Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by hoogie View Post
    I think they're going to have to go back to the older style narratives from previous games. This year's game isn't selling nearly as well as the others.

Hopefully it's time for a change. It's pretty sad that I would rather play the remaster than the new game.
    Remastered is all I've been playing. It's fantastic and reminds me exactly why I used to love Call of Duty.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Level
    Looks like Activision is paying attention to people not taking out their wallets for Advanced Warfare.

They acknowledged that the latest edition was a disappointment in terms of sales. They've also said that this year's version will be a return to traditional combat.

Here's some of the article from IGN:

Activision says this year’s Call of Duty will “take Call of Duty back to its roots.”

In a call reporting fourth quarter 2016 earnings, Activision elaborated that “traditional combat will once again take center stage” in this year’s title, which is currently in development from Sledgehammer Games.

Activision also commented on the lower-than-expected sales of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare last year, noting that the “space setting didn’t resonate” with players, and Infinite Warfare “wasn’t the success we planned.”

Still, Activision Publishing CEO Eric Hirshberg noted on a call following the earnings report that "we’ve never been more excited creatively or commercially about our three-year Call of Duty slate."

No shit Activision. If I wanted to play a space shooter, I would play Halo, and I don't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12