Thread: Trevschan2?

1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    586 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Man View Post
    I'm unsure whether or not this topic has already been discussed or is currently in existence, I did not find anything when using the search engine so my apologies if I am duplicating or have missed something; moderators, feel free to delete or edit as you see fit.

For those of you who are unaware, there is a particular fella on Youtube donning the alias Trevschan2 that more-than-regularly uploads video ideas, contrasts, discussions and predictions regarding both the Walking Dead television show and comic series.

Am I the only one fascinated by this guy's level-headed perception of our beloved undead universe? I rarely find the time to invest myself in the rants of avid Youtube bloggers, but something about this guy--his delivery, his style and attention to detail--has really been keeping me intrigued during the dead week inbetween Sundays where the webisodes once had my attention. It's not uncommon to find him having made a video regarding just about any conceivable question you have or have once had about the Walking Dead's running television series. When I say he displays a lot of contrast, I mean that his videos are more dedicated to the show, but he always finds the time to reference relevant comic issues or events to the pertaining episode so as to keep both leagues of fans in attendance. It's obvious from his knowledge that he's just a fan like the rest of us, but his channel seems to be more kempt and to the point than most bloggers; as I mentioned prior, it is always updated to the most recent episode with a decently running timed discussion about interesting details that happened or events that have paved the way to allow other events to transpire in their wake, and is constantly challenging Kirkman and his writing team by predicting how the follow up episodes could occur or what seems to be the most likely candidate in a group of ideas.

I don't do this often, but I would easily recommend his channel to any avid fans who find themselves twiddling their thumbs during the business week. He knows enough about the franchise to introduce complex theories and character opinions that you can either agree with or not without wanting to peel your own eyes or ears out from watching or listening to someone who obviously doesn't know what they're rambling about or missed some small detail. He's knowledgeable to the point that you don't feel insulted in the sense that you're reading a Walking Dead article written by a freelance critic who clearly hasn't familiarized himself with the content or the set of rules that apply to it.
    I used to but now.............. nope.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara21 View Post
    I used to enjoy this guy but then ugh christ, runs with the horses and hounds, one minute he hates this one and beefing on about it next one is following a new trend. Then started copying Emergency I follow Emergency now.

All about how many people will follow me, sometimes I wonder if he actually watches the show. or just reads the spoilers.
    The guy who does Emergency is really fun and bubbly. I don't watch a lot of youtube videos but I always had a better time with Emergency.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    I've seen a couple of his videos but he's far too repetitive for me to sit through. Although people saying his predictions are off recently can't blame him. The show has made little no no sense in it's plots and I found that myself along with other fans that can work through things with a degree of logic have been floored by the shows lack of plot

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Level
    Trevschan is only doing it for the youtube money, and he bases his "opinions" and "predictions" around what people want to hear. I have noticed that he often changes his "opinions" based around what is popular with the general fans. As long as he can keep them happy, he knows that he will keep bringing in the Youtube money.

I always tell people to stop giving him the views, but the sheep will do what the shepherd wants I guess.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Level
    To people complaining about him copying Emergency Awesome - You realize everything is a copy of a copy of a copy. You know, that old adage, Nothing new under the sun.

To the people complaining about him making money on his videos - Obvious jealousy going on. If you could make money doing what you love, you would do it. If you are doing it, how do you feel about those people that give you shit for it? You don't give a shit right. I'm sure Trevs heart is broken because you hate him for making money.

guess what though, Emergency Awesome does it for the money. Ohhhh the Travesty! Guess I can't watch him either.

He has quality and consistent content. I support his channel. As a matter of fact, I was just watching a video by him as I stumbled across this thread.

Lastly, What's up with everyone hating on everyone? If you don't like him, ok. But nearly all the reasons stated for not liking him in this thread were absurd.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by spectre View Post
    To people complaining about him copying Emergency Awesome - You realize everything is a copy of a copy of a copy. You know, that old adage, Nothing new under the sun.

To the people complaining about him making money on his videos - Obvious jealousy going on. If you could make money doing what you love, you would do it. If you are doing it, how do you feel about those people that give you shit for it? You don't give a shit right. I'm sure Trevs heart is broken because you hate him for making money.

guess what though, Emergency Awesome does it for the money. Ohhhh the Travesty! Guess I can't watch him either.

He has quality and consistent content. I support his channel. As a matter of fact, I was just watching a video by him as I stumbled across this thread.

Lastly, What's up with everyone hating on everyone? If you don't like him, ok. But nearly all the reasons stated for not liking him in this thread were absurd.
    There is nothing wrong with him doing it for the money, I'm just saying, watching his channel for his opinions is kind of pointless, because you will never get his opinion. You will just get what he sees in his comment section, recycled back at you.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Level
    There are a loooooot of people on youtube making money off posting videos. Maybe my problem is that we aren't offered pretty pictures during those videos, I dunno? I just honestly feel that the videos lose my attention quickly.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Level
    He hated Beth and then went onto basically shipping Bethyl. Two huge strikes on my part :)!

On top of that I think he's pretty bland , predictions go no where and he doesn't take off hater/lover sunglasses when he judges things. It's more about what people wish to happen then what will actually happen. Just not that into his videos!

Of course to each their own and he has plenty of fans

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Level
    I stopped watching his vids a few years ago because of the low accuracy rate and the disregarding of evidence. He was entertaining though I guess.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Level
    I used to watch him a lot, but recently he just doesn't grab my attention anymore, rarely do I watch his videos now if at all.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Spoil The Dead is the largest & number one fansite for AMC's The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead, Image Comic's The Walking Dead, and the Telltale Games. Offering spoilers, games, and community to fans & zombie enthusiasts.