1231 Post(s)
    Level

2. Back To Top    #462
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Level
    I liked it. I really enjoyed the new opening and how it starts from the wall and also how it goes down into the buildings like Winterfell crypts and The Red Keep, showing the thing that is supposed to kill dragons right across from Balerion the Dread!

I knew it was going to be a reunion episode and I thought it was really nice to see them take the time to show the various re-unions. I really liked that they gave the big ones some one on one time too...Arya-Jon, Sam-Jon, Sansa-Tyrion, Arya-Gendry...excited to see Jamie and Bran's first interaction too.

I am really glad they had Arya not be there with the rest of the family when Jon arrived, I liked their reunion scene all by themselves by the heart tree.

It was heartbreaking watching Sam learn about his father and brother (especially brother).

I know a lot of people wanted to see Jon as a dragon rider but that bit was probably the most boring for me and Dany got on my nerves with her 'smarter than thou' attitude about it.

Sansa and other northerners were also kind of annoying with their stupid non-sense. How about focusing on the problem that made Jon give up his crown. Like Bran said - there isn't time for this shit...

Glad they didn't waste a lot of time on Yara's rescue. I do wonder if we will see her again and/or if the crew will need to retreat to the Iron Islands for a breather before heading down to KL (assuming they go there and there isn't a clear winner at the battle of Winterfell)

Cersei and Euron - Ugh...at least they are both kind of entertaining to watch...

I loved the part when the nights watch crews run into each other and Dolores Ed is like - "he has blue eyes"...I was cracking up.

Also, I really liked that they didn't drag out telling Jon about his parentage. It was sweet that it was right in front of his mother's statue too. I do wonder, if Sam and Bran told Arya and Sansa about his true parentage...I really liked that line that Arya gave Jon about remembering that they were his family so I would think so, but maybe not.

Welcome back @AdamUpBxtch! @Anton69 - are you from Philly? It has been a long time since i was in a wawa's but I only ever saw them in and near philly...wasn't sure if they are elsewhere...

I got my Oreo's like a week ago, but they are not the ones in the GoT bag...i just had seen and posted that video and was craving them LOL

3. Back To Top    #463
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Level
    Solid episode. Kinda needed to happen to set up all the big events.

That said, it easily could've been split in to 2 episodes. Theon rescuing Yara was way too rushed.

4. Back To Top    #464
    Status
    A Bargain at Twice the Price! Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1231 Post(s)
    Level
    I believe we are down to two direwolves now, Ghost and Nymeria. I don't know of what, if any significance that is, but I ponder it nonetheless. Sorry, my Tyrion voice has taken over my keyboard.

5. Back To Top    #465
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    I saw this crazy tv show the other night. It was kinda like Game of Thrones, but every scene had really unfunny dialogue and forced, petty drama, with a climax that was ripped off from a fan-made How to Train Your Dragon erotica.

It was pretty telling when they opened with the shallowest conversation ever between two of the most complex characters

6. Back To Top    #466
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Golvina View Post
    I saw this crazy tv show the other night. It was kinda like Game of Thrones, but every scene had really unfunny dialogue and forced, petty drama, with a climax that was ripped off from a fan-made How to Train Your Dragon erotica.

It was pretty telling when they opened with the shallowest conversation ever between two of the most complex characters
    This reminds me that I heard that LoTR is doing a show from the second age (what the trilogy and movies era was is the third age). It reminded me of GoT doing a series that takes place earlier...everyone has to copy the GoT!

@Beatrice - Interesting that you mention the two dire-wolves that are left. I know some book readers think the fact that in the books (so far, excluding Sansa) that the death of a dire-wolf means the death of the associated Stark kid and vice versa. Summer & Shaggy Dog are still alive in the books as is Rickon. Some people theorize that because Sansa's wolf was executed, that it doesn't bode well for her. Others think that Ned took the place of Sansa and was executed for Lady instead. Who knows...I really hope though that Summer being killed in the show isn't foreshadowing his death! Personally, I think the reason Summer was killed was just HBO trying to save money on the CG so they could put more of it into the dragons. It could be made to fit the story-line to not show Ghost. However, it would have been difficult to explain that Summer was never around on their trek from the other side of the wall back to Winterfell if he was still alive.

Spoiler Spoiler:

7. Back To Top    #467
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Level
    I thought this was a good Q & A over some of the things. There is a painfully funny clip of Kit Harrington talking about the Dragon Joy Ride scene...ouch! Beware of possible spoilers...also he mentions a bonus 7th episode! Say whaaaat!!!! YAY!

8. Back To Top    #468
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Level
    Here is another you-tuber i like to watch concerning GoT stuff. This is her review of episode 1...i tend to agree with her more than i disagree.

9. Back To Top    #469
    Status
    A Bargain at Twice the Price! Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1231 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranna156 View Post
    This reminds me that I heard that LoTR is doing a show from the second age (what the trilogy and movies era was is the third age). It reminded me of GoT doing a series that takes place earlier...everyone has to copy the GoT!

@Beatrice - Interesting that you mention the two dire-wolves that are left. I know some book readers think the fact that in the books (so far, excluding Sansa) that the death of a dire-wolf means the death of the associated Stark kid and vice versa. Summer & Shaggy Dog are still alive in the books as is Rickon. Some people theorize that because Sansa's wolf was executed, that it doesn't bode well for her. Others think that Ned took the place of Sansa and was executed for Lady instead. Who knows...I really hope though that Summer being killed in the show isn't foreshadowing his death! Personally, I think the reason Summer was killed was just HBO trying to save money on the CG so they could put more of it into the dragons. It could be made to fit the story-line to not show Ghost. However, it would have been difficult to explain that Summer was never around on their trek from the other side of the wall back to Winterfell if he was still alive.

Spoiler Spoiler:
    First of all, thanks for those two videos reviewing 8.01. Your avatar next to the clips was just perfect!

I've not visited any sites of GoT book readers, but I had the same thoughts about the living/dead direwolves and their owners but never gave any thought to Ned's death serving as surrogate to Sansa's. Nice.

I think we got the answer to Summer/Bran, but since I can't remember if it was in the episode or the preview, I'll put that in spoiler tag:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm partially through season 7 in my binge, and I got to rewatch the scene where Arya encounters Nymeria. It looks like Nymeria has her own brood now, as the other dogs looked much smaller - as if they were only pups. If what you report about the significance of the direwolves to their owners is correct, and I think it might be, Nymeria is the only direwolf to procreate. Does this suggest that Arya will be the mother of a dynasty? Who knows. With a six episode season, it's hard to see them going that far into the future, but one never knows.

10. Back To Top    #470
    Status
    Identifying as an Attack Helicopter AdamUpBxtch's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    695 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranna156 View Post

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Yes Amazon is creating a prequel LOTR tv show which is set to cost over a billion dollars to create.

If you people want quality GoT youtubers I have a few suggestions.
    Westeros History: This couple knows their book and history lore through and through. Their analyzes of each episode comparing it to the book material is fantastic.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheHistoryofwesteros
    Preston Jacobs: Preston knows his book stuff as well and his crazy theories are very entertaining and get you thinking.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXU...Wd6tAHYO8g9vAA
    Smokescreen: Chris has some great theories and knows his shit as well.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZZ...4lui8eLmoV8ICw
    RedTeamReview: Carmine and Preston do a podcast together after each episode and it's good stuff.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/XIIICarmine

I just wanna say that the one scene in this episode that I felt was lack luster was how they handled Jon's first time riding a dragon. Not even knowing hes a Targaryen yet or anything Daenerys just says "hop on". It felt out of place to me. Would of made more sense for his first time riding Rhaegel to be in the midst of battle escaping from the White Walkers.

Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast