Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Preacher

1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Level
    Freaking loved it!!!! Cassidy is beyond hilarious. Tulip is my new hero. Yeah totally agree it was different than the first issue. I don't care how off book they go as long as I get The Saint of Killers. And

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Level
    Really enjoyed the first episode actually. Had fairly good expectations for it and it did exceed them a bit. I haven't read the comics either, but from what I've heard even though it isn't exactly following the story I feel like it still has the right vibe and tone about it. I just see people complaining way too much when things are not exactly what they are in the comics. I understand it to an extent, but just too much whining going on about it when it appears their version still seems to be pretty well done so far. I really like our main cast so far. Dominic Cooper is good and I feel like he is able to portray the layers to Jesse well now and probably even more so later on., Joseph Gilgun brings a different energy as Cassidy who may end up being a favorite of mine (the fact that he is a fun bad ass vampire appeals to me a good amount as you guys should know), and Ruth Negga's "Tulip" may have actually been the highlight of the episode. She is really fun and complex, and I am interested in the history between her and Jesse. Of course I am confused about the general story and where it's going, but that may not be a bad thing in the long run. Sucks that we have to wait a couple weeks just to see the second episode, but I will be watching more! Here's my video review for anyone interested...

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Level
    It was a great pilot episode. Funny, action packed, mysterious, and different.

It was confusing like most people said, but I think that's what makes interesting. I like that there was a lot of WTF moments, it makes the audience want more. I have a feeling the next episode will address most of these moments otherwise I think they'll start to lose people.

I'm really excited for this series and I'm pretty sure that this will become AMC's new big hit series since TWD seems to be on a slow decline in popularity.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    True Happiness Begins Within Lilac Fields's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    I really enjoyed the first episode. I didn't find it confusing but understand how others might of. The episode had a lot going on. Ruth, Dominic and Joe nailed their performances. For me Cassidy and Tulip's intro both stole the show. Sadly the next episode won't be until next week but I think it will be worth the wait.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Level
    Ok, I watched it a second time and I love this show!! It shocked me, creeped me out and made me laugh out loud "Tom Cruise Exploded"!

The first time I watched it I was a bit sleepy and figured I was confused because of that. Now I see that wasn't necessarily the case. I hadn't read the comics, so some things weren't clear to me. Having seen it twice, I'm fully onboard!

I love Tulip and Jesse. I'm very interested in how they know each other.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Feelin' Groovy View Post
    Ok, I watched it a second time and I love this show!! It shocked me, creeped me out and made me laugh out loud "Tom Cruise Exploded"!

The first time I watched it I was a bit sleepy and figured I was confused because of that. Now I see that wasn't necessarily the case. I hadn't read the comics, so some things weren't clear to me. Having seen it twice, I'm fully onboard!

I love Tulip and Jesse. I'm very interested in how they know each other.
    I rewatched it too. And watched Talking Preacher afterward.
    I love the characters of Tulip, Cassidy, and Jesse. They are hilarious and well acted. I'm really looking forward to seeing the next episode. :)

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    Definitely a new guilty pleasure of mine.

I'm getting desperate ever since Banshee ended. My TV life is void and empty.

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    Joe Gilgun is my favorite he and Dominic steal the show to me.

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Level
    Great episode last night!! Tulip steals every scene she's in IMO and I loved the scene in the church with Cassidy and the Angels.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1741 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Diseman81 View Post
    Great episode last night!! Tulip steals every scene she's in IMO and I loved the scene in the church with Cassidy and the Angels.
    Tulip rocks. And Cassidy chasing the chainsaw with the arm attached was awesome.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast