Forgot your username?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level

Just Look At the Flowers Negan: Why I Want Carol to Kill Negan-Comic Spoilers

I know this isnít how it goes down in the GN, I know Negan is still alive and I am not trying to piss off Negan fans but this is the perfect resolution to Carolís crisis of conscience. Admittedly, Carolís evolution is one of my favorite story arcs of the series and since I am probably about to lose my other favorite character (Glenn), I really want to see her become whole again with the ones she loves. I understand why she wanted to rid herself of love and death. But she wasnít very far down the road until she was protecting TF again. TPTB have gone to great pains to show that there is NOTHING she wouldnít do to protect her beloveds. What do you think she would do if she knew Negan had her family? She had no idea how many people were at Terminus, she just went. This would be no different. But she doesnít know and sheís in bad shape and since she and Morgan are going to the Kingdom there is no telling how long it will be until she finds out. But I think it would be in character and part of the natural order of progression for both Carol and Morgan to decide someone needs to stop Negan and that they are the ones to do it. I know theyíre setting up for Rick to be the victor and who knows what Kirkman has in store with the Whisperers but having Carol take Negan out would help to resolve the moral issues of killing the living in the ZA. Everyone is tainted, everyone is guilty but the reasons matter. Carol has only killed to protect or save. Morgan has different issues to work out in this matter, before he met Eastman he was killing the living and the dead alike but with insight from each other and the reality of their current (fictional) situation I think they could come to a balance. I donít know what the details would be but I guess thatís why I donít write scripts for a living. A secondary reason I like this idea is I also think it is folly to let the villain story arc run on and on. I know Neganís hasnít really started yet and I realize probably the only people left after an apocalypse would be the immoral and scarred but Iím really tired of TWD formula. You guys know what Iím talking about. Anyway, this is what I think would be interesting for the upcoming season.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Level

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    Carol has already neutered enough villains. It's reached the point of ridiculous. I have no issue with her attempting to infiltrate his operation. As long as it ends in her failure and death. It would be the perfect way to establish Negan as stronger than the previous antagonist and to illustrate the lesson that taking ones pragmatism too far and becoming too cocky has negative results.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Level
    ._.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    The Succubus aka "The Beast" Empress's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    515 Post(s)
    Level
    The Walking Carol, returns this fall on AMC.

It’s funny that you write that you’re tired of the TWD formula, where it’s that exact formula that puts Carol in the Rambo position every time, and the real folly is that some people truly want her to take out every set of villains like she’s baking a casserole on a lazy Sunday afternoon.
    You’d do quite well in the writing room, right next to Gimple’s hardcore Carol hard on.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Level
    That would suck hard.

Which is why it's probably gonna happen

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerlover View Post
    I know this isn’t how it goes down in the GN, I know Negan is still alive and I am not trying to piss off Negan fans but this is the perfect resolution to Carol’s crisis of conscience. Admittedly, Carol’s evolution is one of my favorite story arcs of the series and since I am probably about to lose my other favorite character (Glenn), I really want to see her become whole again with the ones she loves. I understand why she wanted to rid herself of love and death. But she wasn’t very far down the road until she was protecting TF again. TPTB have gone to great pains to show that there is NOTHING she wouldn’t do to protect her beloveds. What do you think she would do if she knew Negan had her family? She had no idea how many people were at Terminus, she just went. This would be no different. But she doesn’t know and she’s in bad shape and since she and Morgan are going to the Kingdom there is no telling how long it will be until she finds out. But I think it would be in character and part of the natural order of progression for both Carol and Morgan to decide someone needs to stop Negan and that they are the ones to do it. I know they’re setting up for Rick to be the victor and who knows what Kirkman has in store with the Whisperers but having Carol take Negan out would help to resolve the moral issues of killing the living in the ZA. Everyone is tainted, everyone is guilty but the reasons matter. Carol has only killed to protect or save. Morgan has different issues to work out in this matter, before he met Eastman he was killing the living and the dead alike but with insight from each other and the reality of their current (fictional) situation I think they could come to a balance. I don’t know what the details would be but I guess that’s why I don’t write scripts for a living. A secondary reason I like this idea is I also think it is folly to let the villain story arc run on and on. I know Negan’s hasn’t really started yet and I realize probably the only people left after an apocalypse would be the immoral and scarred but I’m really tired of TWD formula. You guys know what I’m talking about. Anyway, this is what I think would be interesting for the upcoming season.
    I would enjoy that. :)
    I'm so tired of the cartoonish villains we keep getting that I need a cartoon hero. Everyone on TWD has been overly heroic at some point, so I'm ok with it. But with her current arc, I don't think they can quick-change her that fast. Maybe Father G can gun Negan down. :)

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't see Carol trying to kill Negan and its not on my wish list for her. Not that I mind her killing when needed but I just don't think she is in any way a match for Negan. Before she flip flops back into "kill mode", I hope she resolves some of her guilt and maybe smiles once or twice.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Level
    She already did rescue them from the big bad guy and it did nothing to resolve her conscience.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Level
    I love Carol but don't want her anywhere near Negan. I hope it is Maggie that kills him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast