View Poll Results: What Does Daryl Look For In Women?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • One who would call him on his BS

25 50.00%
  • One who wouldn't run away from the challenges the ZA would inevitably bring

21 42.00%
  • One who wouldn't enable his weaknesses

18 36.00%
  • One who can kill and not have it change who they really are

9 18.00%
  • One from a completely different background who can still relate to him

6 12.00%
  • One who is emotionally strong but yet can still be "girly"

11 22.00%
  • A practical decision maker who can think things through

14 28.00%
  • A natural beauty

8 16.00%
  • One who would never "settle" for someone

6 12.00%
  • One who brings out his nurturing side

18 36.00%
  • One who doesn't assume a motherly attitude with him or the group

6 12.00%
  • One who would have never been with him per ZA had it not been for his skill set

2 4.00%
  • One without a suitcase full of demons, either pre or post ZA

3 6.00%
  • One who could actually put themself in his shoes for a day

13 26.00%
  • One with a similar upbringing who achieved more than he did pre ZA

4 8.00%
  • Someone honest

20 40.00%
  • The man doesn't need anyone, he can take care of his own needs

14 28.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    The best comment. I completely agree with you.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    - - - Updated - - -

You don't know the intentions of production. Robert said Daryl will be in a romance when he's not thinking in his motorcycle, or his crossbow. Norman said he'll hook up when he feels that the world has gone down. So i think maybe it will be in season 7.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    The last sentence. That will change his life forever.

- - - Updated - - -

Carol will be in the kingdom, he needs a new mother.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    long, hard and covered with barbed wire

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Level
    I kinda like Daryl as a loner. Would be cool if more asexual characters existed in fiction and weren't portrayed as fucked up weirdos.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Level
    He needs to grow up and go find Carol. They've been connected since Season Two. Their world doesn't seem to be getting any better so he needs to stop moping around and enjoy however much time they have left.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by John Dixon View Post
    Finding a true ZA lover has proven hard for poor old Daryl Dixon. He's shown signs of interest before. But, inevitably, he always falls back into his man pain coma instead of following up on any of the potential progress he's actually made with the ladies. Some say he's A sexual. Others say he's homosexual. But in my experience here, most consider him to be heterosexual. So on the premise that he is actually looking for the right kind of woman to fulfill all his wants and desires (not to mention someone who can properly wash his clothes to get rid of that Pig Pen dirt cloud that always follows him), what kind of woman do you think the once mighty Mr. Dixon wants and needs to make him the man he should be?

This is multiple choice so vote for whatever you want to.
    Despite his bravura, and genuine skills on his own, he lacks security in himself and isn't quite sure how to get to a point where he can believe in his appeal to a woman, or even if he has any. I doubt he's ever had any real feminine contact. He meets a woman who accepts him on his own terms, takes him for what he is, doesn't try to change him, and voila! The real person evolves. We could do with a bit of Daryl back story, other than Merle. We're missing a whole big chunk of that story.

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronx Cheer View Post
    Despite his bravura, and genuine skills on his own, he lacks security in himself and isn't quite sure how to get to a point where he can believe in his appeal to a woman, or even if he has any. I doubt he's ever had any real feminine contact. He meets a woman who accepts him on his own terms, takes him for what he is, doesn't try to change him, and voila! The real person evolves. We could do with a bit of Daryl back story, other than Merle. We're missing a whole big chunk of that story.
    That part about how he can't believe in his appeal to a woman is actually a decent point. I don't think anyone here thinks he's had any real relationship experience. His experience with women probably begins with hookers and ends with drunken hookups. I don't think we need to see any back story about how he and Merle would get fucked up and do what they did. It's pretty much implied by what we know already. But back to the point, he's probably never had any kind of emotional relationship with a woman. Therein lies his problem.

But don't forget the fact that he probably smells like a porta potty that's been left behind in the sun for 3 weeks after a Rolling Stones show. That doesn't help. Neither does all the man pain. Man pain's gotta go immediately!

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by John Dixon View Post
    That part about how he can't believe in his appeal to a woman is actually a decent point. I don't think anyone here thinks he's had any real relationship experience. His experience with women probably begins with hookers and ends with drunken hookups. I don't think we need to see any back story about how he and Merle would get fucked up and do what they did. It's pretty much implied by what we know already. But back to the point, he's probably never had any kind of emotional relationship with a woman. Therein lies his problem.

But don't forget the fact that he probably smells like a porta potty that's been left behind in the sun for 3 weeks after a Rolling Stones show. That doesn't help. Neither does all the man pain. Man pain's gotta go immediately!
    Not sure what you define as man pain. To my way of thinking, that's another way of saying insecure. Yeah, he probably knows his appearance, etc., are detrimental. After all, nobody ever called him stupid. But life goes on, and he is what he is. He came from a poor upbringing, where dinner came from what you carried through the door. That was what you were worth. That and whatever physical labor could be extracted from you. Not much to build on by way of self-esteem. So, to build self-esteem requires effort, setting aside your past life, and finding a way to get around it. He hasn't found that yet, but I believe he is getting there, little by little.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronx Cheer View Post
    Not sure what you define as man pain. To my way of thinking, that's another way of saying insecure. Yeah, he probably knows his appearance, etc., are detrimental. After all, nobody ever called him stupid. But life goes on, and he is what he is. He came from a poor upbringing, where dinner came from what you carried through the door. That was what you were worth. That and whatever physical labor could be extracted from you. Not much to build on by way of self-esteem. So, to build self-esteem requires effort, setting aside your past life, and finding a way to get around it. He hasn't found that yet, but I believe he is getting there, little by little.
    Oooh boy, here we go. I'm not sure you know what door you opened here, but you opened it.

My definition of "man pain" is in relation to how AMC has ordered the writers and The Gimp to approach Daryl's character since season 4B (earlier than that for others). What they've done, in case you haven't been paying attention, is that they stripped down a very interesting, very feral and impulsive character into being what we see on screen now. Daryl's impulsiveness was once an interesting aspect of his character, in that, he was the wild card. A tough guy who was used to living by his own rules. Then he got in tight with TF, which I wasn't against. I was interested to see how he'd adapt to "family life" if you will. It started out OK. But then almost every single event that has propelled him since 4A has been because he couldn't save someone. Or that he couldn't save the poor, pathetic girl the writers seem to love pairing him with now. So he just mopes and then has a random outburst that puts the group in jeopardy. (Don't believe me? Ask SY how Glenn's character probably would feel about his actions once 701 is over). He never put the group ahead of himself before his little excursion with Beth. He's gotten plenty of things that should have given him self esteem along the way. He realized that the group NEEDED him. Probably the first time he ever felt needed in his life. He saved and brought people back to the prison, even though Rick wasn't totally for saving strangers anymore. He kept looking for Sophia even when others wanted to give up (and didn't get the man pain infection when she turned up dead). If anything, I think they're showing that Daryl has come too far in his quest for family and meaning in his life. Now EVERYTHING gets to him. Maybe I'm being a bit one sided here because I want to see more of a combo of awesome/caring Daryl rather than caring/moping/stupid, impulsive decision making Daryl. I think he should have already "gotten there" by now. But that's the fault of the writers for wanting to keep their cash cow exactly the same for fear of destroying ratings. Or fan base. I get what you're trying to say. But you're missing why people are sick of what Daryl has become because of this journey he's been on for far too long imo.

Hold on, hold on....Wha?...Oh, OK this just in...President Dixon just told you to sit down now. That's a good newbie. Don't worry, the chair doesn't have a tack on it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast