Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1959676869
  1. Back To Top    #681
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level
    I tried watching Succession but I don't think I gave it enough time and maybe it'll be better to watch when I have a lot of episodes to go through. Because I think when I tried it was the first 1 or 2 episodes so that waiting a week thing can be difficult with some shows. Especially if you aren't already invested in the characters. I should probably add it back to my list when I'm done with Animal Kingdom.

But I still gotta watch The Haunting of Bly Manor and Criminal UK Season 2. I'm falling a bit behind on shit because I'm playing Ghost of Tsushima.

2. Back To Top    #682
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1277 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I tried watching Succession but I don't think I gave it enough time and maybe it'll be better to watch when I have a lot of episodes to go through. Because I think when I tried it was the first 1 or 2 episodes so that waiting a week thing can be difficult with some shows. Especially if you aren't already invested in the characters. I should probably add it back to my list when I'm done with Animal Kingdom.

But I still gotta watch The Haunting of Bly Manor and Criminal UK Season 2. I'm falling a bit behind on shit because I'm playing Ghost of Tsushima.
    I can see how you might not be able to get into Succession. I stuck with it early on only because of the hype and expected to become involved. It worked. I had read in several places that some fans of Yellowstone (which I love) had said Succession is the only show on TV better than Yellowstone. Of course, I think BCS is a better show, but these two are high on my good list.

Succession now has two seasons behind it, so you can binge without having to wait for a new episode. It's been renewed for a third season which, of course, is not out yet. The characters are just a train wreck, and the story exists simply to give these characters the train to wreck. The music is great. It's just one melody, that I can tell, that is worked in at salient times during the episodes. They also do some interesting photography tricks that I have just started to pay attention to in season 2. They'll focus on a character or his or her hand or something in the middle of a scene when you're not expecting it, and it alerts you to something that's going to come up without being heavy handed about it.

Not that I care about the Emmys - I haven't watched in years - but Succession got 17 nominations in 2020, 8 of which were for acting.

The other categories Succession was nominated for included: Directing, Writing, Casting, Editing, Production Design, and Outstanding Drama Series.

Succession took home 2 of the most prestigious awards at this year’s Emmys. First, Strong won Outstanding Lead Actor In A Drama Series for his role as Kendall. It was especially exciting for Strong, given that the 2020 ceremony marked his first Emmy nomination and win. He beat out heavyweight performers such as Steve Carrell and Jason Bateman — but also his own Succession co-star, Cox.

To top the night off, Succession was also awarded an Emmy for Outstanding Drama Series — which holds extra weight as it is always the final award announced of the night. The show was nominated in the Drama category in 2019, but Succession lost to HBO juggernaut Game of Thrones.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...20-emmys.html/

3. Back To Top    #683
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Level
    The Haunting of Bly Manor
    Utopia
    The Boys Season 2

4. Back To Top    #684
    Status