Page 70 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #691
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamUpBxtch View Post
    Also being reminded of this scene just makes me think about them stating in the books that ballistas can't penetrate dragon armor as dragon's scales harden as they grow older. Rhaenys' dragon Meraxes was only killed by the Dornish because they got got a lucky shot in it's eye.
    I forgot about that! Thanks for the reminder...so basically no way did Viscerian die like that either in the books? Do you happen to have a quote or know which book that it is stated in?

2. Back To Top    #692
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Jon has more to do than Dany. Her entire story is just her standing there with her dragons while everyone else does stuff.

And I think his point with Ghost is that Ghost wouldn't have even enjoyed being in Winterfell either. He would've hated King's Landing but he also would've hated being in Winterfell. Direwolves aren't meant to be house pets. They said that in the first episode of the series. The only reason they lasted so long is because of the adventure all the Stark kids have been on throughout the show.

The direwolf is the sigil of house Stark so I don't know where you are getting these thoughts that the direwolf wouldn't enjoy being in that area. The mother was found not to far from Winterfell to begin with...Also, I don't think the problem is so much that he didn't want Ghost to go to KL but that there wasn't a decent farewell to the poor wolf. I will laugh if Tormund can't get the wolf to go North and he tracks Jon down to KL...and probably saves his life again.

3. Back To Top    #693
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1241 Post(s)
    Level

And I think his point with Ghost is that Ghost wouldn't have even enjoyed being in Winterfell either. He would've hated King's Landing but he also would've hated being in Winterfell. Direwolves aren't meant to be house pets. They said that in the first episode of the series. The only reason they lasted so long is because of the adventure all the Stark kids have been on throughout the show.

Now that it's all over the Direwolves no longer serve a purpose. It looks bad on Jon because he's the only one that still has one with him but none of them were house pets. If they were still in Winterfell they probably would've been sent away eventually too. At least Jon gave Ghost to one of his closest friends that Ghost would be happy with. Someone that lives in the wild.

Could be worse. Could be how Nymeria got treated.

And for those that say Jon doesn't care about Ghost, I think the only reason he didn't bring Ghost with him to King's Landing is because after seeing what Ghost went through in the last battle he doesn't want to risk him dying.
    Wolves and dogs are pack animals, though. Domesticated dogs will insert themselves into human packs. Ghost and the others lived without benefit of wolf packs, were domesticated enough to be allowed indoors, and clearly thrived in the company of their adopted packs. A dog will be "happy" wherever its pack is. Heck, there are homeless people with dogs. Would they be happier in a home? Maybe, but not without their fellow pack members. Sure they can and do adapt to new locations and new owners (alphas), but I don't think you can support Jon's giving up Ghost by asserting Ghost wouldn't be happy in Kings Landing or Winterfell.

Look at Nymeria. When Arya encountered her, Nymeria had joined a pack. It's what they do. BTW, Nymeria was found further south than Winterfell. Had she felt the call to go north, she would have.

The whole point is the wolf/dog would rather be with its pack, wherever that pack may be, than in a more ideal (if it is) locale.

Tormund will probably treat Ghost well, and Ghost will adapt; but Jon should have given that baby some goodbye love.

4. Back To Top    #694
    Status
    "We could arrange to have you carried." AdamUpBxtch's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranna156 View Post
    I forgot about that! Thanks for the reminder...so basically no way did Viscerian die like that either in the books? Do you happen to have a quote or know which book that it is stated in?
    I can't find the actual source of the quote but apparently this is what GRRM had to say on the matter

5. Back To Top    #695
    Status
    Singing Sweet Home Alabama all summer long Sassenach's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Level
    Possible spoilers. Just some stuff I saw on reddit. While these are not confirmed, apparently they posted spoilers about other episodes this season that turned out to be true. But take them with a grain of salt.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm not sure how some of these would work given where we are in things on the show, but others I could see. I guess we will find out over the last 2 episodes.

There are a lot more possible spoilers posted on that page.

If you discuss them here, make sure you tag any spoilers you post because some don't want the episodes spoiled for them.

6. Back To Top    #696
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1241 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't think Cersei's pregnancy has anything to do with it. He knew she was preggers when he decided to stay North and Cersei still had him try to be killed even though she is supposed to be pregnant with his child? Doesn't add up to me. I do agree with @Quiet One that Brienne's tears were because she thought he was going to his death...it is pretty much what she said too...that they were going to burn that city. If Jamie is going to 'rescue' Cersei then that makes no sense either...how he ever thought Dany would let her live after the betrayal and lies...I have no idea. Unless he thought Tyrion could persuade her not to kill Cersei...
    I'm still thinking about this. I just rewatched the opening scene in episode 2 where Jaime stands before Dany and the Winterfell group.

Dany to Jaime: Why are you here?

Jaime: This is about more than loyalty. This is about survival.

Okay, with survival out of the way, is he reverting to loyalty? I don't know, but I still don't think he's running off just to be on the winning side. Like I said, I think he has something else up his sleeve, and the pregnancy may mean nothing at all to him, especially since, with Euron around, he seems to be back in the same fatherhood situation he was with Robert Baratheon in the picture.

I agree that Brienne's tears are because she sees Jaime going off to his death, but I think they are more than that. She loves him, and as sensible as she is, she's human, and hurt. It can be both. There was just something unnecessarily cruel in his words to her that caused me to think he was deliberately pushing her away. Perhaps for her own safety, and perhaps not.

I thought Tormund headed up to Castle Black until the storms had passed? Maybe i misunderstood...if they are snowed in, how are their people leaving to head south? I agree that I could see Brienne heading South to participate, but she might also choose to stay with Sansa. I could see it going either way.

If Tormund mentioned waiting out the winter storms at Castle Black, I missed it. It's not what I heard when he said his goodbye to John, but maybe he said it later.

I could see Sam heading back to his place or maybe he heads North with Gilly as she is from the True North? If he is heading South why not hitch a ride with the Dragon Queen on her ships or head down with Jon and his army on foot? Horn Hill is south of KL
    https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Horn_Hill...he has a very long way to travel! Or are he and Gilly going to stay at Winterfell for the time being? It really wasn't clear to me what their plans were exactly...
    I think he'll return to his mother and sister. He's a cerebral guy, which with the lack of physical prowess got him sent to Castle Black in the first place, who can run the business of his family's house. Gilley's never said anything about wanting to go back north. I think she's happy wherever Sam is.

As for Sam and Tormund, it could be we'll never know if the remainder of the show is set in Kings Landing. It is probably the case that Sam has just been written out. It's a little less likely that Tormund has been, but guaranteed if we learn he's left Winterfell or we never see Winterfell again.

7. Back To Top    #697
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Level
    The direwolf is the sigil of house Stark so I don't know where you are getting these thoughts that the direwolf wouldn't enjoy being in that area. The mother was found not to far from Winterfell to begin with...
    The hell does a sigil have to do with anything? I didn't see Robert getting drunk with any stags.

And I never said in that area. I was talking about inside Winterfell itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekbones View Post
    If you had a dog you'd understand.
    I have a dog.

8. Back To Top    #698
    Status
    beautiful and brilliant Cheekbones's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Level
    Yeah i am upset over it. Ghost is a character who has saved Jon's life on numerous occasions and has been in the series since S1 episode 1...and this is going to be his final scene? He is probably in his geriatric years by now and has been raised in castles his entire life. He is missing an ear, and Jon wants to send him away to the wilds of the True North and not even give him a pat on the head goodbye? It is BS!

It is even more irritating that the show can fan service Jon & Dany hooking up (and then un-hook them based on that they are related...probably just so that all the characters can end in the same place that they will in the books...which says to me that if they don't get married at the end, then them hooking up to begin with was pure fanfiction/fan service on D&D's part), can have Ayra and Gendry hook-up just cause and have a marriage proposal that is rejected, have Jamie and Brienne hook-up then un-hook-up because he needs to be in KL at the end (again I am assuming these chess pieces need to be at certain places by the end to "match" the books), but they can't give us a decent re-union or farewell to Ghost? It is BS and I would have rather watched a few scenes between Jon and Ghost rather than any of the 'what appears to be fan service type of scenes' I mentioned above.
    The direwolves are bonded to them like Summer and Nymeria having difficulty leaving Bran and Arya. Yet this bastard just disposes of Ghost like he means nothing. Jon has always come across as an disloyal, unfaithful oathbreaker who likes to preach about loyalty and honesty. The character is what I describe as a Good PersonTM (i.e. actually a piece of shit).

Agreed about those scenes being fan service. In addition, the episode seemed rife with duplicate conversations. I haven't re-watched it but Tyrion and Varys had the same conversation 2 or 3 times with only marginally different dialogue. Some scenes were also characters describing conversations they had that we had already seen in a way that was unnecessarily repetitive. But no time for Ghost I suppose.

9. Back To Top    #699
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Level
    The hell does a sigil have to do with anything? I didn't see Robert getting drunk with any stags.

And I never said in that area. I was talking about inside Winterfell itself.

I have a dog.
    Oh i misunderstood what you meant then because i never saw the Stark kids keep the wolves caged or anything. They were always given the chance to hunt and/or come and go as they pleased outside of whatever castle or dwelling the Stark kid was staying in at the time (as long as it was safe to do so)...and in my opinion they could have left at any point if they would have rather been out in the wild. Ghost hasn't been shown to have any issues thus far staying in any of the castles (including Winterfell where he was for all of Jon's S7 adventures and Castle Black for a lot of Jon's time in the NW)...so we are right back to my initial statement that I don't see where these thoughts of yours that Ghost wouldn't be happy/isn't happy in Winterfell are coming from. Point me to where that has been indicated in the show or books and maybe I will re-think my position on the matter. I agree that it wouldn't be appropriate to take him to KL.

10. Back To Top    #700
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheekbones View Post
    The direwolves are bonded to them like Summer and Nymeria having difficulty leaving Bran and Arya. Yet this bastard just disposes of Ghost like he means nothing. Jon has always come across as an disloyal, unfaithful oathbreaker who likes to preach about loyalty and honesty. The character is what I describe as a Good PersonTM (i.e. actually a piece of shit).

Agreed about those scenes being fan service. In addition, the episode seemed rife with duplicate conversations. I haven't re-watched it but Tyrion and Varys had the same conversation 2 or 3 times with only marginally different dialogue. Some scenes were also characters describing conversations they had that we had already seen in a way that was unnecessarily repetitive. But no time for Ghost I suppose.
    agree...and although the show never did it, part of that bond is what seems to allow the Stark kids to warg into their respective wolf.

Page 70 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast