1. Back To Top    #471
    Status
    A Bargain at Twice the Price! Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1231 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    I think we got the answer to Summer/Bran, but since I can't remember if it was in the episode or the preview, I'll put that in spoiler tag:

Spoiler Spoiler:
    I went back and checked this. Meera left Bran in 7.04, remarking that he died in that cave. Here's the clip of that scene.

2. Back To Top    #472
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1231 Post(s)
    Level
    Question: Jorah Mormont, as son of Jeor Mormont, is technically the head of the Mormont house. Does anybody think Jorah will reclaim his title? I love Lyanna and Jorah, but I'd love to see her cloud up and rain all over him.

3. Back To Top    #473
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamUpBxtch View Post
    Yes Amazon is creating a prequel LOTR tv show which is set to cost over a billion dollars to create.

If you people want quality GoT youtubers I have a few suggestions.
    Westeros History: This couple knows their book and history lore through and through. Their analyzes of each episode comparing it to the book material is fantastic.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheHistoryofwesteros
    Preston Jacobs: Preston knows his book stuff as well and his crazy theories are very entertaining and get you thinking.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXU...Wd6tAHYO8g9vAA
    Smokescreen: Chris has some great theories and knows his shit as well.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZZ...4lui8eLmoV8ICw
    RedTeamReview: Carmine and Preston do a podcast together after each episode and it's good stuff.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/XIIICarmine

I just wanna say that the one scene in this episode that I felt was lack luster was how they handled Jon's first time riding a dragon. Not even knowing hes a Targaryen yet or anything Daenerys just says "hop on". It felt out of place to me. Would of made more sense for his first time riding Rhaegel to be in the midst of battle escaping from the White Walkers.
    Did you get those names from me originally? I think years ago I was telling you places to go to find info...anyway I watch all of those. I love Preston's episode reviews...and he has some REALLY good theories if you are a book reader. I also watch a few others like Nerd Soup, Alt Shift X, Secrets of the Citadel...there are so many lol. This is freaking hilarious...I was wondering about most of this stuff myself...especially Gendry...anyway for those of you who like someone to call out the BS...tune in to Preston:

4. Back To Top    #474
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Level
    Question: Jorah Mormont, as son of Jeor Mormont, is technically the head of the Mormont house. Does anybody think Jorah will reclaim his title? I love Lyanna and Jorah, but I'd love to see her cloud up and rain all over him.
    I have no idea...but that is another re-union I am hoping we see...i don't know if they will have time for it...also I am not sure Jorah is going to make it to the end so it might end up a moot point...

5. Back To Top    #475
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Level
    I went back and checked this. Meera left Bran in 7.04, remarking that he died in that cave. Here's the clip of that scene.
    https://youtu.be/i-SiYKyFm2I
    Thanks for posting this...I was racking my memory all day trying to remember so it was nice that when I got home to see that you posted it up! I see where you are coming from, but I took this more like the 'boy died and the man with a higher purpose/responsibilities' took over. He IS the 3 eyed raven which is more than Bran. He has the third sight and sees so much more. I don't think the other guy (Brynden Rivers - http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Brynden_Rivers) has somehow taken over Bran's body. I think that Bran picked up the mantle just like Brynden did when he became the 3 eyed raven. I take it as it is a job or obligation and your previous cares become insignificant in the bigger picture.

6. Back To Top    #476
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1231 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranna156 View Post
    Thanks for posting this...I was racking my memory all day trying to remember so it was nice that when I got home to see that you posted it up! I see where you are coming from, but I took this more like the 'boy died and the man with a higher purpose/responsibilities' took over. He IS the 3 eyed raven which is more than Bran. He has the third sight and sees so much more. I don't think the other guy (Brynden Rivers - http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Brynden_Rivers) has somehow taken over Bran's body. I think that Bran picked up the mantle just like Brynden did when he became the 3 eyed raven. I take it as it is a job or obligation and your previous cares become insignificant in the bigger picture.
    Yes, I also thought it possible she was speaking figuratively and that Bran didn't really die. On the other hand, though, even that figurative transformation is a death of sorts. I'm probably overreaching on this because I'd like the direwolves to have deeper meaning. However, there's nothing wrong with them just being direwolves!

7. Back To Top    #477
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1231 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranna156 View Post
    I have no idea...but that is another re-union I am hoping we see...i don't know if they will have time for it...also I am not sure Jorah is going to make it to the end so it might end up a moot point...
    I'm hoping to see that reunion, as well. I don't expect it to become any sort of major plot point considering only five episodes remain. Like you said, no time.

But there's a rabbit trail I think they have to go down. Jon's identity is going to be out of the bag pretty quickly, at least to the "inner circle". Jorah's in love with Dany. Jon's in love with Dany. Jorah was betraying her until he fell in love with her. Jon refused to bend the knee until he fell in love with her. I see Jon more easily able to embrace his new identity and what that involves than I see Dany able to accept that. Will Jorah pull some sort of rank on Lyanna and divert House Mormont's resources (can't be a lot, she only had 62 to contribute to the Battle of the Bastards, and I'm sure some died there) for Dany or will he honor the chain of succession that promotes Jon's claim to the throne over Dany's? Of course, the Night King has to be defeated before the players in the 7 Kingdoms can start fighting each other again.

I don't know, but I'm glad I never watched this show week in and week out, year in and year out. Now that I've binged it, I'm obsessed.

8. Back To Top    #478
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    Before the premiere, I re watched season 7 and it was very helpful so I started at the beginning again with hopes to do some major binge watching in the evenings and on my days off. But between work and my husbands new puppy(I should say "my puppy" as I'm doing most of the work), I've struggled to get through the first two episodes. Oh well, maybe this weekend thru next week I will get thru more.

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748