Forgot your username?

Page 94 of 98 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #931
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Level
    Another thing...Bran is 7 years old at the beginning of GoT...he might be a couple of years older at the start of the show. GRRM has said he wants to do a 5 year time jump (time for the dragons to grow, Sam to study at the Citadel, etc) but so far that time jump hasn't happened. So it is really hard to tell how much time has passed...you can figure the first book was nearly a year because Dany gets pregnant and is nearly full term when she goes into labor...maybe another couple of years. Anyway, I can't see them deliberately putting a 10-14 yo boy as the King of the 6 kingdoms, even if he is the 3 eyed raven...it could be the same ending but I could see it being totally different too (meaning a character that isn't on the show ends up the King) and that they chose Bran in the show because his intended ending doesn't really effect anything...I could also see where it isn't Jon Snow who stabs Dany...personally I think it would make more sense for one of her long time followers to stab her in the end...since they realize she wouldn't like the crazy person she has become. For me the whole Dany-Jon romance was forced and I could totally see it NOT happening at all in the books.

2. Back To Top    #932
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranna156 View Post
    HBO can't sue if he said himself he doesn't know how it will end.

However, five years ago, they knew where these characters needed to end up...and they chose to wait until the final season and rush a bunch of plot points. That is on them...not GRRM.

Also, the story didn't start with Bran, it started north of the wall with the white walkers.
    I never said they could sue Rail Road if the story is a bit different. I said if he went out of his way to lie to them about it. If he tells them something for sure happens and it doesn't then that is lawsuit territory. It's one thing to not know and it's another thing to intentionally sabotage something. I doubt he did anyways because these endings kinda make sense it's just they sorta sloppily rushed it together at the end. In hindsight you can kinda tell it was going there or at least it seemed like a good possibility that it could but they didn't really nail the landing in a way that was satisfying for a lot of people. Though oddly enough there really isn't like an overwhelming hatred for the finale like I thought there would be. Lots of people hate it, lots of people like it, lots somewhere in the middle but based on how the season was going that seemed to land better than a lot of the episodes before it. That's why I said that I think it ended about as good as you could've expected with how Season 8 went. If you hated Season 8 there was no way that was going to satisfy you but if you were okay with the season or certain things didn't bother you as much you probably were okay with the finale.

And I never said Rail Road is to blame for all this. I think all of them are. Hell, HBO never would've got the rights to the series without him and he always said his goal was to try to stay ahead of the series and he failed at it miserably in a way that was even worse than the books before. He couldn't even get out Winds of Winter. I think it's fair to say all 3 of them are at fault. Doesn't excuse D&Ds execution of the final season but I don't think he's blame free either. D&D rushed a lot and I think it's fair to be mad at them for it but they also never had 5 years to figure that out. That's not how writing a show goes. There is a time when all the writers go in a room and map shit out for the season and begin writing it and once they are off the clock, they are off the clock. And they aren't going to have an entire series written out when Rail Road is still writing the series. So they still work with him to try to get as much right as they can (such as the Hodor thing). They couldn't get too far ahead of the story. Rail Road probably doesn't know exactly how it will end down to the final word but he has a rough idea of where it's going to go and for all we know it could expand even more before he gets there but he probably knows Bran is getting the throne and Dany is going mad and a few other things we saw. How he gets there will be very different. I agree with that. But he probably knew enough to tell them a rough idea of how it will end and I think they were hoping he'd be able to give them more as the years went on and it just never happened so they were forced to try to figure it out themselves.

Apparently in the first book Bran is the first major POV character after the prologue. That's what I was getting at.

Sounds like Summer of 2020 that George is thinking Winds should be out by! Maybe...LOL we shall see George we shall see...

http://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2...s-new-zealand/
    The only way Winds of Winter is getting filled out is if they stuff his corpse in a giant copy of it when he dies and buries him like that. And a dream of spring will only ever be a dream.

3. Back To Top    #933
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamUpBxtch View Post
    I gotta say I'd be down for a Reyne Rebellion mini series (Mainly because Tywin is my favorite character lol). Only think that would suck about a Tywin spin off is not having Charles Dance's presence (since Tywin would be 19 you'd need a younger actor). Unless you used De-aging tech which I wouldn't mind but I doubt HBO would put in the money for it and it would cost a lot to make Charles look 19 lol. Walder Frey on the other hand could still be played by David Bradley because he'd still be in his 50s lol. Which I wouldn't mind at all David is a world class actor and played Walder Frey brilliantly. Sucks were never able to have David and Charles in a scene together.
    Maybe the way around it would be to have Charles Dance be a narrator and maybe the series could end with him in a flash forward that they would have to film before just because he's getting up there in age and even if he still has several years left you want him to somewhat still resemble the Tywin we saw in GOT.

4. Back To Top    #934
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I never said they could sue Rail Road if the story is a bit different. I said if he went out of his way to lie to them about it. If he tells them something for sure happens and it doesn't then that is lawsuit territory. It's one thing to not know and it's another thing to intentionally sabotage something.

D&D rushed a lot and I think it's fair to be mad about them for it but they also never had 5 years to figure that out. That's not how writing a show goes. There is a time when all the writers go in a room and map shit out for the season and begin writing Once they are off the clock, they are off the clock. And they aren't going to have an entire series written out when Rail Road is still writing the series. So they still work with him to try to get as much right as they can (such as the Hodor thing). They couldn't get too far ahead of the story.

Apparently in the first book Bran is the first major POV character after the prologue. That's what I was getting at.

The only way Winds of Winter is getting filled out is if they stuff his corpse in a giant copy of it when he dies and buries him like that. And a dream of spring will only ever be a dream.
    Ok on your first part...and I agree if deliberate sabotage is at play then that is definitely grounds for suing but I don't think that would/will be the case. Ok on the third part as to what you were getting at but i think someone else could also make the argument that the story literally started with the white walker threat and should have ended with them being the big bad vs 'Cersei...then Dany'... and it should have been more than 1 battle...and as to the 4th...we shall see lol. I think he is really close to having Winds done...but who knows.

I disagree about the 5 years though. They most certainly had 5 years to plot out a basic map of how they wanted each season to end and figure out what character arcs needed to be sacrificed to tell the bigger story. I don't recall what interview it was but I think it might have been the Rolling Stone interview (https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...erview-242487/ )where GRRM says that writing for a tv show is all about the structure...that and dialog. D&D had PLENTY of time to build a decent structure for a start point and an end point for each season leading to the finale and then within that they spend their time writing for the specific season. The final END goal should always be in mind...and as soon as they knew the 'broad strokes' of it, they should have figured out a way to get there intelligently. Not depended on the budget and spectacle show that HBO got swindled into. I get that they aren't going to figure out the entire story in one season but they should have had the end goal for each season as a stepping stone to the final season. That isn't what they did though...

Written in 2016:
    "During the producers’ sit down with the author in Santa Fe two years ago, Martin famously sketched out a very rough plan of how he intends to end his saga in the books." So yeah they totally had 5 years
    https://ew.com/article/2016/05/24/george-rr-martin-3-twists-game-thrones/

5. Back To Top    #935
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Level
    Yep!

6. Back To Top    #936
    Status
    "We could arrange to have you carried." AdamUpBxtch's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Level
    The time travel ending of that is comedy gold XD

The Varys one had me rolf because I am genuinely pissed they left out faegon.

and "Wolverine.....ugh just die" LMAO

7. Back To Top    #937
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Level
    The time travel ending of that is comedy gold XD

The Varys one had me rolf because I am genuinely pissed they left out faegon.

and "Wolverine.....ugh just die" LMAO
    His video's always have me cracking up...even when I know he hates Arya but she is like my favorite character in the books (not in the show) and he makes fun of her. I totally see his point.

8. Back To Top    #938
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Level
    An alternate ending I guess...they both suck imo...

9. Back To Top    #939
    Status
    "We could arrange to have you carried." AdamUpBxtch's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Level
    An alternate ending I guess...they both suck imo...

https://youtu.be/vKhh9pSDdck
    There was rumors that at the end when Jon and them go North of the wall there was gonna be a scene of him and Tormund finding dead bodies in weird formations implying the White Walkers aren't gone....and I actually really would of liked that but of course they didn't do it.

10. Back To Top    #940
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Level
    There was rumors that at the end when Jon and them go North of the wall there was gonna be a scene of him and Tormund finding dead bodies in weird formations implying the White Walkers aren't gone....and I actually really would of liked that but of course they didn't do it.
    I heard that too. I am actually glad that wasn't the case...I hate never ending stories...and to me that is what that would have been. LOL However, if they do that in the books it would make more sense...since so far there isn't one NK...so i wouldn't be surprised if another pact or something needs to be done.

Page 94 of 98 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast