Forgot your username?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Level
    (going by same narritive) Questionable how long T-Dog would've lasted when Ty came on the scene...... I can't see his character impacting much of the story though.

Kavid probably never've happened. Karen and David would've been found turned in their cells (possibly when Ty went down that time).

Mika and Lizzie could've possibly been attacked by that walker that was approaching them when Mika froze.

Rick had a spliter of wood smuggled in so they could've possible escaped Terminus on their own. But Carol's interuption was just in time for Glenn's head 'not' be be whacked. They might've escaped.. just with much fewer numbers.

Daryl would've never happened across the white + car again. If by plot device they did then he would've gone but it'd be a solo job.

Without unconcious Carol's interuption Beth would've tried to attack Edwards/Dawn and probably wouldn't've ended up well for herself.

Wolves on Alexandria would've been evened out more between other characters.

It's hard to do a 'find/replace' scenerio with only speculation . Maybe T-Dog could've actually ended up a 'top-dog' of the group. I do miss him though...
    Last edited by Bekki; August 14th, 2016 at 09:27 AM. Reason: minor spelling mistakes

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Level
    Good:

• Better distribution of character development and TV time
    • Opportunity to see what the other actors/actresses can do
    • Less annoying fanbase
    • Less cringeworthy fanbase
    • Less contemptible fanbase
    • Less sensitive fanbase
    • No pandering or special treatment to the domestic violence demographic, or any victim demographic in particular. More "risks" are taken, and I use quotation marks because they aren't risks at all. Brutal woman or girl deaths in higher frequency, implied rape scenes, etc.
    • Daryl isn't interpreted as wanting a relationship, and a consensus is reached that his sex drive was depleted by years of abuse and isolation in the woods
    • No "all life is precious Morgan, most likely a better version that isn't debased for another character's mental recovery
    • Less pussified black men
    • More care toward realistic physical limitations and the necessity of physicality regardless of mental strengths

Bad:
    • Bork doesn't exist or is a drastically different, less active, more cordial poster(as a result of tolerable fanbases)
    • A good, dependable actress is lost
    • More emulation of the comics

Off the top of my head

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1741 Post(s)
    Level
    I would have liked to see how people would have taken the Kavid killing if Carol was not alive to do it. I have always wondered if it was someone else if people would have agreed with it more.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    True Happiness Begins Within Lilac Fields's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    Sadly they didn't kill Carol back in season 3 but if they did I would probably find the show more enjoyable. It's not like the other actors on the show are incompetent. Somehow the comic universe hasn't folded. I wasn't a big T Dog fan but that's mostly because of his poor development. Just when T Dog started to get interesting he died.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Level
    If Carol weren't around, the whole Lizzie/Mika storyline probably would have been the Ben/Billy storyline involving Carl, as it was in the comic

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    The Carol/Caryl threads would not be nearly as entertaining as they have been. I know that has nothing to do with the show but this place is more entertaining than the show at this point. That's gotta count for something.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Level
    I never knew that Carol was slated to die in season 3. This site has taught me a lot about the show. All I can say is I think the show would've been way worse. I think Carol is second only to Rick as a consistently interesting character who can carry an episode, especially since season 4. MMB is awesome. I mean she got me to accept a horrible cgi tiger two hours ago. I don't think Jennifer Lawrence could've pulled that off.

As for T-dog, we really never got to know him. He might've turned out to be a great character, but I didn't care much when he died. I thought he was noble and all in the episode, but I didn't care as much as I did when
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    died.

I'm not sure if the actor could've pulled off what MMB has done. She's been pretty awesome, so I think the show would've suffered severely. Also, no Carol/Daryl shippers like myself, so the ratings might not have been as good for that reason as well.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    I honestly have to say I wouldn't have half as many scenes to FF through. Sorry, but I just don't by the Terminator sthick after all this time.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Level
    The Walking Dead would have lost their best actress and that season would have killed the three main female characters, Lori, Andrea, and Carol.

TDog would have died soon because African-American men don't have a long screen life on that show.
    TWD wouldn't have a different style heroine like Carol. Her journey from weakling to warrior has given her fans someone to root for. The show would probably still be popular, but I'm glad that Carol made it through season three.
    I wish T Dog could have too. I hate that we have lost so many of the early season's characters. We lost so many talented actors for cheap thrills or to fill in the comic arcs.
    T Dog dying in the same episode as Lori reminds me that Abe was killed in the same episode as Glenn. I fear that this season is going to be similar to Season three. Just use a gory death to simulate drama instead of doing the more difficult task of writing and producing a meaningful story of a group of survivors that struggle against the darkest of protagonists.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12