Forgot your username?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level

About Those Contacts...

Seriously. I can't be the only one who's bothered to no end by those blue contacts. I mean, those are contacts, right? I can't remember seeing her eyes shine like this in season one (nor in The 100). I don't get it, she also looks super over styled regarding her hair, but I can live with that, but... well. I don't know, I guess this series is just getting on my nerves right now and I use it to prolong my waiting for GoT :D

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Level
    I didn't notice. Looking up photos of the actress, it seems like her eyes are a greenish color. Maybe sorta blue-ish in the right light... Even kinda hazel in the bottom one:

It does look like she's wearing contacts too - you can see the tiny line of them - but they are likely just corrective lenses. I used to wear contacts and they were always just very slightly tinted blue-grey (just so you could see them in the contact solution) they didn't change the color of your iris, but you could always see the tiny little line of the edge of them on your eye, just outside the iris.

It's very difficult to tell eye-color sometimes though, especially when they film in shadows a lot, and I think a lot of green/hazel eyes are difficult to decipher sometimes. My eyes are hazel, but they've been called green, and they often look more grey than anything to me. Just depends on the lighting, I guess.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    No. Her eyes are like mine. They are blue grey and change to a more greenish color sometimes. A lot of people with blue eyes change colors. Hell I know some one who had a family member who was born blue eyes then they turned brown when she was 5. Weird shit lol.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Nah, it's quite common for your eyes to appear to change according to the light conditions. I have quite bright green eyes with a very pronounced limbal ring and I am always being accused of wearing coloured contacts because they are "freaky". In bright sunlight the colour leeches entirely out of my eyes and they can look almost clear. Some of us just have weird eyes. Shoot me.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Level
    Is this really something worth complaining about? Lighting has everything to do with how our eyes look...:)

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Honestly, I tried to look for the scene that bothered my to post a screenshot and ... I just couldn't find it when viewing per laptop. So I guess it's gotta do something with my tv, as my boyfriend told me the same (Alicia, maybe go for a more natural look when choosing contacts) even though I hadn't mentioned it to him before. Lol. When using the laptop, it looked perfectly natural. I have blue eyes myself and know about different lights etc., but monday it was very very strange. Maybe I'll look it up again and post a pic on here :-)

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Level
    It's her waaaay over styled hair that gets to me. Come on, it's a zombie apocalypse.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gia Dixon View Post
    It's her waaaay over styled hair that gets to me. Come on, it's a zombie apocalypse.
    I'd kill for those waves, no way my hair looks like that after hours of styling, and surely not after hanging out on that boat forever.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Level
    I didn't notice the eyes. Her hair bothers me way more. The waves and the coloring are so bad. I guess Alicia found a hair stylist and a working electric outlet for her phone since her phone was charged when they took back the hotel.

Alicia is my favorite character on FTWD, but yeah. They gotta try a little harder to remember she's supposed to be living during the apocalypse.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Level
    Jaysus Christ.

Spoil The Dead is the largest & number one fansite for AMC's The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead, Image Comic's The Walking Dead, and the Telltale Games. Offering spoilers, games, and community to fans & zombie enthusiasts.