Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level

Ride with NR Vs TWD

So ... I couldn't help but think last night... doesn't it feel like Ride with NR is kind of a feeler for AMC to see if this guy really is the cash cow he is alleged to be, or if he is able to be killed off soon? I'd be willing to bet a good $0.10 that whether or not Daryl dies depends on how well Ride does.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Level
    If this is the case NR might want to look for his next role, it hasn't done very well. I think it is just AMC being greedy, it feels like a plea of "here's NR, please keep watching our network, it I only a couple more months type nonsense." It is too niche based to be a true gage on his popularity. I think they screwed the pooch, Into the Badlands, not until next year Preacher nearly finished for awhile and FTWD coming back soon

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    Daryls immortality confirmed. After this flop they will be lucky to get NR to even leave the TWD sets when there's no fucking filming going on. The lack of success on this will will bruise that ego. This isn't some movie that he plays a role in and can tell himself it's not his fault it sucked. This is his fucking show. I'm not in disagreement that this show was possibly a feeler to see of the cash cow was NR or if the appeal was limited to NR as Daryl. The tanking ratings of that puddle of piss Daryl left in the corner proves the latter has always been the case. After this I don't see NR venturing too far away from the comfort of Daryl again for a while.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level
    Hahahahaha

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Jaywalking Loiterer ShanesAddiction's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Level
    In reply to the OP's question, I don't think the two are related. I haven't watched Ride and have no desire to because I don't find NR as a person to be interesting. I do like the character Daryl, but NR in real life is not the same.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    No OP I don't think it's a feeler because AMC really don't give a fuck about what the show's fans actually want any more. "Ride" is just another indication of how out of touch with their fan base they have become, if it wasn't it would be the great ratings smash that they obviously expected. They think that they can feed us a steaming pile of shit and say it's icecream and we will all grab a spoon.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Simple. Blame Gimple. buttercup's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane's Addiction View Post
    In reply to the OP's question, I don't think the two are related. I haven't watched Ride and have no desire to because I don't find NR as a person to be interesting. I do like the character Daryl, but NR in real life is not the same.
    Yeah, don't bother watching. I watched, as much as I could, because I like Daryl and wanted to see if NR could POSSIBLY be interesting. Nope. He's all "dude" and "bro" and "yeah" and "what?" over and over again. His voiceovers are uninspiring because he reads with no expression in his voice. I think the show was a gift to NR for his popularity. And for the fanboys and girls who beg him to follow them, marry them and call him Daddy. Plain and simple. And I think he jumped at the chance because he gets paid to ride around on his bike being stupid with friends.

The ratings have been climbing and will probably be higher next week for the finale with Peter Fonda. I just hope they don't give it another season. Someone said that it must not cost much to film but that's not true. There is a whole entourage of people who have to go along on the "ride" - camera people, AMC watchers to make sure he doesn't hurt himself, writers (they do have some) and miscellaneous folks. AMC is cheap. I don't see how they can commit to a second season.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by buttercup View Post
    Yeah, don't bother watching. I watched, as much as I could, because I like Daryl and wanted to see if NR could POSSIBLY be interesting. Nope. He's all "dude" and "bro" and "yeah" and "what?" over and over again. His voiceovers are uninspiring because he reads with no expression in his voice. I think the show was a gift to NR for his popularity. And for the fanboys and girls who beg him to follow them, marry them and call him Daddy. Plain and simple. And I think he jumped at the chance because he gets paid to ride around on his bike being stupid with friends.

The ratings have been climbing and will probably be higher next week for the finale with Peter Fonda. I just hope they don't give it another season. Someone said that it must not cost much to film but that's not true. There is a whole entourage of people who have to go along on the "ride" - camera people, AMC watchers to make sure he doesn't hurt himself, writers (they do have some) and miscellaneous folks. AMC is cheap. I don't see how they can commit to a second season.
    I 100% agree! I think it speaks volumes that myself, loving Norman as much as I do, has been practically bored to tears almost every episode. The only one I found even remotely engaging was the one in NC/TN/GA but only because those areas are my regular stomping grounds. There have been moments throughout each episode that I liked but as a whole? The show is nothing to write home about and I find it amusing that the fangirls tout it as being the greatest show ever lol. I guess if you're really into motorcycles it'd be a nice little show but otherwise it's just dull and Norman comes across as having the personality of a rock at times. Everything he's ever done outside of WD has tanked so I'm not surprised this has too. I also agree with @Nimbus in that it shows just how out of touch TPTB truly are. I wanted it to be successful for Norman's sake and I almost feel sorry for him when he wistfully talks about a second season. But then I remember his antics last week overseas and it's hard for me to feel anything for him but disdain. I'm very burnt out on a lot of things concerning this show right now including Norman. To answer the original question, I think Ride was nothing more than a greedy gift from AMC to their cash cow.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Simple. Blame Gimple. buttercup's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Dixon View Post
    I 100% agree! I think it speaks volumes that myself, loving Norman as much as I do, has been practically bored to tears almost every episode. The only one I found even remotely engaging was the one in NC/TN/GA but only because those areas are my regular stomping grounds. There have been moments throughout each episode that I liked but as a whole? The show is nothing to write home about and I find it amusing that the fangirls tout it as being the greatest show ever lol. I guess if you're really into motorcycles it'd be a nice little show but otherwise it's just dull and Norman comes across as having the personality of a rock at times. Everything he's ever done outside of WD has tanked so I'm not surprised this has too. I also agree with @Nimbus in that it shows just how out of touch TPTB truly are. I wanted it to be successful for Norman's sake and I almost feel sorry for him when he wistfully talks about a second season. But then I remember his antics last week overseas and it's hard for me to feel anything for him but disdain. I'm very burnt out on a lot of things concerning this show right now including Norman. To answer the original question, I think Ride was nothing more than a greedy gift from AMC to their cash cow.
    It makes me sad to read how far your admiration has fallen, Rachel.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by buttercup View Post
    It makes me sad to read how far your admiration has fallen, Rachel.
    Eh, my feelings toward him fluctuate daily. Don't get me wrong because I still love him. I guess I'm just incredibly pissed that he went over there and even put himself in that position for drama to start with. I'm mad at him for making me mad at him if that makes sense lol. As far as my thoughts on Ride, I knew from the first episode it probably wouldn't be a success. Like I said, there have been moments I've really enjoyed but I find myself checking my watch throughout the episodes thinking "let's move on now." That kinda speaks for itself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast