Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Level

Is Chris What He Seems?

(This might fit better in the Chris sub-forum, but since it has to do with the events of the episode Sicut Cervus, I'm posting it here. Feel free to move it if it makes more sense to have it elsewhere.)

When I read the spoilers for this episode, I sort of assumed I was going to see Chris sneaking into Madison's and Alicia's room with a knife and hovering over them like he was thinking about murdering them. That is not what I perceived when I watched the episode, however. To me, it looked like he peaked into the room, and I'm not sure why he'd choose to do that... but he noticed the knife on the nightstand and wanted to steal it... (Maybe because all their weapons were taken away when they got there and he didn't want to be unarmed?) He grabbed the knife, and Madison and Alicia happened to be woken up by Strand's gunshot at the worst possible moment. He didn't seem like he was thinking about killing them. I think he was really just stealing the knife. And of course, since Madison and Alicia are already on-edge around him, it doesn't look good for him that they wake up in the middle of the night and he's standing around in their room, in the dark, with a knife in his hand.

And maybe when Madison was in danger of being bitten near the beginning of the episode and Chris didn't do anything, he really did just freeze up in the moment. Lots of the characters did during that scene. Nick was upset by the little girl walker. Daniel was upset by the little boy. Maybe Chris was thinking about something and froze too, and of course if Alicia wanted to tell people that he just stood around and chose not to save Madison when he could have, Chris wouldn't have liked that. It would make him look bad. So even if he honestly just froze, he wouldn't want Alicia telling everyone he did't care that Madison was about to be killed, so I could understand why he told her to please not say anything. (And maybe he sounded kind of threatening, but he sees Alicia as a sister... I've threatened my sisters' lives too... But I didn't really mean it... Siblings can be pretty harsh to each other. We all know that.)

And then the thing with Reed - he was one of the "bad guys." He threatened lots of the group members, said shitty things about Chris's recently deceased mom... I don't think it's too unreasonable that Chris would want him dead without it meaning Chris is going nuts.

So what do you think? Is Chris losing it? Does he want Madison and Alicia dead? Or are things just lining up to make him look a lot worse than he really is?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Level
    Is Chris what he seems? Yep. He is annoying as hell and not interesting in the least, imo.

I agree, from the spoilers I thought he could go the psycho route but it seems that Cecilia will be the "Hershel meets Lizzie" composite character. Chris called Alicia and then, sort of aimlessly took the knife. It was a better build up to the moment in the spoilers than what I saw.

I do, however, think that Chris resents Madison and didn't help her because he won't kill her but he wasn't going to help her either. I think his intention, whether the character realized it or not, was to let Madison die and have plausible deniability of " I didn't realize what was happening...I froze". Right, big guy....I don't think so.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Level
    I think he's losing it. Not in a way of truly going psycho, but more or less like he's really not in his own mind. What I mean is, during that fight I think he did freeze, but not really out of fear. The only way I can put it is entranced. Does he want Madison dead? To some degree, I think he does. Alicia? No, I really don't think so and I doubt he would have killed her even if she was alone and didn't wake up and see him. I really think he wouldn't have gone through with it. He seemed freaked out to me. I think he scared himself more than he was scared of them seeing him. As far as Reed goes, that was just unforgivable. I mean, Reed was such a nice guy.

Now to be honest, I hate Chris. He has no sense of humor and always looks like he's pouting. It's not like he's the only one dealing with this shit. I find him as irritating as his father. I hate them both and want them to get eaten, or in some way violated by a hippo. That would at least be an interesting twist to the show. It'd keep it unpredictable if nothing else. I am now shipping this.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Level
    hate them both and want them to get eaten, or in some way violated by a hippo

So, @blackjack, what would this actually look like...lol. Just curious. On second thought, I better not ask earlier toight @Lostie was sharing jokes about fucking sheep. This place is too much!

But , if you do go forward with this proposed ship I 'm down..lol

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Level
    Chris was acting like a stupid angsty teen in the first few episodes of season 1 and he is still acting like that except now he has weapons.......if anything, he is going to accidentally kill himself before anyone else "just to see what it feels like" or some shot like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Chris was acting like a stupid angsty teen in the first few episodes of season 1 and he is still acting like that except now he has weapons.......if anything, he is going to accidentally kill himself before anyone else "just to see what it feels like" or some shit like that.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by beethedead View Post
    So, @blackjack, what would this actually look like...lol. Just curious. On second thought, I better not ask earlier toight @Lostie was sharing jokes about fucking sheep. This place is too much!

But , if you do go forward with this proposed ship I 'm down..lol
    Ay Dios Mio, Chica... do u want to Crash ur Car again?, lol... now u want to talk about geting Fucked by a Hippo???... NoNoNo Way Jose, i would put a Hippo Cock inside of me, Lmao ...☺...

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostie View Post
    Ay Dios Mio, Chica... do u want to Crash ur Car again?, lol... now u want to talk about geting Fucked by a Hippo???... NoNoNo Way Jose, i would put a Hippo Cock inside of me, Lmao ...☺...
    this is your show I'm just in the audience now...you are loco en la cabeza which is why you my spritsister for sure!

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Level
    I think it's what it seems. I agree Chris didn't sneak in there with the intention of hurting anybody. That said, the look on his face changed when he saw they had the knife beside their bed, and it probably infuriated him that a) Alicia told and b) they didn't trust him. I think he would have killed, or at least hurt, both of them if Strand didn't fire the gun.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Level
    I felt like Chris just froze at the church. He's losing it, and that's probably part of it.
    I didn't think he threatened Alicia. He said he didn't want to have to hurt anyone and she took that as a threat. I thought he meant that that's why he froze - because he didn't want to have to hurt anyone anymore.
    And in the bedroom he was trying to get Alicia's attention, which he wouldn't do if he was going to kill either one of them. I think he saw the knife and decided to take it, not that he was going to use it on them.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by beethedead View Post
    this is your show I'm just in the audience now...you are loco en la cabeza which is why you my spritsister for sure!
    and i BOW to you... the Longer i stay with u the More Loca i will get, lol ...☺...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast