Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia Dixon View Post
    I just think she is to big of a star to do the show. And I just don't see her fitting into the role very well.
    I can appreciate your response.

Quote Originally Posted by Misza View Post
    Personally I just think she doesn't fit the role. But maybe she would prove me wrong.
    You could be right.

Quote Originally Posted by beethedead View Post
    Yep, What she said. Her stock is high too high for TWD. Hell, good luck holding on to DG. In fact, maybe AL will think about rekindling his film career when he looks around at DG and LC's movement up.

Also, if you read the comics I don't see Lupita as Alpha, that said, she could certainly handle the acting part. Finally, unlike the OP, I don't think people should be cast in parts for gimmicky reasons, i.e., Rick is with Michonne, therefore, Carl should chose his gf based on the color factor.

Doesn't that cheapen everything Michonee means to Rick and Carl? Her attributes are physical, mental, emotional and spiritual connectedness to Rick. Not some superficial bullshit. Don't flipping ruin the original ship by piling on other agendas. The agenda for Richonne was correct. How well they continue to execute it is always up for debate but so far, I'm good and so are Rick and Michonne :p
    Very good points!

Quote Originally Posted by ƊҽαɗłƴƝίɠɦƚʂɦαɗҽ View Post
    The better question is why the fuck would they want an amazing actress to come to this shit show.
    I'd be blown away if it happened. Besides, they can't afford her, and she shouldn't settle for less.

I only know a little about Alpha anyway, not enough to have a picture of her in my mind yet. So I can't really say how I think her character should be portrayed.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Level
    Really, Christina Ricci, hmmm. Pray tell, why?
    First off, her face has that specific look for Alpha. The curved, elongated face. Strip off the hair and she'd be an exact duplicate.
    Plus? Her acting is totally suitable for the role.
    She has done creepy roles before (excluding Wednesday Adams of course) but she is also a fearsome character actor.
    And seeing as how she's done all this nudity before? I can guarantee a zombie show with a role focusing on wearing zombie skin as a jacket won't faze her.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLongeWannabe View Post
    First off, her face has that specific look for Alpha. The curved, elongated face. Strip off the hair and she'd be an exact duplicate.
    Plus? Her acting is totally suitable for the role.
    She has done creepy roles before (excluding Wednesday Adams of course) but she is also a fearsome character actor.
    And seeing as how she's done all this nudity before? I can guarantee a zombie show with a role focusing on wearing zombie skin as a jacket won't faze her.
    Damn well thought-out idea, of course. I can see it. I think she is a good actress with an off beat style that could fit TWD.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLongeWannabe View Post
    First off, her face has that specific look for Alpha. The curved, elongated face. Strip off the hair and she'd be an exact duplicate. Plus? Her acting is totally suitable for the role. She has done creepy roles before (excluding Wednesday Adams of course) but she is also a fearsome character actor. And seeing as how she's done all this nudity before? I can guarantee a zombie show with a role focusing on wearing zombie skin as a jacket won't faze her.
    Ah christina ricci would be pretty sweet.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level
    Yep, What she said. Her stock is high too high for TWD. Hell, good luck holding on to DG. In fact, maybe AL will think about rekindling his film career when he looks around at DG and LC's movement up. Also, if you read the comics I don't see Lupita as Alpha, that said, she could certainly handle the acting part. Finally, unlike the OP, I don't think people should be cast in parts for gimmicky reasons, i.e., Rick is with Michonne, therefore, Carl should chose his gf based on the color factor. Doesn't that cheapen everything Michonee means to Rick and Carl? Her attributes are physical, mental, emotional and spiritual connectedness to Rick. Not some superficial bullshit. Don't flipping ruin the original ship by piling on other agendas. The agenda for Richonne was correct. How well they continue to execute it is always up for debate but so far, I'm good and so are Rick and Michonne :p
    I was definitely kidding regarding the color thing. Just a joke but I could see how it could be spun to fit that narrative/agenda.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't know enough about this actress to know if she'd be good for the part. She is pretty and looks like she could portray a strong, stoic character, which I think is good for whoever will play Alpha. She's also near the right age. I think Alpha is in her mid-thirties. I haven't seen any of her films except The Jungle Book, which was voice acting for her part. She's got a pretty voice though.

I'd say, that if she's interested, she should apply. She looks the part, I think. She just needs to be able to portray that cruel indifference Alpha has.

I do think it would be cool too if Alpha is played by a black woman. I don't want the casting to specify that white people need not apply, but the casting department being open to her character being a different race than she is in the comics would be nice. (Not so Carl can have sex with a black woman like his dad, but so a strong, awesome, villainous character on this show can be not white for once.) So far all the villains in the show have been white. (Except The Governor's sidekicks...)

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Level
    They would have better luck picking up a turd by the clean end than getting Lupita on the show. Besides, I don't think she fits the character of Alpha

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Level
    JDM is a legit fan of TWD and probably took a pay cut. Also, there isn't exactly a lot of people that can pull off Negan and the few that could of that weren't him probably didn't audition for it so they kinda had to cave in and fork over the money.

And to be fair, it's not like JDM is THAT big of an actor. He's been in a ton of small indie movies and tv shows. His biggest role is in Watchmen and that didn't even do that well and..
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123