Forgot your username?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Zombie Hoarder AllLifeIsPrecious's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Level

What Do You Think Gabriel's Role Will Be Going into S7?

I personally would like to see him get some more backstory, perhaps on his family and how he became a priest. All we really know about him is in regards to his congregation. I'd like to see him become more of a leader, given how Rick put him in charge of Alexandria's defense at the end of season 6.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Level
    Black guy in the background that gets 3 lines.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Level
    Seth is neck to neck with Lennie James, Melissa McBride, Andrew Lincoln, and Ross Marquand for absolute best actor on the cast right now (I'm not counting JDM since he's only been in one scene so far) in my opinion. Underusing him would be such a mistake he's a phenomenal actor and Gabriel is actually a very interesting character, one of the better written characters in my opinions. His cold prayer when he killed that dude was a highlight of a season full of missed opportunities and disappointment.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess I didn't actually answer that question. It's bullshit if they don't give him some good stuff to do, I think he will get his share though since we are likely losing two main characters in the premiere and possibly more secondary characters as the season goes on

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Level
    Father Gabe is one of my favorites, next to Eugene. I hope he plays Mr. Pious Preacher to Negan but Mr. Smooth Saboteur for Team Family. He is way to interesting to stay in the background anymore.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    628 Post(s)
    Level
    Aside from Carol and Rick..Father Gabriel is one of my favorites. Hopefully he gets screen time. I doubt he will though. They'll end up tossing him aside like they do with all of the other black guys

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Level
    Seth from the NYCC panel

I'm not sure what Rick sees in Gabriel. Aside from his willingness, he's completly willing--basically he's surrendered himself to Rick's will. And it's 'adapt and survive', or die. He's incapable of taking his own life. He tried suicide by walker, suicide by Sasha. Neither one of them worked out well for him. He's there, he's got to live. His survival instinct won't allow him to die, and I think he's turned his will over to Rick in a sense. And he's a happy follower. Beyond that, Rick must see some potential in him, to be more; to be more of a warrior. I guess to be off more use and service than he had been before. Rick sees this guy is going to try; he might not be as capable as the next guy, but he's defently as willing.

I get a sense Gabriel's willing to follow Rick's will

I hope Gabriel gets more screentime. I liked he stepped up S6. He's prob one of the few that came out of the season with a more positive will. He might prob continue to give sermons and look after Judith in the mean-time. But once the heat starts up I can see him taking up a gun and helping defend ASZ.

Spoiler Spoiler:

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm guessing he'll be mostly ignored... He's one of my very favorites though, so hopefully he'll get some good scenes. I like that he can be pretty brutal when he chooses to be, but I love his background facial expressions when the other characters are being fucking crazy too. Since that's usually all we get from him - background facial expressions - and I enjoy them a lot, hopefully he can have more actual scenes that I can enjoy even more. He's a great actor and character. They haven't used him enough so far.