Forgot your username?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Level
    I actually do think Rick will be dead by #200. They need to do more with Carl because if so, he will likely take over as main character for the last 100+ issues. I need Negan to kill a main character in the war before he goes, but I agree his time is up. He needs to go. I hate the thought of it. I love Negan more than any other character ever. He does need to die though, and not as a hero.

I do like the idea of Beta strangling a massive character, someone big enough to really put him over the top. To be honest, other than his size I don't see what makes people think he's so awesome. Don't get me wrong, I think he has potential. I do think he's going to be a big deal afterwards, but right now I'm not impressed. The problem as far as I go, is I'm tired of the Whisperers altogether. They seemed like they would be awesome, but they fizzled out fast. I definitely want ASZ to go down, but I want the Whisperers gone as well. I wouldn't mind the comics doing something interesting and different with Beta though.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    605 Post(s)
    Level
    The problem with the Whisperers is they took way too long to get to the point and when they got to that point Negan killed off their leader and it was all for nothing. Negan is a big part of the reason The Whisperers sucked because he overshadowed them and in the end it seems to be all about him anyways.

You can only hope that Beta was the next villain all this time and Alpha was just a red herring but for anyone to ever give Beta the time of day, Negan still needs to die before him.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Level
    You're probably right and him being the one to kill Negan would have him be taken more seriously and we do need a villain who won't be overshadowed by Negan, which means he must die. I simply don't want him going out as some kind of hero or martyr, which is what I'm a little afraid they might pull. He doesn't need a redemption story. I don't think that's where they're going with this. It wouldn't make much sense, but it wouldn't surprise me if that's exactly what they do.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Level
    What the comics need right now is new interesting characters. It's too late to develop Aaron Heath Gabriel or fucking MAGNA, but with all out war 2.0 coming soon, you really gotta wonder who the fuck is gonna die. If say, Michonne + Jesus die, that leaves the core group with Rick Carl Maggie Andrea Eugene. That's 5 fucking characters left.

The only character Kirkman developped since #100 is Negan(I guess you could also say Eugene but honestly, nah.) He failed with Magna and her crew, failed with Lydia and failed with Alpha. So this 'Beta' dude ? Yeah, not holding my breath.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    the story has gotten stale and been stale for a while and there's just no saving it. it almost doesn't even matter who dies now. i just hope Carl doesn't take over as the main character, that would just be freakin' awful.

Kirkman had potential with Magna but he fucking blew it by throwing her into the background shortly after she was introduced. what a waste.

honestly the only way to salvage the series now is to kill off practically everyone except for magna and a handful of others and then just start the survival story all over with her. but delusional kirkman won't do that because he somehow thinks the shitty tv show will still keep going for 10+ seasons.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Man I couldn't agree more, the comic is what kept me during season suck (season 6) now this war is rushed, communities turning on each other, the only way to salvage this comic is killing Rick, and showing how muc they needed him as the glue of these communities...while I don't agree with that per say I feel that's the only way to close this story

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Sorry I know this is kind of an old thread, but wanted to weigh in based on what we've seen so far:

Survive: Rick

Die: Andrea (the first "major loss" for our heroes during the actual war), Maggie, Siddiq, Earl, Negan, Beta, Most of the Whisperers, Dante, Dwight, Many redshirt Saviors, HillTop, Kingdom and Alexandrians

50/50 : Lydia (killed by Sophia), Sophia (killed by Lydia), Carl (causing Sophia/Lydia to kill the other), Lil' Hershel (if Maggie goes so does he), Jesus (a sudden "shocker" death), Michonne (another possible "shocker" death), Magna, Others in Magna's group, Eugene, Heath

Totally Destroyed communities: The Hilltop, The Kingdom, The Whisperers

New Arrivals: Eugene's Radio Contacts - will wind up being friendly (turning the tide of the battle in favor of Alexandria) or foe (will come in after the war is over and try to take over the community).

The rest that aren't already dead will probably be okay.

Kirkman mentioend something along the lines of this being very brutal in terms of losses, so I'm expecting some major characters to die.

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Level
    I think we only lose 1 of the Michonne, Andrea, Maggie group. I just don't see them killing off two major bad ass female characters after killing Alpha just a few issues back. I do expect some major deaths in the near future though. This war has gone well (with the exception of the last issue) so far for the Communities. Future cover arts seem to indicate otherwise though.

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm thinking either Andrea or Michonne will bite it, not both though. Leaning towards Andrea.

Heath, Vincent, Sophia, Earl Sutton, Brianna, Annie and Siddiq could also die at any point and otherwise not change the story line in anyway.

Beta is the only one I'm 100% on dying.

I think most of the casualties are gonna be from Alexandria. Eugene could die but I don't think he will until he gets the group on their way to the group in Ohio.

I thought Dwight was a goner but now that Sherry is leading the saviors I think he'll survive the whisperer war so he can kill Sherry and die in that conflict.

I think due to Jesus' appearance on Telltale Walking Dead season 3 and the Telltale Michonne story that both of them will survive the Whisperer war. After that who knows.

I also thought Maggie was a goner but I think her and Hershel jr. are gonna be fine. If she was gonna die she would've died with The Hilltop. But seeing as how the whole god damn place burned down with next to no casualties somehow, they're gonna be a-ok.

I have no fucking clue what Kirky plans to do with Magna and Co. and I doubt he does either lol

The savior uprising pretty much guarantees that Negan will survive the whisperer war. I honestly doubt he'll die in the encounter with the saviors either. He'll bite the dust after all the other communities collapse and they're on the road. Negan's my favorite character so that's fine with me lol

I bet Rick and Negan will die around issue 200 so Carl can take over leadership and be the lead (not super looking forward to that). Carl will lead on until the bitter end (cancellation or Kirky dies of a massive heart attack).

As for The Kingdom? If they were never mentioned again I probably wouldn't notice. But I'm sure we won't be that lucky. Either Michonne gets sent over there for some side story bullshit or they'll come across The Kingdom completely destroyed and everyone dead to which Rick will respond with "Huh." And move on. That is, if Alexandria DOES get destroyed/overrun. At this point if Kirky just straight up lied and the whisperers don't even make it to Alexandria I wouldn't be surprised.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    605 Post(s)
    Level
    Maggie isn't gonna die for a while I don't think. I also think that would be the last straw. Maggie & Hershel are basically the last bit of hope there is left (specially with no Judith in the comic) and they are also Glenn's legacy (Other than Rick and Coral he's probably the most important character in TWD comic history that isn't a villain). If Maggie died before Negan it would just ruin everything.

I'm not saying Maggie will make it to the end but I think she will at least make it to issue 200 or further. It would be nice if she at least lived long enough till Hershel was able to take care of himself.

But also, Rick isn't going to be around much longer. They need to have at least a few OG characters around and it doesn't seem like there is a whole lot planned for Andrea, Sophia or Michonne so maybe it will be them. That leaves Maggie, Coral and Eugene for big OG characters to survive. WOW. We really are running low on characters that have been around for at least 100 issues. I think Aaron is getting VERY close to being around for 100 issues but who knows how long he'll last.

After Aaron, It's Heath (though I think he's dead within the next few issues), then it won't be for a while but in like 2 years Jesus will be over the 100 issue mark. Dwight not far after that. I don't think Negan will see 100 issues, he'd have to survive till issue 200 for that. lol.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast