Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1748 Post(s)
    Level
    I think after she confessed that Ty saw that it was eating at Carol. And that she would live with it until the last breath. So her punishment to me maybe worse than death.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by HateForTheMasses View Post
    How would everyone feel about Tyreese had he chosen to kill Carol at the end of The Grove? Obviously, Carol saw what she had done as being bad enough that she saw death as a fair punishment.
    I would have hated that he did it, but I could understand why. But, him being Ty, I don't think he could have lived with that, so he probably would have killed himself as well. So much for Judith. :)

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Level
    It always bothered me that she never helped to look for Sophia. Obviously I can't say for absolute certain what I'd do in that situation, but I have little doubt my ass would be out there searching for my baby and the only family I had left.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by booksrbetter View Post
    I remember watching Carol push that revolver over to Tyreese. She was certainly ready to accept his punishment. It has been harder for her to accept his forgivenesss.
    He could have killed Carol and no one would ever know, but Tyreese was on a higher moral plane. He never devolved into doing terrible things for survival. Killing Carol would have destroyed him. So even if no one would have blamed him for killing Carol? He couldn't do it because he recognized that she was punished for what she did. She had to live with it.
    Personally I think Tyreese killing Carol would have been a false note. He just wanted to put it in the back of his mind and move on. He didn't want to live with the guilt.
    He could have told the others and let them punish Carol and he chose not to. His actions could have been the reason for at least seven threads on this forum with no consensus in sight.
    I think she wouldn't have given him the gun if she wasn't ready to die for what she did. That says a lot about her remorse, and her grief for Ty. She knew she had hurt him badly, and knew that what she did hadn't stopped the illness, and was willing to accept his punishment. She had already been banished as punishment, but came back to save them anyway. She was punished by Rick in the worst way, then came back and saved them all because they are her family, even if they reject her. Then she's willing to let Tyreese punish her as well, because he was the one she knows is suffering because of what she did.
    I agree that it has been harder for her to accept his forgiveness.
    I agree that Ty saw that she was already punishing herself badly enough for it, that she carried their ghosts with her in her heart and regretted their deaths. I think he understood why she did it. So does Rick now. Everyone understands, but she still suffers over it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hymkr10297 View Post
    It always bothered me that she never helped to look for Sophia. Obviously I can't say for absolute certain what I'd do in that situation, but I have little doubt my ass would be out there searching for my baby and the only family I had left.
    Back then I didn't like that, either.
    But honestly, she would have just made things worse had she run off looking too. Plus, who knows what we would actually do in a terrible situation like that. If we are told not to go, we might just totally shut down and check out, and I think that's kinda what she did.
    I feel certain that I would go look no matter what. But most likely I would get myself killed doing that, and then they would find her and she'd have lost both parents.
    It bothered me, though, at the time.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    725 Post(s)
    Level
    I can get why she wasn't out in the woods looking for Sophia, but I don't get how she didn't help in other ways. She could have helped co-ordinate the search, marked off map grids, or even drive a car to aid in the search. Aside from that one trip where they left supplies for her, she did none of that.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gia Dixon View Post
    I would have hated that he did it, but I could understand why. But, him being Ty, I don't think he could have lived with that, so he probably would have killed himself as well. So much for Judith. :)
    Would have been out of character for Tyreese and would have spoiled his appeal - he took the high road

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shrike View Post
    I can get why she wasn't out in the woods looking for Sophia, but I don't get how she didn't help in other ways. She could have helped co-ordinate the search, marked off map grids, or even drive a car to aid in the search. Aside from that one trip where they left supplies for her, she did none of that.
    I understand why she didn't. She's a mom whose only child has vanished in a dangerous place. She's not thinking straight, she's in a panic, she's frantic. She can scream and cry, or she can shut down. But probably coordinating the search or driving anywhere would be way beyond what she could do.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymkr10297 View Post
    I think at that point she was afraid; she knew she wasn't capable of defending herself. Had Sofia disappeared a few seasons later I have no doubt Carol would have searched for her.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    I actually back Carol on not running half cocked into the woods. For once she respected the opinions of those around her that had more experience in such situations and trusted their judgment. She recognized that at that point she had no skills that could have been beneficial during that crisis. Regardless of the end result she made the right call in that moment.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1748 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by HateForTheMasses View Post
    I actually back Carol on not running half cocked into the woods. For once she respected the opinions of those around her that had more experience in such situations and trusted their judgment. She recognized that at that point she had no skills that could have been beneficial during that crisis. Regardless of the end result she made the right call in that moment.
    I feel the same way. Plus I think they would have had to look for her to if she ran off after Sophia.

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast