Alice. I Really Wanted Her To Live.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripley View Post
    Glenn's death was too heartbreakingly pointless IMO and there is no fate cruel enough for Negan unless they let a walker gnaw on him while still alive and restrained every day for an hour and then left him a limbless, jawless walker wiggling around on the salted ground somewhere far away.

Go ahead, ask me how I really feel about that !
    This. Exactly.

I hope Maggie gets to Negan and does what Michonne did to the Governor to him but worse.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    In the middle of a Jessie and Aaron sandwich.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Level
    Hershel, Billy (Greene) and Alice. I feel like Billy and Alice both had a lot of potential, especially Alice. I was a bit surprised to see her go so soon. I honestly don't like Maggie in the comics as much as I do in the show, so I would've rather seen Billy go on to be the remaining member of the Greene family.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Level
    Lets see Daryl, oh wait nvm... Yea, I agree Alice had potential and it did feel she was killed quite early (but that was sort of the point, many died tragically in the prison attack), Glenn's death did suck but I suppose in that way it served its purpose, Abraham for much the same reason but I have come to peace with all of that.

I think Lily could have survived if only for a moment (I know Kirkman reported they all died off-page eventually), could have had an extra piece showing her fate/background (aside from Kirkman's novels). Would have been weird had she somehow caught up with the prison survivors, would they have recognized her? She DID kill Lori and Judith though so maybe she could have shown up only to accept death from Rick/Carl (haha a bit of a stretch I know)...

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Level
    Alice - She could have lived so much longer, I really liked her.

Abraham - I did not like his death. He is just so awesome and had more story left to tell.

Also call me a sadistic man but I liked Glenn's death, I felt the brutality was really good. It helped show Kirkman was ready to butcher a main character with the rest of the group watching on. Oh and Lucille is a vampire bat.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Level
    Morgan
    Abraham
    Dale
    Douglas
    Billy
    Alice

Honestly, I rather would've had Billy live instead of Maggie. It would've provided Glenn with some meatier material going forward (for me, the relationship storyline got increasingly dull the further it went on)

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrion93 View Post
    Morgan
    Abraham
    Dale
    Douglas
    Billy
    Alice

Honestly, I rather would've had Billy live instead of Maggie. It would've provided Glenn with some meatier material going forward (for me, the relationship storyline got increasingly dull the further it went on)
    I think the meatier portion of Glenn's storyline comes from threats to Maggie. Killing her off just leaves him heartbroken. No storyline moving forward there. Glenn mans up when she's threatened. The idea one of those characters has to die to give the others a storyline moving forward is misguided.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gravelord View Post
    Abraham - I did not like his death. He is just so awesome and had more story left to tell.

Also call me a sadistic man but I liked Glenn's death, I felt the brutality was really good. It helped show Kirkman was ready to butcher a main character with the rest of the group watching on. Oh and Lucille is a vampire bat.
    Agreed about Abraham. Even Kirkman has said it was one of those things he did and then later thought, shit, I shouldn't have done that.

I'm not thrilled with the death of Glenn only because it didn't generate any new story. Rick has issues with Negan and the Saviors regardless of Glenn's death, and since Glenn's death, Maggie, her unborn child and Sophia have essentially dropped out of sight.

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I think I was okay with Glenn's death because his story was complete. His death didn't really affect anything else, but that was where his story was supposed to end. Think about what it would have been like if TV Shane lived past season 2. It would be fun to watch, but it wouldn't have made sense story-wise.

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AlVan View Post
    I think I was okay with Glenn's death because his story was complete. His death didn't really affect anything else, but that was where his story was supposed to end. Think about what it would have been like if TV Shane lived past season 2. It would be fun to watch, but it wouldn't have made sense story-wise.
    Shane's death made sense because he was in direct confrontation with the protagonist of the story, and not killing him would have made Rick appear impotent and weak. The two characters could not logically exist in the same space any longer. There was nothing like that going on with Glenn. He was at a crossroads over which community to live in, Rick's or the Hilltop, he was helping to raise Sophia and had the struggle of a new infant on the way to figure out, since, in the comic, they have never actually had to address that problem. I believe your argument is flawed.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Level
    I say Glenn but I think his time was up... Il go with Abraham.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast