Status
    Jaywalking Loiterer ShanesAddiction's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Level

Did Alex Survive?

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/fear-th...ls-whats-next/

Admittedly, there is not a lot of "meat" in this article. However, it did give me pause and started me wondering - what if Alex is the intended main protagonist of this series? I've seen several posts where viewers seem to struggle to identify the main character in this tale. (Is it Strand? Nick? Maddy?)

What's clear is that Alex is strong. She's a survivor. What's hinted at is that she knows more about the outbreak than anyone else (like she has some inside knowledge). What's developed so far is that she survived that plane crash (there HAS to be a reason for that) and she now has a viable reason to want some hard core revenge against Strand.

What at if the writers are telling the story from an atypical angle? What if they're showing us what would otherwise be backstory of what drive Alex's story?

I hope im making sense here. It's all kind of abstract in my mind, and I'm not sure I'm articulating it well.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't know and I don't care. I just felt like whatever bye when Strand cut the line. She got left in the ocean not dropped into a horde of zombies so it wasn't a big deal anyways. She got medicine, water, and food thanks to the group. If she dies it will probably be her own damn fault for staying in the presence of a half dead kid. It's one thing to be stupid but when you are willfully stupid, oh boy.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm fairly certain she survived. I don't think they'd have spent so much time on the mini series just to add her into the show for ten minutes and leave her fate forever ambiguous. Also, in this thread:

http://spoilthedead.com/forum/showth...r-Episodes-5-6

it says of episode 5...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't think she's the main character though. I think she's more like a Michonne, Jesus, Carol, or Daryl - where you're supposed to think she's great, and maybe she'll get some good scenes here and there, but she's just the cool new kid. The awesome sidekick, there to do cool shit and be smarter than everyone else for no good reason. The awesome show-off character. It seems like in The Walking Dead universe, the main character is a normal person. The side characters are the impossibly brilliant, skilled, and overly capable sorts.

I also don't feel like her presence was planned as far back as season 1. If they did make her into the main character, it would have been as an afterthought. And I don't think they'll ever put Nick in the backseat, since his shirtless-ness is becoming the main concern of this show.