Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Zombie Hoarder AllLifeIsPrecious's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Level
    Negan wanting to take Maggie to the Sanctuary made me hate him 50 times more than I already did. He already killed Glenn & Abraham, nearly made Rick cut off Carl's arm, took Daryl and tortured him, and have taken more than half of their supplies. Give Rick & co a fucking break already.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Level
    II donít generally bother with love and hate threads (well except for Beth) but Negan is ruining TWD for me. The unrelieved misery of this season is not enjoyable for me and he is the cause of it.

Villains like Shane, the Governor, Gareth, and Joe were great characters whom I loved to hate but I just hate Negan. Heís a sociopathic extortionist, torturer, rapist (yes he is a rapist) and murderer but worst of all, heís boring. He never shuts up and itís the same thing over and over and over again. Iíve stopped watching TWD live and can only get through the Negan episodes by fast-forwarding through his long and boring speeches.

First we had Negan in the forest clearing, then Negan at the Sanctuary, and lastly Negan at Alexandria. Heís the same all the time and we have yet to learn anything really new beyond what we saw in the S6 finale. I think JDM is doing a good job with some of the acting but all that tilting back and forth makes him look more like a hyper-active child than a grown man.

Plus how is Negan going to top what he did in the premiere? Anything else, short of murdering Judith, will be anticlimactic. We know heís going to kill more people with that silly bat, we just donít know who. I donít even care anymore because most of the characters I really like, with the exception of Rosita and Aaron, are either not in Alexandria at the moment or are untouchable.

To me, Negan was definitely more scary before we met him. Even now, less would be more.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Jaywalking Loiterer ShanesAddiction's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Level
    Negan is a waste of air time. So far he's been a one-dimensional bore fest.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    725 Post(s)
    Level
    I think Negan is one dimensional because he seems to present the same face all the time. There's no sense he's hiding anything, he puts all his badness out there because he likes people to see it.

I found the Governor much more interesting because he did have a public face and a separate private face that viewed fishtanks full of heads. For example when he had the national guardsmen killed, he kept it secret from the rest of the Woodbury folks. Negan wouldn't have.

And at least in S4 we could get a sense the Governor was trying to escape his past, but was being drawn into it, both liking and hating it at the same time. Negan wouldn't have hated it, indeed he would have actively sought it out.

Though maybe as the season goes on we'll find Negan is more complex.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Level
    His back-story would sure be interesting. He seems to have a messiah complex, what with the words used (the Saviors, the Sanctuary). He seems to think of himself as a messiah. Not to mention the interesting name of the bat he carries around, and personifies. He treats and talks about his bat as a separate person. Maybe he splits his personality so that he can put the blame for his actions on "Lucille" ? Doesn't accept the responsibility for what the bat does. He apparently sees himself as saving the world. Serious mental issues. (Hope this isn't repetitive)

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    725 Post(s)
    Level
    That could be true, but in the preview he seemed to be smirking as he talked about Saviours. Maybe he needs to to sway the rest of them by giving them a seemingly higher motive. Or maybe all his followers are just little wannabe Negans who realize the best way to more loot is to follow him.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Level
    Negan is one dimensional. Cartoonish. The Governor was far more frightening because he could appear to be sane, focused, and humane. That was apparent from the scene in which he slaughtered the National Guard troops. He had two faces, one was the genial leader (like Ezekiel) and then we saw the face that wanted the National Guard supplies.
    Negan's a sadist. He keeps his prey alive so that he can enjoy the torture longer. He should be the scariest of all the villains that we have me but he is also the court jester instead of the king.
    He can mock, prance, blather along for as long as TPTB let him but he won't touch either the Governor or Gareth for fear inducing villain.
    I still shiver when I think about the dentist chair that the Governor had in his special room or Gareth's casual acceptance of cannibalism.
    Negan is the court jester and the joke is on all of us.

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    I'm so disappointed with the presentation of Negan. I wanted to love him. I just can't. I gave him a solid chance in the premeire and did enjoy him in that episode. Then I realized the volume is turned to 11 all the time. Which is boring. Every villain needs flashes of good sometimes. Darth Vader showed it to us with his uncertainty about Luke. Hannibal made us wonder at all times if he did somehow possibly care about Will/Clarice. Negan feels more like a checklist of "evilness" as opposed to an actual person

Willing to brutally kill people fro no reason with a smile on his face...check
    Tortures people psychologically....check
    God complex that takes it so far people kneel to him....check
    Sees women as object thats he own and rapes them....check
    Has no problem abusing a child....check
    Abusing animals....I'm sure we will see that soon

We get it. He's bad. They might add layers to him later on, but have they already laid it on so thick that I will even be able to give a shit. Probably so. At least with Gov they made you wonder if a part of him maybe did give a shit about his followers. At least with Gareth they tried to make you wonder if maybe he wouldn't be doing what he was doing if he didn't view it as necessary to eat. Wonder if maybe he did wish he could still welcome people in. Even when someone is putting on an act one has to think that some of it might actually be real. There's at least some suspense. Even if the outcome is predictable.

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1748 Post(s)
    Level
    I want him to be scary and I want him to be unpredictable. So far he is neither of those things. I think he has little dick syndrome.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    The truly sad thing is that I can't even tell if it's how they are writing Negan or if it's JDM's portrayal that I hate. I should be their captive audience for this guy, yet so far I loathe him. He's just lame. He looks awful, he sounds awful and I just don't buy him as this powerful, threatening, charismatic leader that has completely dominated his community and all the surrounding ones. I love flawed, I love temperamental, I'm literally sitting there wanting to love this character and I just don't.
    Oh and he's also about as sexy as a bucket of vomit, so there's that as well. They are giving me nothing.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast