Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomis210 View Post
    Two clips of episode 4 have leaked.

Did not exepect any of that to happpen holy shit lol
    Why do people post this without the clips?

2. Back To Top    #632
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    My sense was that Sam's pride put him in the battle. I sensed that he wanted to be a bigger man in Gilly's eyes, and he also wanted to prove to himself and his compatriots that he was a man as they (and his father) would define it. His pride got Dolorous Edd killed, and the only reason Sam lived was because he cowered and sniveled on the ground someplace where he didn't get noticed by the wights.

I think the reason people do what they do on this show is a huge part of the story. Whatever plotlines and protagonists exist, no story would be possible without the presence of the flawed human element acting within, and defying, the norms of their time.
    I thought it was by accident...that he was handed a couple of weapons and decided to join the fray...he is still a brother of the nights-watch afterall...

3. Back To Top    #633
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheekbones View Post
    I had watched part of this video and it's spot on. It blows my mind how bad the battle turned out because the one thing that these D&D hacks managed to do well while the quality of storytelling and character development was deteriorating over the past 3 seasons was good battle scenes. The second the Dothraki horde began charging into the dark sea of zombies it was obvious they dropped the ball hard going for visuals over a good battle strategy. The fact that a huge line of fire bigger than that fucking pitiful trench catapulting fire from behind that wasn't their FIRST line of defence showed that they didn't learn anything from their past encounters with the army of the dead and that they lacked common sense to begin with. The whole battle strategy should have been designed over NOT increasing the army of the undead, not feeding your cavalry to them to increase their numbers right away and positioning your infantry outside the walls. Yes, eventually Viserion would destroy a castle wall but that was also something they should have been prepared for considering their minimal use of the dragons at the beginning anyway. Every single shot of this battle was so bad that I struggled to find even ONE good thing about it.

I have also said since S5 that D&D don't give a fuck about prophecy, they don't give a fuck about the overarching themes of the show, they don't give a fuck about developing characters that they don't like. But no. These fucking mongoloids that started watching from S6 onward because "dragons!" "battles!" "ships! (no, not the iron fleet, their fucking "the feels" ships) have managed to overpower the voices of fans that love the show and books because of the story and the world created in it. As a result, this is the final product we get because D&D love pandering to them. Thank you, you fucks. Thank you for contributing to the destruction of my favourite show.

As a side note, the awful dialogue in this show with awful editing superimposed on it makes it nearly unrecognizable from the first 4 seasons. Now we get scripts that sound like fan fiction.
    I agree 100%...i still enjoy the show, but I really try to separate the the books from the...they have become two entirely different stories especially since they ran out of source material.

4. Back To Top    #634
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamUpBxtch View Post
    D&D already stated that "they" (not GRRM) came up with Arya killing the night king 3 years prior. Plus the NK doesn't exist in the books so how they defeat the others in the books will already be different anyways. I don't have a problem with Arya having a hand in defeating the others, but the way the show handled it was so laughably bad and lazy. IF GRRM does have Arya help defeat them I have a feeling it will make much more sense than what we've seen here.

but if i'm being honest I have a feeling Arya will have nothing to do with the others to begin with in the books and will instead focus on killing those who have wronged her. I don't think she'll kill the Freys because the Manderlys and the other northern houses are about to do that themselves but Cersei is someone I def see her going for.

There's still one more twist that GRRM gave them that we have not seen yet and I have a feeling it is coming next episode.
    Also, Lady Stone-heart is on a mission to wipe out Freys...

5. Back To Top    #635
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    My sense was that Sam's pride put him in the battle. I sensed that he wanted to be a bigger man in Gilly's eyes, and he also wanted to prove to himself and his cumpatriots that he was a man as they (and his father) would define it. His pride got Dolorous Edd killed, and the only reason Sam lived was because he cowered and sniveled on the ground someplace where he didn't get noticed by the wights.

I think the reason people do what they do on this show is a huge part of the story. Whatever plotlines and protagonists exist, no story would be possible without the presence of the flawed human element acting within, and defying, the norms of their time.
    I get what you are saying it's just it was annoying. Sansa & Tyrion had the right idea which is accepting that they were useless in this situation and them being out there would've only made things worse because the real fighters would be worried about them. Sam not only put himself at risk but also all of his friends (RIP Edd) and he could've been down in the crypts in case some dead ended up down there (like they ended up down there LOL)

Sam wanted to protect his family and story wise it made sense as he was the first to kill a white walker and going in to it one of the final 3 members of the Night's Watch unless you count Tormund who I consider a unofficial member as he experienced a lot of it because of his connection to Jon. So it made sense for Sam to be there story wise but to me story wise its still annoying and in the end it was even more annoying knowing that he spent most of the battle getting others killed, running, hiding or crying and there was no triumphant moment for Sam in that battle to make it all worth it so everything he had done just damaged his character which is fine if you are still moving through a series but I dunno if we really need that stuff towards the end of the story. That's what the other 7 seasons were for. Season 8 is meant to be the pay off for all the build up. Sam took like 20 steps backward. Reminded me of Season 1 Sam. It was just an embarrassment to watch. And I don't need a character to be a great fighter. Cersei is literally my favorite character. I just didn't need to see that from Sam. And if Sam was going to be in the battle why on earth was he fighting like a normal fighter? Should've been doing more ranged stuff. Even stick him there with Theon to protect Bran with arrows. All of Jon's "brothers" together.

Speaking of Theon, he is one of my favorite characters too. Top 5 probably and he's relapsed a lot through the series but he was handled perfectly in that episode. I think it could be argued that Theon may be the most consistently well written character on all of Game of Thrones flaws and all and one of the most consistently well written TV characters ever. Been on the show since episode 1 and I don't think there was ever a boring part of his story. Who else can say that? Even looking at fan favorites like Tyrion and Arya I'd say Tyrion's story kinda got kinda boring once he left King's Landing for good and Arya's story got boring once she separated from The Hound. Not to say either of them haven't had good moments since then but there were definitely times where I was down on their stories. Dany's story got boring the quickest because of how long it took her to get to Westeros. Cersei & Jon have had solid stories but even they weren't great at all times. There was at least a season with both of them that was kinda meh. Bronn & The Hound were always great but they were used sparingly through the series. Theon from start to finish has been great. I mean, there has been other perfect characters like Robb, Tywin, Ned, Robert, etc but none of them lasted as long as Theon. It's not even that I'm knocking the characters that haven't had perfect storylines it's most just pointing out how impressive it is that Theon lasted that long and stayed perfect for all of it.

6. Back To Top    #636
    Status
    beautiful and brilliant Cheekbones's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranna156 View Post
    I agree 100%...i still enjoy the show, but I really try to separate the the books from the...they have become two entirely different stories especially since they ran out of source material.
    I really do expect GRRM to take a completely different direction in the books. At least that's my theory for why the show turned out so bad.

7. Back To Top    #637
    Status
    Singing Sweet Home Alabama all summer long Sassenach's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Level

8. Back To Top    #638
    Status
    Singing Sweet Home Alabama all summer long Sassenach's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Level

9. Back To Top    #639
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Level
    This episode felt like one of the worst imo. It was like a lot of fan service. I really enjoyed the opening and seeing Ghost all beat up missing an ear. Thought it was sad that Jon sent him away too! The drinking game was funny...I really don't like how Dany is being. Reckless and uncaring is not strength. She should have heeded the advice of Sansa and let her troops recuperate...then she is taking a joy ride with the dragons that low and that close to KL? WTF? Then one gets shot (and how exactly was he flying around with a giant hole in his wing anyway?) and she decides to fly lower head on to them...use your freaking head. Fly high and maybe go around to the back and get them from behind? The fleet was sandwiched between two rocks...turn it to your advantage...don't be stupid and let them basically take out all your ships!

It would be more than 8 people who know about Jon Snow too...Howland fucking Reed anyone? Also, what was the reason given for Lyanna's death? Did no-one ever question why the kings guard were at the Tower of Joy and not with Raegar? And then Ned goes to 'rescue' his sister, but she dies and he comes back with a bastard son...I was really disappointed that Varys hadn't figured that out. I hope he has more sense than that in the books.

I could keep going on, but i will just end with that it really irritates me when a show or movie that is basically a period piece puts modern thoughts and/or norms into it. Now this wouldn't be the first time this show has done it, but the conversation between Tyrion and Varys about Jon and Dany marrying really irritated me. People all over the world married their cousins (and hence uncle/aunt to neice/nephew etc) during medieval times...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cousin_marriage. Now I can understand bro/sis/parent/child not being normal, but i would think that cousins etc would probably actually occur more often than not...especially in the North where it doesn't seem like it is as heavily populated as the south. Notice in the link that Europe isn't even an area/continent/country that bans marriage between cousins...and European history is where GRRM used a lot of their customs etc for the law of the land in Westeros.

10. Back To Top    #640
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Level
    I did not expect Missandei to die. Wow. Like, when I was looking at a list of the alive characters I thought she was probably the safest character because she'd never really be anywhere where there was danger and was too loyal to do anything like betraying anyone or anything.

Also LOL Brienne is the only person on the planet that thought that her and Jaime would actually work.

Page 64 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast