Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
  1. Back To Top    #281
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by hscheft View Post
    I confess that I was loving the moments of Caryl that we got during the premiere. I was totally waiting for her to tell Daryl that she didn't want him to stay at the Sanctuary with her because she couldn't remain faithful to Mr. Shakespeare if her handsome hunter was around. Those two were killing it and totally breaking my heart this episode.
    She overheard Daryl not wanting to stay and her love for him, pushed her decision to stay there, so he could take a break. That's love! What's the king doing? Who cares? She's concerned that Daryl is where he wants to be, so she'll fill in for him in a second!

2. Back To Top    #282
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Level
    I confess that as much as I love Caryl at this point I would rather see them with charcters that they actually have some chemisty with that what the writers have going now. Carol/Zeke just doesn't work for me. It seems forced like the Gimple crew painted themselves into a corner with the Michonne/Rick pairing which I liked alot but then didn't quite know who to pair Zeke with. Carol went from "Who the hell is this clown" to some sort of love in two seasons I just don't buy it. Carol loves Zeke of that I am sure but is she in love with Zeke I don't think so. Zeke on the other hand is all in with Carol. Carol hesitation at the proposal was indication enough that she was having reservations about that relationship and it was Daryl's need to get out of the Sanctuary and supposed approval of the pairing that tipped her over the edge. It fusterates the hell out of me that the writers aren't willing to either go with the Daryl/Carol pairing or not go with it.

Daryl on the other hand seems to have the opposite problem. The only female he has had any chemistry at all with romantically is Carol. Now we have three new female characters that have the potential to maybe have some off the charts chemistry with our man Daryl but that remains to be seen. If that does happen in a natural non contrived way that makes sense to views than I am all for it if it moves the character forward and into new and interesting territory. Don't get me wrong I would love to see Caryl explored like it should have been at least three seasons ago but if the writers won't go there at least make the new pairing for both Daryl and Carol as compelling and interesting as they are.

3. Back To Top    #283
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Level
    I confess that I still believe in Caryl endgame. Yes, even after nine years. That's my opinion, my prerogative, my belief. People don't have to agree with me.

I think their chemistry still trumps most, if not all relationships and dynamics on the show, and I think that there is still ambiguity there that has frustrated some fans/shippers beyond reason to stick around. I understand that. But I think with Kang as show runner the quality of the characters and story line has gotten so much better! I think that she is revisiting what was good about this show, and I think that she is re-building Caryl's connection after Gimps freaking ignored it for two seasons.

That haircut scene the other night was so lovely, and I know she's with zeke, and I know that there's no romantic Caryl right now, BUT I do think that the possibility hasn't been shut down either. I think groundwork is being laid down for future stories, and I think they are reminding the audience how strong these two actors and characters are together. I was floating around on twitter this past sunday night and the love for this couple is still very strong.

Norm and Mel got three more seasons in their contracts so I think the possibility of endgame is still very much possible. If Gimple were still in charge, I would have way more doubts, but after seeing Kang's script notes of 901 (squeal), and based on where she's heading with their stories, (caring for Henry as potential parallel to Sophia) I believe that Caryl can still happen. Others may leave before it can happen, but I'll be here till the end.

Caryl has my heart, and not only can I not let them go, I certainly don't want to.

4. Back To Top    #284
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannah Dixon View Post
    but after seeing Kang's script notes of 901 (squeal), and based on where she's heading with their stories, (caring for Henry as potential parallel to Sophia) I believe that Caryl can still happen..
    ...script notes?

5. Back To Top    #285
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KatyDid View Post
    ...script notes?
    *rubs hands together excitedly* So this fan ordered/purchased this ultimate fan packet or something, and it included a slew of treats like little booklets, a funko pop(?) of Rick, other little nifties, but the big thing was that he received copies of three pages from episode 901 script, with little notes from Kang herself. The one I'm talking about is from the Caryl scene. These are the notes that the show runner write to themselves when they discuss the general tones and themes to the director/producer. Here you go...

Notice the cut lines at the end, "You know what I mean" I about died!!

In case it's a little hard to read her handwriting: Near the lines that Daryl says, "Does he snore fancy too?" Kang wrote, "Daryl-buried jealousy of Zeke but knows he's not a bad guy." She confirmed jealous Daryl y'all!!! I mean I guessed that from the scene they shared, but to get confirmation of it was wonderful. And I think it means that he likes her in a way that's not familial. (the antis/haters jumped through hoops to try and challenge this let me tell you haha)

Then on the sides she writes "It's 2 am after the bar closed down sitting on the hood of a car..." Then under that, she wrote the word "Saudade" and it's definition, "feeling of nostalgia or melancholy, longing for someone or something you love that is gone." The bottom corner basically says that Daryl is wanting things to go back to the way they were and is struggling with it all.

One very interesting note is that Kang circles Carol's line that says "after what I went through with Ed, corny is really really nice." and Kang wrote that "that's the heart of the deal for Carol." IMO it basically confirms that this relationship with zeke is making her feel happy because she's with a guy that doesn't physically/emotionally abuse her. She called it the "deal", so I don't think this is meant to come across as the love of Carol's life.

The person who received this put this on twitter, and Kang herself liked the tweet. This is the show runner's notes herself guys. It confirms jealous Daryl, and it shows that these two still mean the world to each other. And all this was released after she said in an interview that Daryl and Carol are soulmates. (And also confirmed that Carol's whole arc this season is in fact them trying to tell Michonne's arc in the comics).

I don't know, believe what you want but I think this is very exciting stuff, and with the way that the haircut scene was shot, it gives me reason to believe that while I don't think Caryl will go romantic this season, I think Kang is leaving her options for that pathway open. And I'm thinking that she's hoping that some people stick around to see it unravel. (I mean out of all the pages of that script she could have sent out, this conversation and scene was one of them...)

Like I said, I still believe in Caryl, romance is probably a no for this season, but as long as they have scenes together again, I'm happy. I think that this season is rebuilding and reminding the audience of what they had that Gimple refused to acknowledge at the end of his run (Urg!)

6. Back To Top    #286
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Level
    I confess I think it's very possible that Caryl is endgame, but it'll happen at the very end of the show. Either this or the show will end with the emphasis on their relationship (friends/soulmates) anyway. They might be the last two standing.

7. Back To Top    #287
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Level
    Ugh...I confess that with all the twists and turns of showrunners and directions. They couldn't kill Caryl, when they decided to abruptly go the other direction. But it seems people are so divided now either love or hate the pairing that they are stuck not doing either with them. They can't pair them and can't not pair them, so they will always "love" each other in some ubiquitous way. And maybe at the end when they are the last two standing or the handful standing they will either declare it or keep us hanging. Makes me love/hate the show with what they did to something so beautiful in the first couple of seasons...so long ago now! I used to rewatch it, or wanted to rewatch the series, now I'm just watching it to finally end . Still my favorite couple no matter what they do to them, I confess.

8. Back To Top    #288
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Level
    Okay the season finale has me confessing that I love these two together again! I hope they continue the Caryl show in season 10! I may actually confess to watching and rewatching...he said what to her?

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829