220 Post(s)
    Level

2. Back To Top    #552
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Level
    One of the best hour and a halves of tv I’ve ever watched. Now if only I could’ve seen anything.

3. Back To Top    #553
    Status
    "We could arrange to have you carried." AdamUpBxtch's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Level
    What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.

Pouring one out for my boy Theon

4. Back To Top    #554
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1242 Post(s)
    Level
    OMG. OMFG. Holy Toledo. Wow.

Best episode of television I think I have ever seen. I'll give that some thought after I rewatch.

5. Back To Top    #555
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1242 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Diseman81 View Post
    One of the best hour and a halves of tv I’ve ever watched. Now if only I could’ve seen anything.
    You're not alone. https://popculture.com/tv-shows/2019...kP85vYb4-1uznI

6. Back To Top    #556
    Status
    Singing Sweet Home Alabama all summer long Sassenach's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Level

7. Back To Top    #557
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Level
    Sit back and just look at the development of Arya versus Sansa.

8. Back To Top    #558
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Level
    Another great episode...glad it was Arya in the end who took him. Question for everyone: What the hell was Bran doing the whole time? Did he send those ravens/crows somewhere?

9. Back To Top    #559
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Level
    Jaysus christ. I just finished it. I am exhausted. It's been a really long time since I felt that way during a TV show.

Overall it was good. I really didn't think they could pull it all off in 1 episode to the point where if they wanted 2 episodes out of it I'm not sure what else they could've done. Maybe chase them to King's Landing but I think it was probably important for winter to fall at winterfell with all the Starks there and Ned's sword being reunited there in Winterfell to help fight them and lets face it Bran isn't exactly easy to move on the run and to defeat them they needed a stronghold. Had that happened on a battlefield it would've been over in minutes. And 120 minutes of pure action with very little dialogue was probably enough time. No movie gets that time. And it's also not the first time Jon has faced the White Walkers so they already had wins going in to it.

Arya being the one to kill the Night King doesn't bother me too much. Would've been nice for it to be Jon but he at least kept Viserion busy most of the battle which kept the dragon from burning everyone else. I suppose Arya needed that as she spent most of the show training for that moment something that didn't really make sense until you saw it happen.

The only thing I can really nitpick is there was not a super major death. I mean, sure, lots of deaths and I'm definitely happy with the ones that died but no Starks died. No Targaryens died. No Lannisters died. I don't even think a dragon died because in the preview it looked like the 2 dragons were still alive. Jorah and Theon were the biggest deaths. Not saying they aren't big characters but they weren't really game changer deaths if that makes sense.

Something that did bug me now that I think of it is that Edd is basically dead because Sam refused to stay in the crypts. Edd got distracted trying to help Sam and that led to his death.

I'm pretty sure House Mormont is officially extinct now though.

Oh and what the hell happened to Ghost? we saw him running and that was it. Speaking of that, I legit burst out laughing when the Dothraki went down like they were nothing. They were built up to be this major threat. The greatest fighters out there. A huge part of Dany's story too. And they literally had their weapons on fire so it made it feel like something big was gonna happen and nope. RIP. It was excellent and made the dead seem like such a huge threat.

The one good thing about the White Walkers being wrapped up in one episode is that we now get 3 more episodes which means the ending at least shouldn't feel as rushed now.

10. Back To Top    #560
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1242 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranna156 View Post
    Another great episode...glad it was Arya in the end who took him. Question for everyone: What the hell was Bran doing the whole time? Did he send those ravens/crows somewhere?
    He said, "I have to go," and warged on out. All I could tell was that the raven he warged into was able to see where the Night King was. Perhaps all Bran was doing was reconnoissance to see where NK was. At the time, until we saw he'd returned, so to speak, to the Godswood, I thought his plan was to warg into a different three eyed raven leaving Bran 9000 an out of commission body.

I did like the looks exchanged between him and the Night King. The actor playing NK and the people who made him up should get Emmy's. Here's a STUNT MAN with nary a single word of dialogue, heavily made up, who managed to convey a lot through the way he carried himself, body movement, and very subtle changes in facial expression. Those fake eyeballs of his conveyed a lot.

I was thrilled to see Arya do the takedown.

Question: I don't recall Arya and Melisandra interacting before this episode. What was their connection?

Page 56 of 98 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast