Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Level

How Would You React if Negan Were Gay?

I'm curious to see how people would react considering that the only hint of Negan's heterosexuality was an inaudible "He likes them willing" in Always Accountable. What if the writers really didn't follow the source material and decided to make Negan a homosexual? He wouldn't be flamboyantly gay, but certainly gay.

Personally, I wouldn't mind, and I think they could do well writing him. There have already been a few badass-type homosexual characters on TV, hero and villain, such as Omar Little from The Wire and Isaak Sirko from Dexter. Unless Jeffrey Dean Morgan gains at least 25 lbs of muscle I won't be able to buy him as the physically imposing beast that the comics make him out to be. He could be an unconventional leader who strikes fear in his followers through his charisma and brutality alone, not physical intimidation.

Obviously the level of quality writing expected would be a factor in response.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    But everyone knew her as Nancy Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1270 Post(s)
    Level
    Interesting question that might also explain why Daryl was taken. That would definitely be a "hard left turn", although I'm not so sure that phrase wasn't forgotten as soon as it was uttered.

That would also raise the question about Dwight's facial injuries and what might have been the fate of his wife (if that woman in the woods with him was his wife).

I'm indifferent about his sexuality, but it would be interesting just in terms of deviating (no pun intended, seriously!) from the comics.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Level
    I wouldn't give a fuck but the last thing I need to hear is complaints about this show becoming too "PC" from the dude-bros.

Im not a comic reader but doesn't he have a harem? Not sure how that would work out if he were gay. I mean, he could have a bunch of husbands but I dont see that happening. Could be interesting.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    Much would depend on the presentation. Dexter did a great job with Isaac Sirko. Just going to be real here with no apologies. I will never be ok with male on male sex on my screen. I don't even enjoy shows that have too much heterosexual scenes. Just not my thing. I've stopped watching show because of it a few times. If they were to remix Negan's wives with a bunch of guys it would probably be the tipping point for me to stop watching.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level
    Lucille might get jealous.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    Interesting question that might also explain why Daryl was taken. That would definitely be a "hard left turn", although I'm not so sure that phrase wasn't forgotten as soon as it was uttered.
    Hmm, Negan kidnapping Daryl with the intent of making him one of his husbands would be pretty crazy. They could even spin it so the background car during the No Way Out explosion had Negan as a passenger.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by HateForTheMasses View Post
    Much would depend on the presentation. Dexter did a great job with Isaac Sirko. Just going to be real here with no apologies. I will never be ok with male on male sex on my screen. I don't even enjoy shows that have too much heterosexual scenes. Just not my thing. I've stopped watching show because of it a few times. If they were to remix Negan's wives with a bunch of guys it would probably be the tipping point for me to stop watching.
    Agree -- there used to be a thing called dramatic writing, which demanded creativity, wit and plot building, without the sexual lynch pin.
    This would just be another example of cheap writing, catering to prurient interests. Give me some good old drama.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Level
    First off it wouldnt matter, second if he was no way would he wear those pants with that jacket.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    I'd be fine with it but I'd be also a little annoyed because no sexy sex scenes with JDM.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ƊҽαɗłƴƝίɠɦƚʂɦαɗҽ View Post
    I'd be fine with it but I'd be also a little annoyed because no sexy sex scenes with JDM.
    I keep confusing you with @Shane's Addiction, thanks to your new avi. XD It was only when I took a proper look at your DE sig that I thought, "Wait a minute."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast