Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gia Dixon View Post
    It's pretty clear there wasn't anything there. I thought the writers were pretty dumb to put the teenager with the way older bad boy. They got to know each other a bit before she died, there was no big romance. Ew.
    They pretty obviously made Beth do/wear/act like a young teen. But many have said they've only took interest in the show when they were paired together which shows, 1) they had not been paying attention to the obivous characteristics assigned to the characters during previous seasons, 2) On rewatch their perception was already altered.

Them being together did have a 'last people picked to be on a team' kinda vibe. I got what they were going for though. Just with the 'drama' over 4-5 hiatus it feels like they pulled the stops to take what those eps "started" during Coda.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1741 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekki Dixon View Post
    They pretty obviously made Beth do/wear/act like a young teen. But many have said they've only took interest in the show when they were paired together which shows, 1) they had not been paying attention to the obivous characteristics assigned to the characters during previous seasons, 2) On rewatch their perception was already altered.

Them being together did have a 'last people picked to be on a team' kinda vibe. I got what they were going for though. Just with the 'drama' over 4-5 hiatus it feels like they pulled the stops to take what those eps "started" during Coda.
    What I find funny is they get mad when you say Beth was a teen. 18 is a teenager lol.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Level
    What bothers me the most about this pairing is Beth's and Daryl's family dynamic before the fall of the prison. Daryl was the older generation. Her elder. They lived as a family for the past 18 months in that dynamic, then all the sudden they should hook up?
    My parents neighbor moved in when I was almost 16. He was there as I "grew up" and we have prob about the same age gap as Beth and Daryl. In my early 20s he started flirting with me and hitting on me and occasionally continues to do so and I'm going to be 36 in a week. It is skeevy as hell and grosses me out cause he knew me as a kid. It makes me cringe and think so little of him when he does that shit.

Daryl and Beth were also in very different stages of life. I don't care how immature daryl is/was or that Abe and Rosita had a thing. Rosita is mid twenties and mostly out of that impulsive, dumb stage of life and should, by then, have a good handle on what she wants out of life. A 17/18 yo does not.

So....that's my piece about this all.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia Dixon View Post
    What I find funny is they get mad when you say Beth was a teen. 18 is a teenager lol.
    I believe the term some (not all) also use 'misogyny' when you call her, her actual age (17). But, her being 17 doesn't "magically" mean she was mentally capable of an adult relationship... Even her as Judiths' "surrogate mother", some call (because babysitter makes her sound less mature) isn't an example of her maturity. She forgot about Judith, "We all have jobs to do". Beth forgot hers and put it at the back of her mind...to go drinking.... So "adult". It's compared to how Hershel reacted to the loss at/after the barn. He knew he could count on Maggie to look after Beth. Their home was still standing and there was the full group there. His whole reality had crumbled apart, and wife who he'd thought 'sick' for months, was "murdered" again infront of his eyes...and again when she grabbed Beth. As an ex alcoholic (even Beth herself said it got extreme enough to be put in a drunk tank) would turn to that vice (not all people would obviously, but story-telling/"progressing" cliches and that). Beth drinking past is watching her friends play a drinking game and whatever states she saw Hershel occasionally... Daryl shouldn't've shut off and allowed it/catered. He made many bad decisions over the course of those episodes. It might've been because he didn't know how to deal with such a young girl losing her father like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hymkr10297 View Post
    What bothers me the most about this pairing is Beth's and Daryl's family dynamic before the fall of the prison. Daryl was the older generation. Her elder. They lived as a family for the past 18 months in that dynamic, then all the sudden they should hook up?
    My parents neighbor moved in when I was almost 16. He was there as I "grew up" and we have prob about the same age gap as Beth and Daryl. In my early 20s he started flirting with me and hitting on me and occasionally continues to do so and I'm going to be 36 in a week. It is skeevy as hell and grosses me out cause he knew me as a kid. It makes me cringe and think so little of him when he does that shit.

Daryl and Beth were also in very different stages of life. I don't care how immature daryl is/was or that Abe and Rosita had a thing. Rosita is mid twenties and mostly out of that impulsive, dumb stage of life and should, by then, have a good handle on what she wants out of life. A 17/18 yo does not.

So....that's my piece about this all.
    Sorry to hear you experienced that.. and hope the guy got a friggin clue just what he was doing.

That's another one... The "Rosita/Abe is an age gap and people don't complain about them"... it IS a bit cringey, but Rosita is in her mid twenties and is shown on several occasions to be mature and level headed. Beth was shown to be (her age), impulsive, naive and dependent. Her first "real" experience with a weapon was missing the target and hurting her own ankle (Daryl, having to kill the walker), the grapple in the golf club cubby-hole was a close call. She had magic night vision auto-lock in the Grady basement.. which was just weird lol. Then of course Dawn, the ultimate impulsive manouver she made....
    Last edited by Bekki; August 26th, 2016 at 01:46 PM. Reason: spelling..

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick's Beard View Post
    I have to agree, sure thing - Daryl loved Beth as a sister, family member, perhaps even pseudo-daughter. There's no way they would have been romantically involved though, not for any reason short of repopulating and we're still so far away from being in that stage of ZA.

Then again I could be in denial, I've shipped Caryl since S1B, but I just don't see it.

I'm curious...how are you able to ship Caryl since S1B? I didn't think they had any interaction, other than the pickaxe, that could prompt a ship?

BTW, I say this a big fan of Carol, so not trolling you.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by randomeusername View Post
    I'm curious...how are you able to ship Caryl since S1B? I didn't think they had any interaction, other than the pickaxe, that could prompt a ship?

BTW, I say this a big fan of Carol, so not trolling you.
    No that's alright, I guess what I meant was that I've shipped Caryl ever since there was a Caryl to ship, and I suppose even the smallest interactions can result in fangirling shippers, I was the same way when it came to Crowley x Dean tbh!
    Sorry for the misunderstanding

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick's Beard View Post

No that's alright, I guess what I meant was that I've shipped Caryl ever since there was a Caryl to ship, and I suppose even the smallest interactions can result in fangirling shippers, I was the same way when it came to Crowley x Dean tbh!
    Sorry for the misunderstanding
    Ah, I get it. Thanks!

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    I swear I am going to have to break up with Tumblr. You search Daryl Dixon and you get nasty images of a big ole man screwing a girl. Like almost every damn picture Beth is looking 12 at the most. Daryl is big and burly. I so sucks being a Daryl fan and having to see that shit.
    And then you have the shit like this.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Wtf is that supposed to be? A very special TWD Halloween? Are they both supposed to be 12 now?

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1741 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by John Dixon View Post
    And then you have the shit like this.

Wtf is that supposed to be? A very special TWD Halloween? Are they both supposed to be 12 now?
    They llok like 3rd graders on Halloween.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    They llok like 3rd graders on Halloween.
    The people who draw this stuff are nuts. What would possess someone to not only think of this, but to actually draw it? Lol.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast