blame for men not living up to their responsibilities, men are.

Just like every other member of TF Michonne is not perfect and she should not be held to higher standards. I have never hated Lori and feel that she did the best she could (just like everyone else) considering the circumstances of living in a ZA.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Level

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Level
    Welp this thread is going to be a mess

keep doing the good work sis by pitting women against women! Not like we don't have to deal with it really life amirite?

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Level
    Wow, a Michonne vs. Lori thread?? This hiatus is only a couple of weeks in...who knew the boredom was that bad already, lol!

Actually, as one of the "mega Richonne shippers" that the OP references, I feel compelled to point out that it's clear the issue is not about people thinking Michonne can "do no wrong" ~ it's that some continue to imply that she can do nothing right, and doesn't deserve to be a part of TF, let alone being Rick's significant other.

Richonners have been too busy celebrating our ship going canon. The dislike of Lori, though, is not limited to Richonners (or any particular group) and I don't think it's fair to resurrect this subject as though supporters of Rick with Michonne are automatically against Lori. She will always be Carl and Judith's mother and Michonne respects motherhood...

I also don't think it's fair to blame Michonne for Andre's death. Hindsight is 20/20, and if BOTH Lori and Michonne knew way back when, what they later discovered, I'm sure BOTH would have done things differently.

Btw, I notice that you and I have a Lori badge in common. I've had mine for a while...even before Richonne went canon. I wouldn't have bothered with it, had I hated Lori...

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Level

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1741 Post(s)
    Level
    I liked Lori. She did the best she could with Carl. Rick was always leaving so she had to do most of it by herself. She was not perfect but i found her very interesting. Michonne not so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Lori was not a bad mother. Michonne was not a bad mother and Carol was not a bad mother.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    I was expecting more from this. Where's all the hair pulling, slapping and screaming? Lol.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Dixon View Post
    I was expecting more from this. Where's all the hair pulling, slapping and screaming? Lol.
    Not a clue...wait.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast