Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronx Cheer View Post
    I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority here, but I found his introduction to be melodramatic and for the most part boring. Like lambs to the slaughter. Marching back and forth with that bat, baiting them, daring any one of them to bat an eyelash. Where was the introduction to this character? Where was the build-up? Can't say I'm the least bit interested in the follow-up. Frankly, I doubt I'll watch it -- why would I? Blood/gore/tears? That's not real drama -- that's melodrama. Ain't for me.
    I think I misunderstood what you asked. The build-up was throughout most of the season. Negan was mentioned in almost every interaction with the Saviors and with the Hilltop. Even when not mentioned, he was the key to everything the Saviors did and that was made pretty clear. The entire, "We are all Negan," thing is, in my opinion, a bit intriguing in itself. There's actually been more build-up for him than most.

Once it happens, it won't be boring. Yes, the act is brutal and it should be bloody and gory. The thing is, it drives so much going forward. It really is pivotal to the story. it's not just about the gore.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by blackjack View Post
    I think I misunderstood what you asked. The build-up was throughout most of the season. Negan was mentioned in almost every interaction with the Saviors and with the Hilltop. Even when not mentioned, he was the key to everything the Saviors did and that was made pretty clear. The entire, "We are all Negan," thing is, in my opinion, a bit intriguing in itself. There's actually been more build-up for him than most.

Once it happens, it won't be boring. Yes, the act is brutal and it should be bloody and gory. The thing is, it drives so much going forward. It really is pivotal to the story. it's not just about the gore.
    Thank you - I understand what you say is true. I still can't get around how they let themselves arrive there without knowing where they were going. They came from a forested area, and all of a sudden were on a macadam drive, and didn't seem to take note of that. Can't get that fact out of my head.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by beethedead View Post
    @Bork, I think you have the title of the thread wrong. These things usually read "Let's have a mature discussion" and then they (we) proceed to engage in a series of harangues, arguments and some truly random and unintelligible commentary.
    I've always thought that the "mature discussion" part was a built-in crutch for people who get dominated in arguments, and that's definitely how I've seen it relate to the debate threads. WAR makes more sense to me given that Negan is a divisive and unavoidable character.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Level
    Until Rick regrow a brain and stops making horrible decisions and becomes likeable again, I am Team Negan.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ENIDORDINE View Post
    Until Rick regrow a brain and stops making horrible decisions and becomes likeable again, I am Team Negan.
    Welcome aboard the Negan war wagon.

21 days

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bork View Post

21 days
    If Rick and company went through these guys like they did the Wolves and Termites I really would quit watching the show. They screwed with the wrong people and watching them get humbled will be interesting, sad but interesting, no more cape of invincibility.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Level

21 days
    Stay as you are, little blue boy -- you're where you belong.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Level
    I've always thought that the "mature discussion" part was a built-in crutch for people who get dominated in arguments, and that's definitely how I've seen it relate to the debate threads. WAR makes more sense to me given that Negan is a divisive and unavoidable character.
    Yes, agreed. Negan is divisive and unavoidable much like other much "debated" characters such as Carol and Beth

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm tired of the super villains.
    Negan has only been seen for, what? Five minutes? And I'm already sick of him.
    Tired of hearing him mentioned every two minutes. Tired of comic fans mentioning him even more. No one can live up to that much hype. And he doesn't.
    His smile is too smarmy. He's just annoying to me. I want him to die already.
    Well acted, though, which is always a plus.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ENIDORDINE View Post
    If Rick and company went through these guys like they did the Wolves and Termites I really would quit watching the show. They screwed with the wrong people and watching them get humbled will be interesting, sad but interesting, no more cape of invincibility.
    Yeah, I'd probably stop watching too. I enjoyed seasons 5 and 6 but felt as though they were exceptions to a rule of bitter survival. My hope is that the writers intentionally bloated the cast so there could be plenty of meaningful deaths in season 7/8. Negan and the Saviors need to be a force, not a farce.
    Quote Originally Posted by beethedead View Post
    Yes, agreed. Negan is divisive and unavoidable much like other much "debated" characters such as Carol and Beth
    Indeed, and reasonably so. Luckily the comparison stops there. Repetitive emotional tripe - NOPE. Shipping undertones and jealousy - NOPE. Nebulous, overextended generalities (Hey @Bronx Cheer!) - NOPE. And while the thread is in its infancy, we can say NOPE to the groupthink mentality that permeates those other debate threads. A "hater" disagreeing with a hater and a "lover" disagreeing with a lover shouldn't be rare at all. Take those Negan fans who say that Rick is as amoral as Negan, for example. Not agreeing with that shit. 'Tis an intellectual war zone.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast