Forgot your username?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Level

Who Should Play Beta? (Comic Spoilers)

I vote for Ryan Hurst (We didn't get him as Jesus but this character is actually a more fitting role) He's 6'4 (not 7'0 like in the comics) but he can act and most actors in Hollywood are short so it'd probably even out. He's taller than David Morrisey, JDM and Michael Cudlitz.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Level
    I vote some sort of wrestler type fella that can act well, hopefully not The Rock... I am bad with actor names honestly so yeah...

It will be interesting to see what Beta looks like under his mask. I suppose he will likely just be a bearded fella but wonder if has any crazy war wounds or what not. Also, it kind of looks like the hair is actually part of his mask am I wrong? Also, he looks kind of like Dwight because they only draw a few different facial variants it seems.

Spoiler Spoiler:

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Level
    Well since the character's gonna wear a mask most of the time I think they're just gonna go with a big nobody UK actor lol

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Level
    I kinda figured that the hair is separate because he's too big for his mask.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level
    If Ryan lost some weight then yes. Other than that idc who plays him

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I think Mark Calaway aka The Undertaker has the right look. He is retired now from WWE.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Level
    With Outsiders cancelled, Ryan is now free for the role.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostKilla79 View Post
    I think Mark Calaway aka The Undertaker has the right look. He is retired now from WWE.

I actually think that is a terrific idea. His size, stature, screen experience, relatively "unknown" status to non-fans, his athleticism (even with hip replacement surgery) and agility and ability to actually fight (dude's a shooter) coupled with his professionalism would make for terrific casting. He doesn't need the money though, so it would be as much a matter of him wanting to commit to such a role as it would be in the show casting him.

Factor in that most of the cast are under 6ft tall - and Callaway is about 6ft 9 or 6ft 10: it would make Beta that much more imposing.

While I hate the guy, Kevin Nash has the size, acting shops and a good agent. He too is 6ft 9 and has managed to score some high profile work thanks to his agent (The Punisher, Magic Mike, and so on...).

If they want to just go full on insane in terms of size, but really leave one hell of an impression - there is Nathan Jones. He's a fucking behemoth. He's 6ft11 and has an impressive cinematic resume that milks his size and ability to carry off an onscreen fight with the likes of Jackie Chan and Tony Jaa. He's a relative unknown for the mainstream audience, has a good agent, probably would fit within their budget (but could need a dialogue coach to play Beta with an American accent) and on camera his size could bring serious menace.

One last casting possibility that would actually be really awesome: Derek Mears. Not only is he a fantastic actor (scour channel101.com for a peek at his comedic side), but he's an amazing stuntman and has a ton of experience working in the genre in very BETA-like roles. He's a consummate professional and one of the nicest people you would ever meet (read: is a team player). He's only 6ft5 but some lifts in his boots and he's Beta.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't actually think Beta needs to be as tall as he is in the comics. He's that tall in the comics because everyone is tall in the comics so he has to be even taller than them.

Of all the main characters on the show that are still alive Negan is the only one that even is in the 6s (at 6'2) unless you count Eugene but I don't really see him having any scenes with Beta anyway plus Eugene isn't a fighter. Everyone else is in the 5s like AL & NR at 5'10 and JDM is actually quite smaller than Negan in the comics who was probably around 6'4-6'5 and had way more muscle. Most actors on The Walking Dead (and in Hollywood) are short so even just a 6'4-6'5 guy would tower over everyone and look like he's 7 ft tall.

If you look at Game of Thrones, Sandor Clegane is 6'6 but he looks like he's 7 ft tall next all of the short people he stands next to. 6'6 is still a big fucker but it's not unusually big either but on GOT he looks unusually big. Brienne of Tarth is only 6'3 on Game of Thrones but because she is always paired with tiny people she looks huge too. The Mountain in the books if over 8 ft tall but he's 6'9 on the show and still looks massive. With shorter actors and the way things are filmed you can make people look bigger than they actually are quite easily.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Verne Troyer