1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    560 Post(s)
    Level

Caryl Discussion Thread, Part 25

Keep sharing the Caryl Love!

Just a fun reminder that even though we are currently on Part #25 of Caryl General Discussion, these are only the discussion threads appearing since the Caryl subforum was created. The Caryl subforum was created in late June 2014. Before that, we posted all our Caryl love in one single thread: Caryl & Daryl (Caryl) - No Hate thread, which @Erin started in February 2013. The original Love (No Hate) threads reached 40 parts (yup, count 'em, 40), representing 39800+ posts of Caryl love before the subforum was even created!

If you ever want to take a peek at these earlier threads (do it, they're way fun!), you'll find these threads in the last few pages of the Caryl subforum listing!

You can find Part 24 here

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Level
    Yes!

Thank you nina!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Level
    Hey and welcome @anibas!!!

Also, @cosmicpull I've seen some discussion talk about bookending arcs/premiere things this season. It seems like Morgan and Carol have come to an understanding. Which is what I felt that whole stitck on the stairs was about. That is was signalling that it was the end of the 'Cargan' era of the her story. And Season eight can move her character onto her next arc. Now she is back with TF.

The #81# on that post box that Morgan thatches into:

Corresponds with issue nr 81 where:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Now, Morgan and Carl have a semi-similar story to what Carol currently has (as Carol "took" Carl's Billy/Ben). And in Issue 82:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

As basically what happens to Morgan after in the comic this signafies the end of their arc together. And to me that spells optimism for the show! :) Honestly I'm looking forward to S8. For Caryl prospects, and the fact that there *should* be no, to very little Cargan.

ugh....Sorry for waffling...and if this was brought up already....

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    560 Post(s)
    Level
    This piece of Caryl fan art, by Sempaiko remains my favorite:

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    560 Post(s)
    Level
    @buttercup is in the User Spotlight today!

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Part 25! Woohoo!

:

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Level
    Yesterday I wrote something in part 24 but I can't find it so I'll try to write it again. A few days ago I watched consumed because I needed some caryl power after the finale of S7. After that I had some thoughts which I'd like to share with you. For me in S3, 4 and 5 the Caryl bond seems to be deeper even more than today. Espacially Consumed shows in a very intelligent way how well the both know and protect each other. I love the scene when Daryl deals with the mother/child walker so Carol doesn't have to. And I also love when Daryl protects her from shooting Noah just because he has stolen their guns. A few scenes later, she protects him from letting Noah die because she knows that he isn't that type of men who would do. This shows in a intelligent way how the both are protecting each other from doing the wrong. He gets her out of her dark thoughts the whole episode. But it seems to me that there has changed something, I don't know. I like that they've got their own stuff to do, I'm also okay with the Carol and Morgan story. But I don't understand how Daryl couldn't recognize Carols crisis in S6. It was just too obvoiusly (smoking a lot, baking, distancing) and he did do nothing, indented or not...or was he just too busy with Dwight, Denise and the savoirs? I don't get it. If they'll go canon, it's theoretically okay for me that this is going to happen slowly. Practically it's exhausting and nerve-racking, but it's the right way. But I'm also scared that this will never happen. Sorry I don't want to write too pessimistic oder negative but I'm just scared that the writers are going to mess this up.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    609 Post(s)
    Level
    Norman liked these on instagram.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by anibas View Post
    Yesterday I wrote something in part 24 but I can't find it so I'll try to write it again. A few days ago I watched consumed because I needed some caryl power after the finale of S7. After that I had some thoughts which I'd like to share with you. For me in S3, 4 and 5 the Caryl bond seems to be deeper even more than today. Espacially Consumed shows in a very intelligent way how well the both know and protect each other. I love the scene when Daryl deals with the mother/child walker so Carol doesn't have to. And I also love when Daryl protects her from shooting Noah just because he has stolen their guns. A few scenes later, she protects him from letting Noah die because she knows that he isn't that type of men who would do. This shows in a intelligent way how the both are protecting each other from doing the wrong. He gets her out of her dark thoughts the whole episode. But it seems to me that there has changed something, I don't know. I like that they've got their own stuff to do, I'm also okay with the Carol and Morgan story. But I don't understand how Daryl couldn't recognize Carols crisis in S6. It was just too obvoiusly (smoking a lot, baking, distancing) and he did do nothing, indented or not...or was he just too busy with Dwight, Denise and the savoirs? I don't get it. If they'll go canon, it's theoretically okay for me that this is going to happen slowly. Practically it's exhausting and nerve-racking, but it's the right way. But I'm also scared that this will never happen. Sorry I don't want to write too pessimistic oder negative but I'm just scared that the writers are going to mess this up.
    Don't worry about it. You don't sound like that.

I love the way things shifted in Consumed, that shift in Daryl when Noah directly threatened her life. Bets were off then.

One thing I consider while the story in S6 when it came to Carol, and even Caryl was the thing that thing that came out about LJ near the start of this season. That he was originally suppost to be appear at Terminus. But due to conflicts, could not. So we could've got zen-Morgan most of S5, and perhapgs originally the beginning of the Cargan arc 5b. So Gimple had to rewrite his 'original' master plan to suit LJ's schedule (and we know Gimple plans his arcs years in advance, and Morgan's arc coming back would've been a huge deal). They were really forced together, even from the beginning of S6, when he mistook Carol for a cop in GN's artsy flashback (butting in myself to point out that Daryl was aswel asked one point was he in law enforcement, lol). Then Morgan spoke to Rick like twice (when they were featured on the headline promo 'butting heads'), and once was about Carol. I have this suspicion that a portion of what Cargan's story happened in S6 should've happened in 5 or early 6 (least it's over now lol). And some of what happened in S6 was a rewrite, therefore much didn't click.

The other things is, Daryl has his own arc going on too, he's not just a prop, thankfully. He was struggling to fit into asz (as he was living rural for about 40 years, rough during the za and *sudden civilization*); which would've always been the plan. Replaced Eric, which was also probably planned from the start. Point is, Daryl was dealing heavily with his own struggles, what then with Denise and Dwight, and he needed to process his grief from that. I see the graveyard, even the scene with the smoking on the porch, and him not fully regestering there was an issue with Carol, as being 'out of sync' with even himself at that point. It was just another way of showing how deep his level of depression over that guilt was effecting him. Sometimes you can't just 'get over it', even for those you love/care about, and that's the state he was in 6b. Also, when he last was in that state, during 5b, it was Carol who brought some relief to his mind. In S6, they both were both suffering with their own demons that it unsynced them at that point in time. (also, as I said, the possible S6 rewrites for S6 and the Cargan arc. We'll never know (not saying it's guaranteed), but there could've even been Caryl stuff planned :p)... plus "tear them down to build them up".

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    560 Post(s)
    Level
    This is needed in every Caryl thread:

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast