Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Level
    I used to like Michonne a lot more than I do now, and I love Danai, she seems like such a lovely person, and if Michonne were to be killed, I would be a little sad, but not because I'd miss Michonne, but rather because of the wasted potential. Michonne could be a great character and yet she's been so underutilized for so long that I've been losing interest.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Michonne won't go out like that.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    The Succubus aka "The Beast" Empress's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    515 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by HateForTheMasses View Post
    The Carl/Negan dynamic has always been the way I've eliminated Michonne as a possibility. I strongly stand by my theory that killing Michonne would make Rick/Negan by far more interesting. Might even get close to Rick/Shane levels. Gimples raging hard on to follow the comics won't allow him to skip over the Carl/Negan relationship though.
    I’d heard mentions of Carl’s relationship with Negan being ‘divvied’ up, most likely with Daryl because of course, but yes, even if that’s the case there’d be no chance for Carl and Negan to strike up a ‘bond’ if you can call it that, and that’s a big part of Carl’s most interesting arc. It’s highly unlikely they’ll skip over that, or there would have been no point in having his eye blown out. Negan gains respect for Rick and doesn’t ultimately want to destroy him, their relationship is unusual. Rick would kill Negan the first chance he got, I doubt there’d be any hesitation as he’d be back in ‘crazy, act without thinking’ mode again, and I’m honestly tired of it. Besides, we’ve already went through Lori and Jessie, they won’t have him lose another lover, at least not so quickly, talk about ad nauseum. There’s too many reasons not to do it.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Level
    I'd keep watching, but I'd be pretty annoyed. I'll even most likely keep watching if Glenn dies, and that would be the biggest crock of shit ever. So no matter who dies, I'll probably keep watching. It'll just be one more black mark on the Walking Dead record in my mind. Including the Lucille death at all was a black mark already. If it's anyone who hasn't gotten good character development and screen time in season 6, it'll be another mark. Michonne was way too ignored in season 6 for her death now to be okay.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    608 Post(s)
    Level
    Michonne's one of the four invincible characters, she's not going anywhere.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Empress View Post
    I’d heard mentions of Carl’s relationship with Negan being ‘divvied’ up, most likely with Daryl because of course, but yes, even if that’s the case there’d be no chance for Carl and Negan to strike up a ‘bond’ if you can call it that, and that’s a big part of Carl’s most interesting arc. It’s highly unlikely they’ll skip over that, or there would have been no point in having his eye blown out. Negan gains respect for Rick and doesn’t ultimately want to destroy him, their relationship is unusual. Rick would kill Negan the first chance he got, I doubt there’d be any hesitation as he’d be back in ‘crazy, act without thinking’ mode again, and I’m honestly tired of it. Besides, we’ve already went through Lori and Jessie, they won’t have him lose another lover, at least not so quickly, talk about ad nauseum. There’s too many reasons not to do it.
    But.. But it could lead into the greatest tv spinoff of all time. Starring the ghosts of Ricks love life. It would be like the younger ghostly version of the Golden Girls.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Level
    Assuming they have the balls to kill off a principal character, I'd bet on it being her before anyone else:

Rick - Main character, not gonna die.
    Daryl - Most popular character, not gonna die.
    Carl - They won't put Rick through that sort of emotional turmoil, and I doubt they would have bothered taking out Carl's eye if they were just gonna kill him shortly after anyway.
    Maggie - Sick and just got her hair cut short, she's safe.
    Glenn - He gets it in the comics and they nearly always change up deaths from the comics, so he's probably safe.
    Michonne - ????????????

It's not even like I feel she's served her usefulness or has no purpose or anything, I just can't think of a reason to rule her out like I can with the others. The fact that she just hooked up with Rick gives me all the more incentive to believe she may get the bat.

Personally, I hope they just stick with Glenn. I know it's boring to keep the most iconic death of the series the same as it was in the comics hen they almost always do the opposite, but objectively, I think him dying here would still make the most sense.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1746 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by HateForTheMasses View Post
    But.. But it could lead into the greatest tv spinoff of all time. Starring the ghosts of Ricks love life. It would be like the younger ghostly version of the Golden Girls.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Level
    Nah, I just can't see it. What I do forsee is an LV from each of the other canon couples ~ making the LVs Glenn and Sasha, or Abe and Maggie.

Negan will be be intrigued by Michonne and maybe play mind games with her to rile Rick. I don't think he will kill her in haste, when using her as a pawn could give him more leverage.

Michonne and Rick will be the last canon couple standing.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    Its possible - she's in the lineup. But, I don't see it happening.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast