Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
  1. Back To Top    #111
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1394 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Appetence View Post
    What constitutes "key art"? and is this a distinction from a poster? Noob question :)

I'm guessing this is the same status as the TWD image with Rick crouching down (the black and white image) they released before 6A premiered?

The posters are a different thing all together then, or are they considered one in the same- in terms of significance?
    What @Milton36 said so very well.

2. Back To Top    #112
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by milton36 View Post
    key art is basically what the show wants the audience to focus on in the coming half of the season. I goes over the major themes, foreshadowing, etc the show wants you to keep in mind. The 4a key art was rick standing beside a gate with the fences broken which foreshadowed the fall of the prison. 4b had rick and carl on the train tracks with the words "don't look back" which foreshadowed them following the tracks to go to terminus. The 5a one was rick hiding in the woods with a gun with hunt or be hunted which foreshadowed the hunters trapping them in the church. 5b was rick and the crew walking down a suburban street which was foreshadowing them finding alexandria. This season it was rick on a truck which foreshadowed the botched quarry run and the herd. Even in season 2, they used rick running to the farm to foreshadow both the group finding the farm and carl being shot.

So rick and michonne in the key art is a big deal and expresses a great many things. It, more than likely, foreshadows their coming relationship as well as them being co-leaders in this larger world.

squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Back To Top    #113
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton36 View Post
    Key art is basically what the show wants the audience to focus on in the coming half of the season. I goes over the major themes, foreshadowing, etc the show wants you to keep in mind. The 4a key art was Rick standing beside a gate with the fences broken which foreshadowed the fall of the prison. 4b had Rick and Carl on the train tracks with the words "Don't look back" which foreshadowed them following the tracks to go to Terminus. The 5a one was Rick hiding in the woods with a gun with Hunt or be Hunted which foreshadowed the Hunters trapping them in the church. 5b was Rick and the crew walking down a suburban street which was foreshadowing them finding Alexandria. This season it was Rick on a truck which foreshadowed the botched quarry run and the herd. Even in season 2, they used Rick running to the farm to foreshadow both the group finding the farm and Carl being shot.

So Rick and Michonne in the key art is a big deal and expresses a great many things. It, more than likely, foreshadows their coming relationship as well as them being co-leaders in this larger world.

My reaction to this on the outside

My reaction on the inside

4. Back To Top    #114
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton36 View Post
    Key art is basically what the show wants the audience to focus on in the coming half of the season. I goes over the major themes, foreshadowing, etc the show wants you to keep in mind. The 4a key art was Rick standing beside a gate with the fences broken which foreshadowed the fall of the prison. 4b had Rick and Carl on the train tracks with the words "Don't look back" which foreshadowed them following the tracks to go to Terminus. The 5a one was Rick hiding in the woods with a gun with Hunt or be Hunted which foreshadowed the Hunters trapping them in the church. 5b was Rick and the crew walking down a suburban street which was foreshadowing them finding Alexandria. This season it was Rick on a truck which foreshadowed the botched quarry run and the herd. Even in season 2, they used Rick running to the farm to foreshadow both the group finding the farm and Carl being shot.

So Rick and Michonne in the key art is a big deal and expresses a great many things. It, more than likely, foreshadows their coming relationship as well as them being co-leaders in this larger world.
    Oh. My.

This was lovely to hear/read. Thank you @Milton36 - I had the same question about "Key Art". So it is "key" as in - unlocking the theme of 6b. Being an important clue to future events. Pretty epic stuff, I see.

5. Back To Top    #115
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    The thought that anyone believed that Jessie would be Rick's love interest at a time when he needs someone to back him up help him focus against Negan is downright dangerous! I shipped Richonne since Clear, but never thought they would go for it. Glad the show did because it makes the most sense. Btw, I am new here, and I know I will be parked in this side of the forum

6. Back To Top    #116
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckgirl View Post
    The thought that anyone believed that Jessie would be Rick's love interest at a time when he needs someone to back him up help him focus against Negan is downright dangerous! I shipped Richonne since Clear, but never thought they would go for it. Glad the show did because it makes the most sense. Btw, I am new here, and I know I will be parked in this side of the forum
    Welcome to the Richonne subforum!

7. Back To Top    #117
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    people that say richonne is not real or rick and michonne are like sister and brother lol do they see the walkig dead or another show ?

8. Back To Top    #118
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckgirl View Post
    Welcome!!!! I agree with your thoughts. Rick deserves a woman who can take of herself and yet be the sexy, goddess wifey behind closed doors. That person is Michonne. But of course, I wouldn't mind at all seeing Rick being concerned and protective over his Michonne. That's always nice to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahira View Post
    people that say richonne is not real or rick and michonne are like sister and brother lol do they see the walkig dead or another show ?
    I always wonder about those people. Like seriously, they need to get a grip. Eventually they'll have no choice but to deal with it. Richonne isn't going anywhere. This ship is here to stay. They will come up with anything to say to bash this ship. I've started hearing about "fan feed" now??? -_____- Screw the haters! lol Gimple himself said he wanted to this before he even became showrunner.

After all the stress and hardships the group has faced and the burdens of being a leader weighing on Rick's shoulder everyday, you would think people would be happy that our main character is overjoyed the moon happy. He's still ruthless, but now there's a softness and lightness to him. Come on! It's about time. He deserves his happiness. His children LOVE Michonne. She is an integral part of The Family. What more could anyone asks for????

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112