Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?


Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 302
  1. Back To Top    #51
    Status
    Offline
    Zombie Hoarder Huner with a T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    789
    Threads
    56
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Points
    2,535
    Level
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by meesha1971 View Post
    @Mia Dixon - I went back to check for you because I know how much you love Carol. The big Carol episodes so far seem to be 7x03 and 7x08 - that's where the questions about the creepy house will be answered I think. What I've heard from the spoiler ninjas is that Carol is still depressed and she still wants to run away to be by herself. She attempts to put on a similar act at the Kingdom that she did at ASZ, but Ezekiel does not fall for it. Ezekiel has a soft spot for Carol and is interested in her. I don't know how she ends up at the creepy house, but it doesn't seem to be a secret since Morgan and Ezekiel both go there to see her and someone tells Daryl that she is there - possibly Morgan or Rogers/Richard. Maybe that was a compromise to prevent her from taking off on her own again? She can be alone there, but not completely isolated since they know where she is and can check on her. Pure speculation on my part.
    Honestly this house probably is some kind of isolation space for Carol to live and heal while she's staying with the Kingdom people... IF Ezekiel has a soft sport for Carol I can totally seeing him actually talk with Carol to see what she wants and then they both come to the solution of her just staying at this place. Now it doesn't look very protected, but if it's just Carol there most of the time I'm sure that its a pretty nice place for her to chill. Plus wiht movie magic they can make it look more protected and closer to the actual Kingdom if they wanted.

    I assume during her stay that Carol rubs this Richard guy the wrong way. Maybe he get's jealous of Ezekiel's fascination or nurturing of her.

  2. Back To Top    #52
    Status
    Offline
    Demon of War whargoul's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    416
    Threads
    13
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Points
    505
    Level
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by meesha1971 View Post
    I get what you're saying and there is a point to be made because that was definitely not a heroic act or even self defense. And, ultimately, they did make a big mistake in attacking that outpost because that enabled Negan to find out about ASZ and come after them sooner than he would have otherwise - especially with Carol and Maggie being captured and Carol giving them so much information trying to talk Paula into letting them go. However, we do know that Negan would have come after them and murdered someone regardless. That's what Negan does - or has the saviors do for him. Once they started exploring and scavenging in that direction, it was inevitable for them to run into another group - or groups - of saviors so it was also inevitable that Negan would eventually find ASZ. Attacking the outpost was a big mistake, but also a lesson for the group because it was a potential turning point. Had it been completely successful - i.e. Paula's crew didn't manage to escape, take a couple of hostages, and pass on information to other saviors - that could have put the group on an entirely different path. As it stands, they've realized that this is not who they are. Being paid assassins didn't really sit well with any of them - even Rick had to keep reminding himself they were doing it for food. Realizing the consequences with Negan finding them and retaliating this way only reinforces that lesson and, ultimately, is what will prevent them from becoming villains.
    I agree that Negan would eventually come after them, but we are mostly just assuming that from the books. My arguments are purely show based, and formed only by what has been presented on screen. On the television show Rick and company are the aggressors. If Negan kills Glenn, he is killing a character who murdered his men in their sleep like a coward. I've been reading the comics since I bought issue 1 new off the rack, so I intentionally try and watch the show without connecting character traits between the two mediums. Show Andrea forced me to do that, lol.

  3. Back To Top    #53
    Status
    Offline
    Sharpshooter Bork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,010
    Threads
    27
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Points
    648
    Level
    21
    I'm shocked that I'm here too, although my activity did decline as expected. It's college, and so far it's been easy to manage. I reward being ahead in my classes with a self-controlled leisure activity like Spoil The Dead. I figure that things will get intense within two weeks time. When they do, this website won't exist in my mind, and that's as good as an app, ban requests, parental controls with convoluted passwords stored home, or changes in the terminal to block everything. Not sure why I didn't think of that earlier; I can knock distractions off at will.

    I'm 100% IN that bet unless @Misza decides to pussy out. Even if she did pussy out, I still wouldn't watch if Carol lived. Based on spoilers, the probability of Carol dying is quite low. Can't say I really mind.

    Like I said before, Carol fans crumble under pressure. They're mentally fragile. If there were an anti-Bork poster around that managed to get on my nerves (a feat in itself), I would take them out head on. What can Carolers do to the anti-Caroler poster that makes them foam at the mouth with rage? Concede to them. Launch EMBARRASSING tear-filled posts toward them. Say that they'll ignore them only to be drawn into discussions they start. Try to take the moral high ground only to descend into delusion. Accuse them of being a sock puppet with no substantial evidence in an attempt to establish pseudo-shipping leverage (this I now love). None of these things work, so what's left to do? Wait the anti-Caroler out and hide in protected sections until they're gone. That's pretty pathetic, but in a way I find it flattering. I could never post again and walk off with the achievement (easy work) of dismantling the forum's largest fanbase unscathed. Maybe that trite adage of "history is written by the victors" wouldn't hold true because history would be written by the losers.

    Why did you initially delete this post? Reminds me of the "Bethnapper" comment you made on the news thread that mysteriously disappeared.

  4. Back To Top    #54
    Status
    Offline
    Governor meesha1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kentucky
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    9,787
    Threads
    527
    Mentioned
    527 Post(s)
    Points
    7,265
    Level
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Huner with a T View Post
    Honestly this house probably is some kind of isolation space for Carol to live and heal while she's staying with the Kingdom people... IF Ezekiel has a soft sport for Carol I can totally seeing him actually talk with Carol to see what she wants and then they both come to the solution of her just staying at this place. Now it doesn't look very protected, but if it's just Carol there most of the time I'm sure that its a pretty nice place for her to chill. Plus wiht movie magic they can make it look more protected and closer to the actual Kingdom if they wanted.

    I assume during her stay that Carol rubs this Richard guy the wrong way. Maybe he get's jealous of Ezekiel's fascination or nurturing of her.
    The current speculation is that Richard thinks killing Carol and making it look like saviors did it will make it easier for him to manipulate Ezekiel into joining the war. Which sounds really convoluted to me. But this is just speculation and there hasn't been any confirmation on that rumor at this point.

    I think the house could be a compromise. Morgan isn't going to let Carol run off by herself and get herself killed - which is what would happen eventually because either her luck would eventually run out or her depression would be an issue and she'd let herself be killed like she was going to with that savior before Morgan showed up to save her. I don't think Ezekiel would allow her to just run off on her own like that either - especially if he does have a soft spot for her. The house seems like it might be a good compromise because it's somewhere along the route to the Kingdom - not sure how close, but they know where it is and could check on her there. So Carol could have the time alone she wants, but still not be completely isolated.

    Quote Originally Posted by whargoul View Post
    I agree that Negan would eventually come after them, but we are mostly just assuming that from the books. My arguments are purely show based, and formed only by what has been presented on screen. On the television show Rick and company are the aggressors. If Negan kills Glenn, he is killing a character who murdered his men in their sleep like a coward. I've been reading the comics since I bought issue 1 new off the rack, so I intentionally try and watch the show without connecting character traits between the two mediums. Show Andrea forced me to do that, lol.
    Oh, I wasn't thinking about the comic. In the comic, they drew Negan's attention to them as well - and there were no previous run ins with the saviors that allowed them to know these guys were bad news. They just took Jesus and Gregory's word for it and killed the group they encountered after that - except for one that Rick sent back to Negan with a message that they would be taking over the protection of Hilltop and demanding half of the saviors supplies. The show set that up in a more plausible way with Daryl, Sasha, and Abraham having 2 encounters with the saviors during NWO - both of which showed the saviors were an enemy - so it wasn't just a matter of Rick just accepting the word of a couple of people he had just met. They had evidence that these guys were bad news. Still, attacking the outpost was a big mistake because it was unprovoked and Rick didn't get enough information before carrying it out. They didn't know how many saviors there were, that there are other outposts and a main base, or even a basic description of Negan. Too many assumptions that ultimately led to Negan finding out about them - and the fact that they had killed a bunch of saviors.

    Based on what they have presented in the show, we can absolutely determine that the saviors would have eventually found ASZ regardless. A group on a supply run encountering another group of saviors would be the most likely way that would happen - they weren't always going to be lucky enough to have an RPG handy in that kind of situation. But they could also have found out about ASZ from someone at Hilltop or even come across it on their own because Dwight could tell them there might be another community out there somewhere even if he didn't know exactly where it was. What's most significant about the attack on the outpost was that it enabled Paula to witness Rick's group attacking them - and be able to describe everyone there - as well as finding out that Rick's group killed T's group. Paula was in communication with other saviors and was able to report all of that. Negan came after Rick the way he did because he found out that this 1 group had killed everyone in T's group, every savior at that outpost - including Paula's crew, and the saviors who had been sent to get Paula's crew out of there. Negan's not just looking to have control of ASZ and take half of their supplies on a regular basis - he also wants to punish Rick for those deaths. That was the lesson for Rick's group. They made that deal with Hilltop in exchange for food and believed they would end the threat before it began. But instead, they just made the threat to themselves even bigger and made Negan more determined to find them. They started something instead of ending it because they acted against their better judgement. They tried to be paid assassins and, not only did that not sit well with any of them, it ended up putting them in even more danger. I think they will learn that lesson and not try something like that again.

  5. Back To Top    #55
    Status
    Offline
    Lookout awaywithyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Home Sweet Oklahoma
    Posts
    436
    Threads
    11
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Points
    1,209
    Level
    11
    Wow this is defiantly not what I thought I'd be reading when I opened this thread lol. Pretty funny stuff!

  6. Back To Top    #56
    Status
    Offline
    a time for wolves day dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Winterfell
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    15,680
    Threads
    95
    Mentioned
    608 Post(s)
    Points
    13,503
    Level
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia Dixon View Post
    Thanks
    Don't worry. I imagine after her talk with Daryl, Carol is going to be prompted to find the balance. I think Dwight comes into play eventually, but I think Daryl and Carol will leave the Kingdom together to fight the war. Their conversation wouldn't have gotten so much attention if it was just a small thing.

  7. Back To Top    #57
    Status
    Offline
    🌻🌼🌺🌷🌸 Mia's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Sitting on Norman's nipple
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    30,482
    Threads
    104
    Mentioned
    1743 Post(s)
    Points
    17,389,731
    Level
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by day dreamer View Post
    Don't worry. I imagine after her talk with Daryl, Carol is going to be prompted to find the balance. I think Dwight comes into play eventually, but I think Daryl and Carol will leave the Kingdom together to fight the war. Their conversation wouldn't have gotten so much attention if it was just a small thing.
    I hope they leave together. Can't wait to see how it plays out.

  8. Back To Top    #58
    Status
    Offline
    Governor whitestar1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Kingdom of canonville 👅
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    16,396
    Threads
    26
    Mentioned
    609 Post(s)
    Points
    17,775
    Level
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by meesha1971 View Post
    No, Dwight didn't know about ASZ specifically. He knew Daryl - and Daryl told him he came from a good community - but that was all Dwight knew. Daryl never told him anything specific so Dwight didn't know the name of the community, where it was located, other people's names, etc... And Dwight didn't really believe Daryl at that time. That's why he took Daryl's stuff and ran. So all Dwight could reveal when he was recaptured was that there was 1 guy out there who claimed to be part of a community. He couldn't tell them where the community was, what it was called, how many people lived there - or anything that would help them find it. Daryl was going to take them there, but he didn't tell them anything that would allow them to find it on their own. Likewise, Dwight did not know anything about people from Rick's group killing saviors.

    Paula knew more and was in contact with other saviors the entire time she was holding Carol and Maggie hostage. She witnessed the attack on the outpost and saw everyone who participated so she could give descriptions. She got names from Carol and Maggie - particularly, Rick's name and that he was the leader from Carol. Carol also told them that their people had killed T's group - they had known that T's group was killed and where, but not who had done it. So Negan could be told that this 1 group, led by a man named Rick, was responsible for the deaths of everyone in T's group as well as every savior in that outpost and the ones that had been sent to get Paula's crew. That's what made Negan determined to find them. They killed more saviors than he was comfortable with so he wasn't just looking for another community to take supplies from. He was also looking to punish Rick for the saviors his people had already killed. And he knew exactly how many and where because Carol told Paula and she was able to pass that on to other saviors before she was killed. Dwight did not know any of that information.
    Meesha I really do enjoy reading your head gymnastics headcanons.But as a fan of the show I go by what is actually shown on the screen. So you saying it was Carol's fault, has no bases at all. As it was never happened on the screen.


  9. Back To Top    #59
    Status
    Offline
    I am King, everything is possible. King Grimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    14,246
    Threads
    4007
    Mentioned
    742 Post(s)
    Points
    12,817
    Level
    49
    Let's keep this discussion to the current spoilers. If you wish to debate about Carol then take to the Carol board where there are many debate topics ready for you. If you're too scared to debate over there don't think you'll be able to take pot shots at certain people in here. Debate Carol over there or in other threads where it belongs. It doesn't belong here.

    Discussion of past TWD episodes/actions of characters belong elsewhere on the TWD boards. All discussion on the Spoiler Discussion board should be about season 7's spoilers/possibilities.

    Also the moderator queue has been amped up to fight a current influx of spammers and all members will see an increase of false positives until it's under control which should be soon.

  10. Back To Top    #60
    Status
    Offline
    Walker RobZombee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    28
    Threads
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Points
    115
    Level
    3
    Who is this Spork fella? a spoon or a fork?

    But I digress, seems this whole thread is flame bait and quite frankly I'm surprised this post wasn't only deleted, but a huge warning thrown your way by King of Grimes Universe!!!

    I surely hope there is an anti-Spork poster, cause Spork says a lot without really saying anything at all.. And would someone please tell Spork to quit wasting our time posting in the WRONG Forum! Spoilers only please. This needs moved to the Drivel forum.




    Quote Originally Posted by Bork View Post
    I'm shocked that I'm here too, although my activity did decline as expected. It's college, and so far it's been easy to manage. I reward being ahead in my classes with a self-controlled leisure activity like Spoil The Dead. I figure that things will get intense within two weeks time. When they do, this website won't exist in my mind, and that's as good as an app, ban requests, parental controls with convoluted passwords stored home, or changes in the terminal to block everything. Not sure why I didn't think of that earlier; I can knock distractions off at will.

    I'm 100% IN that bet unless @Misza decides to pussy out. Even if she did pussy out, I still wouldn't watch if Carol lived. Based on spoilers, the probability of Carol dying is quite low. Can't say I really mind.

    Like I said before, Carol fans crumble under pressure. They're mentally fragile. If there were an anti-Bork poster around that managed to get on my nerves (a feat in itself), I would take them out head on. What can Carolers do to the anti-Caroler poster that makes them foam at the mouth with rage? Concede to them. Launch EMBARRASSING tear-filled posts toward them. Say that they'll ignore them only to be drawn into discussions they start. Try to take the moral high ground only to descend into delusion. Accuse them of being a sock puppet with no substantial evidence in an attempt to establish pseudo-shipping leverage (this I now love). None of these things work, so what's left to do? Wait the anti-Caroler out and hide in protected sections until they're gone. That's pretty pathetic, but in a way I find it flattering. I could never post again and walk off with the achievement (easy work) of dismantling the forum's largest fanbase unscathed. Maybe that trite adage of "history is written by the victors" wouldn't hold true because history would be written by the losers.

    Why did you initially delete this post? Reminds me of the "Bethnapper" comment you made on the news thread that mysteriously disappeared.

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Related Topics

  1. Spoilers: Breakdown of 7A Based on Filming Spoilers
    By meesha1971 in forum Season Seven
    Replies: 382
    Last Post: December 10th, 2016, 01:58 PM
  2. Replies: 46
    Last Post: October 27th, 2015, 12:04 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: July 28th, 2014, 04:25 AM
  4. funny* based on spoilers* theories
    By Battie in forum Season Three
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: March 23rd, 2013, 05:06 AM
  5. Theory Based on Filming Spoilers
    By Ahrean in forum Season Three
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: March 14th, 2013, 09:34 PM

Spoil The Dead is the largest & number one fansite for AMC's The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead, Image Comic's The Walking Dead, and the Telltale Games. Offering spoilers, games, and community to fans & zombie enthusiasts.