Forgot your username?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Level
    I wish they'd give Gabriel the guts death, but they did that stupid redemption arc for him last season. It'll probably be Spencer, which is unfortunate because he's hot lol. If they did it to an irrelevant character like Olivia I don't think it'd have much impact. Then again, the arrow death had less impact with it being Denise instead of Abraham.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    If you're picking and choosing characters based upon their sex appeal, you're doing it wrong and you're part of why this show has a cancerous fanbase.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm pretty sure that was a joke calm down

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotybear View Post
    If you're picking and choosing characters based upon their sex appeal, you're doing it wrong and you're part of why this show has a cancerous fanbase.
    Sex appeal? Who talked about that? Unless you're insinuating that fatter = uglier...

There are different limits for the brutality of deaths between the sexes on this show. It's clear.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bork View Post

There are different limits for the brutality of deaths between the sexes on this show. It's clear.

There are also infinitely more male characters on this show, which logically would produce more male deaths. Simple math.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by xingtai View Post
    There are also infinitely more male characters on this show, which logically would produce more male deaths. Simple math.
    The difference does explain the number of deaths, which wasn't disputed, but I find that it doesn't justify the disparate levels of brutality. Relative to men, the number of female deaths on the show is small, but without comparison it's large enough to warrant more brutal deaths. The choice of cast sex and the pattern of female deaths to be headshots or bites is questionable as well.

Tell me why something like this (warning - graphic TWD show death pictures):
    Spoiler Spoiler:

This
    Spoiler Spoiler:

THIS
    Spoiler Spoiler:

THIS
    Spoiler Spoiler:

or this
    Spoiler Spoiler:

hasn't happened for females yet? Do you really think that it's just a matter of numbers?

It isn't just the type of death; it's the depiction of the death on the screen. How many deaths like those (and there are plenty more I could post) have we seen for females?

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Level
    The difference does explain the number of deaths, which wasn't disputed, but I find that it doesn't justify the disparate levels of brutality. Relative to men, the number of female deaths on the show is small, but without comparison it's large enough to warrant more brutal deaths. The choice of cast sex and the pattern of female deaths to be headshots or bites is questionable as well.

This

THIS

THIS

or this

hasn't happened for females yet? Do you really think that it's just a matter of numbers?

It isn't just the type of death; it's the depiction of the death on the screen. How many deaths like those (and there are plenty more I could post) have we seen for females?
    I guess I'm too invested into watching the show to take a count on how many women are murdered. Call me strange, but I don't go looking for gender-polemic issues in kill counts on a television program where the overwhelming majority of on-screen characters are mostly male.

As a viewer I also don't sit around anticipating moments when women are going to be murdered, regardless of how graphic it may or may not be. In fact, the only time gender becomes an issue in The Walking Dead is in how incompetent the writing staff have been in presenting fully rounded female characters.

Again, it is disturbing and really fucking weird to see that there are some folks preoccupied with wanting to see women die (and they do on this show). I also guess I don't discriminate. People on this program will die. Men and women. A person dies. Gender isn't relevant to me unless it was intrinsic into why the character died. It's even more disturbing to think about this: more cretins here are obsessed with women being killed on screen than in credible female characters being presented.

As a man, I am confident in my own masculinity to not have a problem that this program often has my gender dying horrible deaths. It is not an agenda on their part. Sure, networks have standards. No surprise. But this is such a non-issue. Not even worth further debate.

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Level

This

THIS

THIS

or this

I don't think being cut and ripped into to take out a baby was a pleasant way to die.

Andrea's sister was ripped into pretty good too. I saw it again a few weeks ago on AMC's marathon.

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    527 Post(s)
    Level

This

THIS

THIS

or this

Actually, stuff like that has happened to females.

Enid having to watch her mom eaten by a walker -
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mrs. Neudermyer gutted by a wolf and her head split open -
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Unknown female victim being hacked up with an axe -
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Another unknown female victim gutted by a wolf -
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Annie swarmed and eaten -
    Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't think Olivia will be gutted by Negan, but not because she's a female character. Spencer seems more likely because they had him bring up making a deal with the saviors in the finale as well as showing him saying they should have made a deal with them in the trailer.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Level
    I bet Spencer's life it's gonna be Spencer. This is what Gimple considers Rosita character development.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast