1. Back To Top    #501
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    So did Aeron Greyjoy die?

Euron said that he and Yara were the last Greyjoys. Obviously we know Theon is alive but Aeron should still be alive too.
    yes...apparently we are supposed to 'just know' that Aeron is dead (even if he isn't dead in the books https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Aeron_Greyjoy) and also that Euron captains a ship full of mutes...that is in the books about him cutting out everyone's tongue but it wasn't exactly clear in the show...At least I don't think most people got that line he gave to Cersei in S8.1...

2. Back To Top    #502
    Status
    "We could arrange to have you carried." AdamUpBxtch's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Level

Euron said that he and Yara were the last Greyjoys. Obviously we know Theon is alive but Aeron should still be alive too.
    Guess so. Which is hilarious that once again another member of a major house dies off screen. *cough*Blackfish*cough*. Which is a joke....

3. Back To Top    #503
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1242 Post(s)
    Level

If he's dead, I completely missed any reference to it on the show. He presided over the "election" of Euron over Yara, but that's the last I recall even hearing of him.

4. Back To Top    #504
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1242 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranna156 View Post
    I think there is a deeper meaning there, regardless of what the show portrays. The show skips a lot of things, ignores other things, and kills off people/creatures that are still alive...they did this even before they surpassed the books...are you a book reader Beatrice? I am torn on whether or not to recommend them since they aren't finished...but they are so much better than the show and there is so much more to them. These are not beach novels...there is A LOT there. If you are interested in watching some of Preston's theory videos, i would highly recommend the Genetics of Dragons & War...he uses some very basic genetics on birthing dragons...it is very interesting. Whether or not that is what George had in mind...who knows...or even if we will ever get an explanation on how dragons are birthed, but I was entertained.

Some others i have enjoyed:

• Littlefinger Debt Scheme
    • The Pink Letter
    • Dreams of a Red Door
    • Dragonless Ambitions

These ones, I don't think you need to have necessarily read the books to appreciate what he proposes. But it has been a while on some of them, so maybe I am wrong.

I don't think Jorah would try to usurp Lyanna's position given that he didn't even want the Valerian steel sword that has been in his family for a very long time.
    Yes, I did read the books. I'd recommend them with the caveat that GRRM hasn't finished them and probably won't.

After thinking about it I don't think Jorah would try to usurp Lyanna's position, either, unless it could have an effect on how northern resources are allocated to benefit either Jon or Dany if conflict erupts between them. House Mormont doesn't have a lot of resources, but if it has influence over the other houses, then who knows.

What will the main point of the final season be: the defeat of the North or the overthrow of the Lannister throne with the answer of who gets to occupy it? There's time for both in the remaining episodes, but how much will individual loyalties such as Jorah and Tyrion (who I see being more conflicted than Jorah) come into play?

5. Back To Top    #505
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Level
    Same here...or more accurately I got the impression that Nymeria was the alpha and they were regular wolves who followed her. Essentially, Nymeria had formed her own pack because the Starks booted her out of theirs. I would really love it if we got a Ghost & Nymeria re-union too!
    Yes, I think that also - sorry, I should have specified. She certainly appeared to be the alpha in the scene we saw. And I would love to see a Ghost/Nymeria reunion! Hopefully he survives the Night King's attack on Winterfell (assuming that happens) & they see each other as the Northern armies head south to King's Landing.

Finally! It dawned on me why exactly Cersei annoyed me so bad on the premiere. I remember watching the 'making of LoTR' DVD's...also read those books...but basically one of the big differences was the way Faramir was portrayed. In the books, he wouldn't touch the ring with a ten-foot pole. He was very educated concerning it. They explained that they changed Faramir in the movies because if he had said what he did in the books 'i could see it on the street and would walk right on by' basically takes away ALL the power of the Ring. The whole movie series is ALL about this power the ring wields and the draw it has on the people it comes in contact with. This is exactly what happened in GoT. Cersei said 'good' to the Wall coming down (key Pink Floyd). Sorry night king and white walkers...you just lost all your power! She is definitely portrayed as thinking she is smarter than she is, but a complete fucking idiot isn't her. Seriously, you have to be dumber than Moon Boy to not be concerned about the FUCKING WALL coming down!
    I really think that she thinks both armies are going to wipe each other out & all she'll have to do is send a small force out from King's Landing to clean up the leftovers. I can't imagine any other reason she wouldn't be afraid of the Night King's army of undead. Cause you're right, she isn't a fucking idiot.

6. Back To Top    #506
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    Yes, I did read the books. I'd recommend them with the caveat that GRRM hasn't finished them and probably won't.

After thinking about it I don't think Jorah would try to usurp Lyanna's position, either, unless it could have an effect on how northern resources are allocated to benefit either Jon or Dany if conflict erupts between them. House Mormont doesn't have a lot of resources, but if it has influence over the other houses, then who knows.

What will the main point of the final season be: the defeat of the North or the overthrow of the Lannister throne with the answer of who gets to occupy it? There's time for both in the remaining episodes, but how much will individual loyalties such as Jorah and Tyrion (who I see being more conflicted than Jorah) come into play?
    I think they will do both. Like Jamie said, there will be a winner and whoever it is, will head to KL.

I wonder if the Golden Company will turn on Cersei if Dany pays them more.

7. Back To Top    #507
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiet One View Post
    Yes, I think that also - sorry, I should have specified. She certainly appeared to be the alpha in the scene we saw. And I would love to see a Ghost/Nymeria reunion! Hopefully he survives the Night King's attack on Winterfell (assuming that happens) & they see each other as the Northern armies head south to King's Landing.

I really think that she thinks both armies are going to wipe each other out & all she'll have to do is send a small force out from King's Landing to clean up the leftovers. I can't imagine any other reason she wouldn't be afraid of the Night King's army of undead. Cause you're right, she isn't a fucking idiot.
    Yes I agree...I just don't think the writers should have showed her being happy over the wall coming down. It made the threat seem less to me.

8. Back To Top    #508
    Status
    Singing Sweet Home Alabama all summer long Sassenach's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Level

9. Back To Top    #509
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Level
    Better than last week, but still not particularly great. The dialogue in this episode was pretty bad, almost made me feel like I was watching Gimple era TWD.

Next week though...

10. Back To Top    #510
    Status
    Singing Sweet Home Alabama all summer long Sassenach's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Level

Page 51 of 98 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast