Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level

Michonne being a Mother?

I kinda got the impression that she may have been a mother because she knew that the crib would come in a box. Or need a box? I don't know anything about cribs) and that she knew the weight of it. She seemed to know what she was talking about. She was also quite gentle when comforting Penny, when she believed she was a living child held captive rather than an undead one who was being restrained.

Makes me wonder if she has her own heartache under that hard surface because, in all likelihood, her children, if they exist, are dead or wandering undead.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    This is one of the problems with the writers lack of development for the character. But after "Clear", they seem to be in the process of correcting this. May not mean anything for the tv series, but in Kirkman's short story about her ZA origins, published in the April 2012 issue of Playboy, they mentioned her relationship with a bf, Mike, the bf's annoying best friend, Terry, (they both later become her zombie "pets"), and her past career as an atty., but nothing was mentioned about children. I would think they'd have been mentioned if they existed. Afterr months on the road, alone with two zombies, it seems that she had plenty of hearache, even without losing children.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Michonne was one of four children that included a brother and two sisters. She practiced fencing when she was a child, and briefly picked the hobby up again when she was in college to study law. After graduating and getting her degree, she became a successful attorney and married a man with whom she had two daughters. They lived an average middle-class life in a suburban neighborhood, and often dealt with a troublesome teenager next door who she swore had once killed their cat and destroyed their fence with his Katana. She spent much of her free time weightlifting and avidly following televised football.

She eventually divorced her husband and at some point started dating another man named Mike. When the apocalypse began, she lost both of her daughters, presumably at the hands of zombies.
    I've read the comics but I either missed or forgot about this, which is from the TWD Wiki for her comic character.

That's really sad. :(

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Level
    http://spoilthedead.com/forum/showth...?1518-Specials Here's the link to the Michonne special issue fo the comics. I re-reviewed the first few minutes- Kenzen's music and effects really bring ti to life. He does such a great job with all of the issues of the comics here so we can enjoy them.

Didn't see any specifics about her having children but it does give a great reminder that she too was an attorney before the ZA. Great topic btw.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Didn't see any specifics about her having children but it does give a great reminder that she too was an attorney before the ZA. Great topic btw.
    I can't remember which comic it is, but Michonne tells Lori that she had an ex-husband, and two daughters, she also had a brother and sister.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    She was very sweet yet firm with Carl- almost motherly. Maybe the tv Michonne did have children? Either way I like how (and it took long enough) Michonne is opening up and I hope we see way more this!

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    All i know is she had a close family. But she brought the formula to the prison as well. I dont think she wouldve gotten involved if it wasnt to do w a baby. After clear i see her so much better. Shes so much prettier when she talks n smiles. She definitly has a nurturing quality to her. Cant wait to c more of that

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyinApocalypse View Post
    I can't remember which comic it is, but Michonne tells Lori that she had an ex-husband, and two daughters, she also had a brother and sister.
    Thank you so much for correcting my error and noting the daughters- thought I must be losing my mind! Kept thinking she did have children but couldn't find it in the special issue. Her knowing about the crib, understanding Carl's need for the photograph and her gentle wisdom with Carl was lovely in Clear

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 2pink View Post
    All i know is she had a close family. But she brought the formula to the prison as well. I dont think she wouldve gotten involved if it wasnt to do w a baby. After clear i see her so much better. Shes so much prettier when she talks n smiles. She definitly has a nurturing quality to her. Cant wait to c more of that
    The actress who plays her is pretty. Her acting is great to come off looking so rough. She looks the total opposite as herself.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    I hope the episodes in the second half of Season 4 answered this question. Now the question is how her child died and I the camp she, her lover and her lovers best friend went to as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast