Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Level

The Game Changer

I'm doing a reread of the comics and at the beginning of the Whisperers Arc I was thinking about how much of a game changer it would have been had the Whisperers not been People and rather been an "evolving" or "learning" walker. Showing they were very slowly learning would have changed everything and could have been taken down a super interesting path. The whisperers are a really neat concept still but that would have left me stunned.

I created this thread hoping for some creativity honestly. What would absolutely change the game in the comics in your opinion? What would it take? Zombies to actually speak? A real cure? Rick to die? Someone comes back from disappearing? What do you guys think?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Level
    Speaking zombies, kind of like Night of the Living Dead, would be interesting. As for a different take on the comics (and the tv show, too), to determine that there those who are immune and don't turn when bitten.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    The Governor's Eyepatch verytallmidget's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Level
    No, that idea (although respectable) does not work in TWD universe.

For me, a game changer would be having some bit and NOT turning. Giving us the slim hope there is some form of anti-body that can lead into an eventual cure.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by verytallmidget View Post
    No, that idea (although respectable) does not work in TWD universe. For me, a game changer would be having some bit and NOT turning. Giving us the slim hope there is some form of anti-body that can lead into an eventual cure.
    Agree with this.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Level
    Rick dying and Carl becoming the lead character would be huge. I also agree that some kind of evolution of Walkers would be interesting

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by NostraKwamus View Post
    Agree with this.
    Yea me too.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Jaywalking Loiterer ShanesAddiction's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Level
    I agree with evolution of walkers. Another game changer might be that animals start turning. I've always wondered why they don't anyways.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    that moment we heard that the dead were whispering was arguably the most nightmarish moment I had encountered in this series to date. The possibilities in that moment were endless: evolution, experimentation, humans in tanned ex-human skin, aliens... I was a little disappointed to find out that it was people in there but it didn't reduce the impact any. I agree with what someone had said entirely though: someone getting bit and not turning would be the game changer. The fact that we all turn once we die, though, has me thinking of a completely different idea: what if some group ( could be a terrorist group if you want, I'm no writer ) hacked the satellites world-wide and reprogrammed them to reignite brain function after death. What if it all just started as an experiment in reanimating dead tissue and it was unleashed by this particular group. They could be sitting high and mighty in a government shelter in DC, close enough to TF currently to have a conversation with Eugene via HAM radio... meh... now that I wrote it out it kind of sucks... o well, I spent all that time typing this...

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Level
    I think if somebody was bit and didn't get sick or turn would be incredibly interesting. It could turn into a fight for a cure story which hasn't been explored at all in the comics. I also see it getting to be very similar to The Last of Us though:

Spoiler Spoiler:

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Level
    I wouldn't like the zombies to evolve in any way. It would definitely change things, a lot, but I wouldn't like it, because it wouldn't make sense to me... The zombies I accept are pretty much corpses that walk and eat - nothing more. Smarter 'evolved' zombies would seem like a totally different thing.

Having someone get bitten and never die would be cool. They wouldn't even need to discover a cure from it... Just establish that being immune is possible - just like people are sometimes immune to things in real life, or some people are carriers of real-life diseases while they don't show any symptoms.

And other animals besides humans turning would be cool too. Especially if it started with animals similar to humans, like primates. They could find a zoo and see zombie-monkeys and be like "Oh shit!! It's crossed species!!" and then it could go from there... Zombie-birds would be a huge fucking problem...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast